[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this comfy flick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: adventureland.jpg (13 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
adventureland.jpg
13 KB, 184x273
What does /tv/ think of this comfy flick?
>>
File: 1347882012672.jpg (393 KB, 1650x2200) Image search: [Google]
1347882012672.jpg
393 KB, 1650x2200
it was pretty good
>>
>>68942769
used to be one of my favorites. Still really good. Convinced me Eisenberg and Stewart were good actors, despite years of hollywood trying to convince me otherwise
>>
Music is good
>>
>>68942769

One of the best stoner teen movies around I'd say

totally believable romance with genuine emotions and a great script held up by very strong performances

it's too bad Eisenberg became such a hack after this and The Social Network
>>
>>68943185

albeit unlikely

girls that age wouldn't know who the eff Lou Reed was
>>
>>68942842
her soles are suckable
>>
>>68943438

Wat. She's supposed to be 20 or so isn't she? Eisenberg is a recent college grad making him about 22.
>>
>>68943505

oh, I'm referring to the whole deadpool guy hitting on the teenagers.

>shed a light of love
>>
super underrated desu
>>
>>68943572

they're not teenagers though

and I don't get the sense that he's past his 20s. A dude in his late 20s hitting on a girl in her early 20s isn't all that unusual.
>>
>>68943505
Eisenberg is just out of highschool trying to get into college, her age isn't stated.
>>
>>68943572

OH FUCK.

Sorry.

Now I remember that you're talking about the scene at the end. I thought you meant Emily wouldn't know who Lou Reed is. That scene does seem a little unlikely though I think Satellite of Love and Walk on the Wild Side were comparatively famous for me right?
>>
>>68943645

That's not correct my man. I've seen the movie a bunch of times. Early on it's stated quite clearly that he's just graduated college with a degree in the humanities, Renaissance Literature or some shit. He's trying to move on to a Masters program in Journalism.
>>
>>68943655

yeah I mean sure there are people out there who actively seek the top music from a variety of time periods but those girls looked like plebs who wouldn't do that
>>
>>68943819

true. I think I thought those Reed songs had come out closer to the summer in which the movie is set but it looks like they came out about 15 years before that.

anyway we're splitting hairs

I think we agree the movie has a great soundtrack.

Also for people who like the movie a lot you should check out the commentary track with Eisenberg and the director. It's pretty damned funny.
>>
>>68943738
Hmm, okay. Can you confirm what decade the movie is set in? It feels like it could be set in any time period but last time I watched it I noticed some things that made me think it was probably set sometime in the 80s.
>>
>>68943971
>noticed some things
>probably set in the 80s
The state of /tv/
>>
>>68943971

it is set in 1987
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.