[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really don't understand how Mattew Fox didn't become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: MatthewFoxTIFFSept2012.jpg (359 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
MatthewFoxTIFFSept2012.jpg
359 KB, 768x1024
I really don't understand how Mattew Fox didn't become a super movie star. He was so good in Lost. He had is all, great looks, great acting talent, international recognition.

What cost him? Bad Agents? Bad bookings?
>>
he is an alcohol
>>
Hollywood doesn't need another Whiteman whitespaling/manspailing

Good for a Nolan movie though
>>
>>68942707
I've often wondered this too. He's been in some pretty shitty movies, usually as a secondary character
>>
>>68942707
Has no range, he's more of a tv movie actor, like Heigl.
Now Josh Holloway, that's someone we should ask ourselves why he didn't turn into a movie star.
>>
>>68942942
He's been too busy with television. I thought the same thing, but found out he just stars in tv shows these days that I don't personally watch
>>
PROTIP: Most actors are in the acting business for the money not for the love of the art.

LOST set him up for life and that's all he needs.
>>
>>68942998
He did try to get a film career going following Lost but the best he could do was a bit part in a Mission Impossible movie so he went back to TV
>>
File: josh.jpg (78 KB, 800x976) Image search: [Google]
josh.jpg
78 KB, 800x976
>>68942942

>this is a 46 year old
>>
>>68943084
Let's not forget his pivotal role in World War Z
>>
He was fucking awesome as Racer X in Speed Racer
>>
>>68943113

he's in a heated husbando contention with Sam Rockwell , for me at least
>>
>>68943127
I was talking about Holloway, but Fox's part in World War Z was originally much bigger. Then the reshoots happened and his scenes were cut.
>>
>>68942942
See I never thought he would become a movie star. He works in tv a lot as lead actor and that's exactly where I thought he'd be. Either that or just do modeling.

But Fox reminded me of say, Jon Hamm, who has transitioned quite well. I really did think Fox was going to be the next Clooney though.
>>
>>68943055
he could make more money tho
>>
>>68943236
So could you, why are you on 4chan instead of making more money?
>>
>>68943204
Clooney only made it big because he started producing his own projects. His movie career almost died after Batman & Robin.
>>
>>68942707
Likes to beat the shit out of women, which, understandably, didn't really play well to his largely female fanbase (ie. the consumers), so only his small, core market remains
>>
he's had multiple shots -- vantage point, speed racer, emperor, alex cross -- and they either went unseen or he wasn't memorable in them, or both.
>>
>>68942707
He was really boring in Lost.
>>
>>68943277
>Likes to beat the shit out of women, which, understandably, didn't really play well to his largely female fanbase
What are you on about? It's common knowledge that women are whores who like to be dominated, bet your ass his female fans' snatches were leaking like a fountain when they heard about what he did.
>>
>>68943381
requesting some Jackface gifs
>>
>>68943381
This. He was just competent enough to not be terrible. No charisma at all.
>>
File: 1462029149996.gif (2 MB, 347x274) Image search: [Google]
1462029149996.gif
2 MB, 347x274
>>68943408
I humbly stand corrected, anon
>>
>>68943479

That video is fuckin painpul
>>
>>68943653
Just like we rehearsed
>>
>>68942707
He got arrogant

He thought he was a bigger star than he really was

So he was incredibly picky with what roles he took, and what few he did take he was incredibly demanding.
>>
>>68943204
>Jon Hamm, who has transitioned quite well.
he has?
>>
>>68942707
I really don't understand how he would become a super movie star.

>play a Lost episode
>itsajackscene.jpg
>every fucking time
Just look at that restless bitch face. It oozes passive aggression even from a motionless picture.
>>
>>68943718
I think so, he's getting steady work in both tv and film, he's having to turn work down, but he never seems to. He's even been lead in a few movies, which okay weren't smash hits but he was the lead.

And of course he finally got that Emmy. Nobody seems to have a bad word to say about him.
>>
>>68942707

He and his agent picked awful fucking roles. He was in that embarrassingly awful Alex Cross movie. That cemented him as a B movie actor.
>>
>>68943979
You don't cross the Cross, nigger
>>
>>68942707

He's too old for Hollywood.
>>
Loved his role in Bone tomahawk.
Honestly he doesn't need to do anything else although i wish he got more roles.
his legacy is LOST.
>>
File: tegaki.png (5 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5 KB, 400x400
>>68942707
his eyes are too close to one another
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.