[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The Witch is The Village done right Holy shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
>The Witch is The Village done right

Holy shit.
>>
Why are her eyes so far apart?
>>
>>68936621
Did people here like it? I got around to watching it a few days ago and left completely underwhelmed and unimpressed. It's still better than babadook and it follows tho
>>
>>68936652
witchcraft
>>
Is she bait?
>>
But they're nothing alike you stupid kike
>>
The village wasn't trying to be a horror movie. It was a heartwarming love story and it was good for what it was. It's just cool to hate on it because it had the shittiest advertisements ever which made it look like a horror movie, but that was obviously the studio's fault for not trusting that kind of movie to do well without false advertisement.
>>
>>68936621

>mfw when they reveal it's set in modern times

I did not see that coming.
>>
>>68936699
>But they're nothing alike

True. The Witch was actually good.
>>
>The Witch is TBWP done right
Horry shet
>The Witch is Alien done right
Horry shet
>The Witch is the Exorcist done right
Odam Son.
>>
>>68936621

>Likes The ^^eme
>Thinks The Village was poorly done

Pleb spotted
>>
>>68936811
Standard /tv/ contrarianism
>>
>>68936872
If anything I expect the average /tv/ user to hate The Village just like the redditors do, no wonder Shyamalan only made shit movies after that one, the audience did not react well at all to a powerfuk portrayal of actual human emotions
>>
>>68936926
The twist was kinda stupid, but i still like it. Signs is way better desu
>>
>>68936657
>better than babadook and it follows
That's not saying much
>>
>>68936968
Signs also had a stupid twist
>>
>>68936621
They're blew

One blew West, one blew East
>>
File: 1461332149082.webm (866 KB, 640x798) Image search: [Google]
1461332149082.webm
866 KB, 640x798
>>68936679
>>
File: 1455513862520.jpg (72 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455513862520.jpg
72 KB, 600x600
>>68937069
>>
>>68936621
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>68936983
I know, i'm just comparing it to the other popular acclaimed recent horror flicks

>>68937058
The water thing? I didn't think it was that stupid, just kinda "meh, alright"
>>
>>68936968
I didn't really feel it was a twist, it was pretty obvious since the beginning. I liked it because of the performances and the human emotions portrayed in the film, people watching shyamalan movies just for le twist is what killed him as a director and made him do stupid shit like the happening
>>
>>68937190
>I didn't really feel it was a twist, it was pretty obvious since the beginning
Not really mate, you had some prior knowledge if you knew what wa going on.

>people watching shyamalan movies just for le twist is what made him famous as a director*
>>
>>68937295
Yeah, it made him famous and it turned into a gimmick which ultimately killed his creativity, I don't see any contradiction there. It's not dissimilar to how tarantella turned more and more into a meme version of himself as his movies went on. The Village and Jackie Brown share being the last movie where each director put any speck of passion before turning into movie shitting machines fueled by memes
>>
>>68937560
>Yeah, it made him famous and it turned into a gimmick which ultimately killed his creativity, I don't see any contradiction there.
Me neither, but you were acting as if people were watching his movies the wrong way, wanting a twist, when it's the only thing that distinguished him as a director. It's not the people's fault he kept getting shittier.
>>
>>68937646
But sixth sense, unbreakable, signs and the village are so much more than their twists. In the case of Unbreakable I'd say it's incidental to the character arc, and in the case of Signs I'd even say it's the worst part of an otherwise extremely solid movie.
I'm just sad that people focused so much on the final five minutes of movies that had so much more to offer. Especially considering that Shyamalan will never make another good movie again, while I will defend the village to the bitter end every other movie he made since had been utter and total shit
>>
>>68937883
I agree mate, but you got my point. If there weren't any twists, he wouldn't have gotten as big, which would probably be a good thing, but maybe he wouldn't have made Signs or The village in the first place. He can still redeem himself, The visit was a pile of shit but still an improvement over Avatar and Happening.
>>
>>68936652

baltic genes
>>
>>68938039
I will say I haven't seen the visit yet, I just forgot it existed.
I liked The Happening and Devil as stupid entertainment, I honestly laughed more at those movies than most comedies, but lady in the water, avatar and after earth were just absolute garbage without any entertainment value. I couldn't believe the same person directed unbreakable and those movies, the camerawork was good but everything else was terrible
>>
>>68938236
Yeah, his fall is something that doesn't make a lot of sense. Maybe someone cursed him, or his deal with the devil expired.
>>
>>68936621
>tfw no witch gf
;_;
>>
>>68938409
>at one point he had a finished script for unbreakable 2
>he never shot it
>he cannibalized the script for a different movie
>he never shot that one either
>everyone is too old for any real chance of an unbreakable 2 ever happening now
>>
>>68937069
what kind of ayylium is this?
>>
>find new waifu
>look up vids
>it turns out she's not British

Finally
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.