[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wot/ - Wheel of Time General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: twitter.jpg (49 KB, 460x284) Image search: [Google]
twitter.jpg
49 KB, 460x284
HYPE

The Wheel of Time turns, and ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legends fade to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the third age by some, an Age yet to come, an age long pass, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings or endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.

>What is the Wheel of Time?
The Wheel of Time (abbreviated as WoT by fans) is a bestselling series of epic fantasy novels written by the American author James Oliver Rigney, Jr. under the pen name Robert Jordan.
It has recently been announced that it will be getting a tv series adaptation by a currently unknown "Major Studio".

>wiki
http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time

>What do we know so far?
Just the announcement made by Harriet McDougal (Jordan's wife).
http://www.tor.com/2016/04/28/tv-rights-to-the-wheel-of-time-optioned-by-new-studio-with-jordan-estates-approval/
>>
>>68940411
First for spanking Rand's BWA
>>
I got 8 books into WoT before it occurred to me that I didn't know or care what was going on with any of the characters or the story as a whole
So I just stopped and never looked back
Is it worth trying again?
>>
>watching jewvision
>>
>>68940411

I gave up on WoT when it became obvious it would never be completed, just dragged out book after book after book on and on until the author died.

It's probably going to be a piece of shit like the Shanara adaptation
>>
File: 6843327-rachel-weisz.jpg (373 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
6843327-rachel-weisz.jpg
373 KB, 1920x1200
The only correct casting choice for Moiraine Damodred.

>>68940411
Also thanks for keeping the general going bros sedai.
>>
>>68941075
It got finished by Brandon Sanderson, I think he did a good job desu; the books he did had more cuts but they were finale books so they worked with the tension
His Stormlight Archive books are even better than WoT imo

>>68940411
I'm interested to know how the TV people will adapt the element bending Force shit to TV, that budgets going to be big I guess

POST YOUR CHARACTER ACTOR PREDICTIONS/HOPES
>>
>>68941340
>>68941340
Mory is fucking boring, gibe choices for Rand, Rand's dad and the old aes sedai who gets told she's a bully by Rand's dad and will hopefully be a milf

Fug, I read the books so long ago I've forgotten so many names. Let's discuss Stormlight Archive ITT too
>>
>Question: Has it gotten any easier to dig through RJ’s very personalized and, in some ways, maddeningly genius organizational system?

>Brandon Sanderson: You’d actually have to ask that of Maria and Alan since they are the ones who dig through it. I gave up on that after about two months into the first book because I couldn't make heads or tails of it; I just started asking questions of them.

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=894

>I was working on Towers of Midnight, and I sent an email to Maria saying, "I can't keep track of who is with Perrin. Do you have just a list somewhere?"... Maria comes back and says, "Well I just dug this out of the notes; I hadn't seen it before. Maybe this will help. It's a file called 'With Perrin'". I went, "Oh, good." And I opened it up...no, that's not what it is; it is the names of all the Two Rivers folk who haven't been named in the books yet. [laughter] ...who are traveling with Perrin, and often a little bit about each of them, and a list of several dozen names of people who haven't been named yet. That's the level of detail we're talking about with this, and it was a challenge; it was a challenge on all of us.

>Fortunately, we did have Maria and Alan ... and I would focus my writing, particularly in first draft, on just getting the emotional content of a scene down, right? Get the narrative flow down, make sure it's working, and I would try to get all the voices of the characters right, but I wouldn't worry as much about continuity. I would then send it to Maria, and she would send back this thing with all of these notes saying, "Oh Brandon. Oh Brandon, you can't do this." "Oh Brandon, you killed her." "Oh Brandon..." ... And then we would try and fix all of the problems caused by that, and that's kind of how it went.

