[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>Balanced humour >Better plot >Stakes >Character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
>>Balanced humour
>Better plot
>Stakes
>Character dies
>Better villain

When did you realise that age of ultron was better than civil war?
>>
>>68928236
>nothing happens
>boring action
>dumb characters
>boring script
>bad cgi
>couldn't decide which storylines to follow
>predictable plot
>lackluster acting
>no emotions
>forgettable premise
>lazy plot devices
>stolen ideas
>overstuffed plot
>dumb audience
>confusing editing
>laughed at how terrible the music was
>sound effects were cheap
>scenes were fake looking
>shower was broken at theater.
>10/10 would meme again
>>
>i unironically rank generic capeshit films aimed at toddlers
>>
>>68928236
>Better villain

You mean dumb villain.

>Escapes through internet
>Doesnt just stay in the decentralized unattackable internet spawning nano machines through commercial companies to kill everyone
>>
>>68928236
>Stakes

There has literally never been any tension or stakes at all in any Marvel movie.

They are cartoons.
>>
>>68928236
Fuck off Joss Sweden.
>>
>>68928330
>Dress up Bucky
>blow up building
>Try to commit suicide

What sounds dumber?
>>
>>68928261
So Civil War then?
Because that's exactly what it sounds like.
>>
This
>>
>>68928236
He literally looks like a Bayformers character
>>
>>68928236

age of ultron was literally meme tier garbage
>>
>>68928330
I don't understand why he didn't just leave a single robot hidden away somewhere so he could just rebuild himself later.
>>
File: 1440004146857.jpg (6 KB, 164x216) Image search: [Google]
1440004146857.jpg
6 KB, 164x216
>>68928261
>flying truck
>>
>>68928261
>shower was broken at theater.
do you live in a insecticide factory?
>>
File: Ben.jpg (26 KB, 480x606) Image search: [Google]
Ben.jpg
26 KB, 480x606
>>68928236
As a Marvelfag, I can say that Age of Ultron sucked. It makes me mad because in the comics Ultron is a fucking psycho killer badass robot. Also Marvel-Disney somehow found a way to waste the talent of James Spader.

Age of Ultron was a trainwreck on par with BvS. Maybe not on rotten tomatoes or whatever barometer you want to use, but deep down every Marvel fan knows it's true.
>>
>age of ultron
>lasts a week or so
Aren't "ages" supposed to last for a really fucking long period of time. Like an Ice Age for exemple ?
>>
>>68930796
>comparing AoU to Kino
You really are a marvelfag
>>
>>68928236

The only thing good about the movie was James Spader and Andy Serkis. Everything else was pretty garbage.
>>
stop please
>>
>>68928236
Have another (you)
>>
File: image.gif (939 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
939 KB, 500x282
>DC falseflagging
When did you realize Catwoman was better than BVS?
>>
>>68928236
i don't get the AoU hate, i mean i get the hate from SJWs because muh Black Widow is in love with Hulk but that's it
>>
>>68932880
It actually is.
Catwoman I can enjoy as a movie so bad its good all these years later. BvS actually bores and angers me.
>>
>>68928236
Loved watching the avengers in a little house in the countryside arguing about who is going to use the toilet. Really captured the Seventh Heaven feel I expect from my superhero flicks.
>>
>>68928236

>Balanced humour

Joss Whedon went full quip in Age of Ultron, so much so he made Ultron in to a quipmachine. Completely making him look dumb. Not to mention, "Language!". I'm glad he is gone, he was holding Captain America back with his hate hard on for him.

>Better plot

This one is arguable, the plot was good but it suffered from a lackluster villain and no real sense of danger.

>Stakes

There were stakes, but there are just as many stakes involved in Civil War as there are in AoU. AoU stakes are just more obvious, and have world threat event. Higher stakes don't always mean better movie.

>Character dies

Yeah, a character that got introduced in the same movie he gets killed in. Didn't let the audience get used to him, or really developed. Not to mention the way he got killed was extremely stupid and god damn it I hate Joss Whedon for killing Slavsilver.

>Better Villain

Not really, Ultron was a joke. I get that he was made from Tony Star somewhat. But jesus, he just felt so hammy and not threatening when he made jokes like Tony.
>>
>>68932895
Ultron felt like Loki in tinfoil, the end fight was new york with ultrons instead of Skrull, Ultron was wasted and never really the level of threat he deserved to be... It was just not as good as it should or could have been.
>>
>>68928236
>movies are only good when a character pointlessly dies to force drama
>>
>>68928236

Except Age of Ultron was

>hardly balanced
>killed a useless new character no one cared about
>turned Ultron into Tony Stark/Spaderbot 2.0
>was overstuffed with shitty quips

Age of Ultron was just as awful as Civil War, if not more
>>
>>68932895
It wasn't that bad, but still it was bad. Mainly because it had too many quips/humor/jokes, the movie couldn't be taken seriously at all.
Also Thor's dream was a mess and rushed.
>>
>>68928236

Where's the webm of the final battle in Ultron?
>>
>>68932880
>>68932927

Cringe.
>>
>balanced humor

Okay Whedon you can leave now
>>
God Ultron's design was fucking retarded.

May as well have spent the entire movie in the fucked up Iron Legion body he stole.
>>
>>68932880
Off topic, but this gif says theres a "New Freedom Christian school"

>Americans in charge of naming things
>>
File: Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg (124 KB, 257x380) Image search: [Google]
Batman_v_Superman_poster.jpg
124 KB, 257x380
>>Balanced humour
>Better plot
>Stakes
>Character dies
>Better villain

When did you realise that batman v superman was better than civil war?
>>
You guys are a buncha cunts tbqh

Haven't seen civil war yet, but AoU was pretty awesome. Spader's version of ultron seemed kinda cowardly, but he was a fun enough villian. Also birth of vision was cool imo
>>
>>68928295
This
>>
AoU was a flawed movie but I pity the anti-fun autists shitting on Spadertron. He was entertaining.
>>
>>68928236
Age of Ultron was mediocre. The best thing about it was that it was Hawkeye's movie, because lord knows he'll never get his own feature.
>>
>>68934293

Also: the last face off between vision and ultron seemed really whedony, kinda reminded me of the scene at the end of whatever season it was, with xander talking into sense into dark willow.
>>
>>68928236
>When did you realise that age of ultron was better than civil war?
too much shitpost for one day ,that shit would need to be bannable offense.
>>
My local cinema had a marathon of all cap and Avengers films running up to Civil War, Age of Ultron was intolerably bad:
>Forced romance between Black Widow and Hulk that has no set up prior
>Massively out of place "visions" the add nothing to the story at all and just take up screen time - Black Widow and Thor being prime examples
>Every character quips non stop including the villain making him a non - threat
>Action lacks any semblance of epic feeling
>Fucking Hawkeye is the best character
Meanwhile with Civil War:
>Each character gets a decent amount of screen time so it avoids the "Spiderman 3" problem
>Villain actually has solid motives to make him relatable AND WINS
>Movie knows when to hold off on the quips in turn for some actual serious, heartfelt moments
>A good amount of physical fighting while also giving casual fans the CGI fest they bought a ticket for
>Decent character growth for Iron Man, Cap, Black Panther, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Rhodey and others
>Final act fight scene has some strong emotional depth and feels very personal

Contrarian faggots need to fuck off with this "AoU > CW" meme, it's objectively false
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.