[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is ricky gervais finished?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: donefor.png (681 KB, 769x678) Image search: [Google]
donefor.png
681 KB, 769x678
Is ricky gervais finished?
>>
>>68938977
Yes. Eric Bana too.
>>
DUDE. ATHEISM. LMAO
>>
>>68939015

lol why did he even agree to this????
>>
>>68938977

He'll fall back on Brent if he has to. Or do something else with Karl Pilktington.
>>
>>68939456

why does his solo shit NEVER work?
>>
File: netflix derek.jpg (39 KB, 680x478) Image search: [Google]
netflix derek.jpg
39 KB, 680x478
>>68938977
He went full retard

It's over Ricky. It's over.
>>
>>68939697

Steven Merchant hasn't done very well either. Probably he's one of those people who has a lot of ideas but can't tell the good ones from the bad ones.
>>
Yes, people finally stopped falling for the 'Ricky Gervais is funny' meme
>>
AHH SAVE ME KARL
>>
>>68938977
I legitimately don't understand why he was ever in demand.

Office was good, Extras was alright.

That's literally it. All his movies are shit.
>>
>>68940047

oh shit comepletely forgot about derek

bongs, can you explain to me what the hell that was all about?

i thought it was just a bong humor thing and i just didnt get it

was it just awful???
>>
>>68940415
The XFM shows.

But that was it. Nothing past Extras was good IMO. Oh, I have a soft spot for An Idiot Abroad.

Can we all draw a line under it here now.
Nobody ever mention new Gervais stuff again
>>
as an american i can safely say that the only "performance" of his that I enjoyed (if you can call it a performance) - was hosting the golden globes. I think thats what he was made for and all he will ever be good at.
>>
he cant act for shit i wish he wouldnt cast himself in his fucking movies the fat little corpsing faggot pig

he fucking does his lame stopping and starting sentences act everytime the fat little bong
>>
Jesus Christ, Bana. What are these roles you've been picking lately.
>>
>>68942678
I had to guess I'd say he wanted to act like a retard while telling a serious story at the same time. I never watched it so I don't really know how bad it is.
>>
File: Alicia.png (83 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
Alicia.png
83 KB, 189x266
>americans literally pay him millions
>>
>>68942678
Derek is actually one of his oldest characters, predating the Office.
As another anon posited elsewhere in the thread, he's good for ideas but lacks quality control
>>
File: Sad-Clown.jpg (242 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Clown.jpg
242 KB, 640x426
>>68938977
I liked it.
>>
>>68943242
Me too anon, me too.
>>
>>68938977
yikes. that is the most painful description ive ever read. id literally physically start bleeding if i was ricky gervais and read that. sheesh. wowsers. not too surprised the show sucks though. ricky gervais is known for writing 2 dimensional characters. i cringed so hard at that young caretaker who didnt care for anything and then turned her attitude around in like 5 minutes in derek. barely 1 dimensional that
>>
>>68939456
He's already releasing a Brent movie
>>
>>68942678
I don't know anyone here who's watched it.
>>
>>68942911
>he fucking does his lame stopping and starting sentences act

huh?
>>
File: Donald-Trump[1].jpg (32 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump[1].jpg
32 KB, 615x409
>>68943082

dirty foreigners think millions of dollars is alot
>>
>>68940052
His show Hello, Ladies wasn't too bad. Not great but I enjoyed it.

For me Gervais and Merchant need to be together. That's when the work best. The office, Extras, the podcast...all fantastic because the the duo. And Karl.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.