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7749
>>
>>68940488
No. If you still didn't like it after 8 books then there's no point to try again.
>>
>>68940411
Splendid, I just finished the first book and am just starting with the second. It was a bit difficult but I'm already into it.
>>
>>68942380
I wanted to get started on sandersons books, they looked really good. I still feel like i oughta finish the wot before i do
>>
File: calum_worthy.jpg (128 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
calum_worthy.jpg
128 KB, 533x800
>>68941340
>>68942648
pic related for Rand

fits the role, disney connections. certainly a possibility.
>>
>>68944195
Perfect amount of pretty boy

What about Rand's triple harem, all I can think of are big name actors
>>
File: mierin.jpg (153 KB, 680x850) Image search: [Google]
mierin.jpg
153 KB, 680x850
claim your waifus /wot/
>>
So I'm reading through the series, I'm about 8 chapters into the third book. I'm confused at to what the Wheel actually does. Because the gist seems to be that each cycle is a mirror of another one, and each person has been reincarnated dozens of times before, they just don't remember it and all memory of previous cycles has disappeared by the time that age reappears in the next cycle.... except Lews Therin.

How wrong am I? Does it get explained later?
>>
File: aviendha.jpg (52 KB, 500x301) Image search: [Google]
aviendha.jpg
52 KB, 500x301
>>68944368
step aside plebians, best girl coming through
>>
File: 1458126519640.jpg (86 KB, 610x914) Image search: [Google]
1458126519640.jpg
86 KB, 610x914
Daily reminder that unless this show gets picked up by HBO it WILL be shit
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 249x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 249x228
>>68944524
min best girl

Fight me faggots
>>
>>68942780
So?

It would be one thing if he completely ignored them, but he didn't.

He had people fact checking him every step of the way.

>>68944499
That's about the gist of it. Though I think you may have confused the cycles with the Ages.

For every cycle there are 7 Ages.

The Dragon is spun out in the 2nd and 3rd Ages as the messiah figure to fight the Shadow; not sure if he's born into the other Ages though.

Also, I'm fairly sure that not everyone is reincarnated, and I think that some souls are reincarnated multiple times in the same Age but I'm honestly less sure about that last part.
>>
>>68945080
I'm ready to ridicule you for being a bookfag
>>
>Sanderson's """prose"""

This is fanfic tier
>>
>>68945080
>So?
So he didn't take the project seriously. He spent more time playing Magic: the Gathering and tweeting than he did reading notes.
>It would be one thing if he completely ignored them, but he didn't.
He literally said that he completely ignored them and wrote based on emotional content.
>He had people fact checking him every step of the way.
The fact checkers used fandom wikis and also did not read all of the notes. Fans have discovered things in the notes that these guys didn't know existed. Totally embarrassing.

Brandon Sanderson ruined this series.
>>
>>68944499
"The Wheel of Time weaves the Pattern of the Ages, and the threads it uses are lives. It is not fixed, the Pattern, not always. If a man tries to change the direction of his life and the Pattern has room for it, the Wheel just weaves on and takes it in. There is always room for small changes, but sometimes the Pattern simply won't accept a big change, no matter how hard you try....And sometimes the Wheel bends a life-thread, or several threads, in such a way that all the surrounding threads are forced to swirl around it, and those force other threads, and those still others, and on and on. That first bending to make the Web, that is ta'veren, and there is nothing you can do to change it, not until the Pattern itself changes. The Web - ta'maral'ailen, it's called - can last for weeks, or for years. It can take in a town, or even the whole Pattern."

As far as I know only ta'veren are ever re-woven into the pattern when a new age comes, and memory retention is often circumstantial. i.e birgitte and mat.
>>
>>68944938
that's not how you spell Faile sheepherder
>>
>>68945173
>thinking the bitchiest cunt in all of fiction is best girl

Birgitte would at least go out drinking with you, not stay up till you come back to bitch you out for daring to do something without her
>>
>>68945362
and then bitch at you even more because you didn't argue with her and just passed out instead
>>
>>68945362
>thinking the bitchiest cunt is Faile

I'm here to remind you that Egwene exists.
>>
>>68945501
why didn't they team up with cadsuane to nag the forsaken to death?
>>
>>68945501
>>68945628
Just get Elaida to lead them and we are golden
>>
>>68945501
>you will get to see egwene spanked until she cries in your lifetime

Such bliss
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.