[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If someone like Zoey Deschanel put me through what JGL went through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
If someone like Zoey Deschanel put me through what JGL went through in the film, I might go suicidal. Yeah, she told him up front she didn't want a relationship. That's fine. But don't keep rubbing it into his face. She invites him to a party, knowing full well how he felt and never once thought it was a good idea to tell him she was engaged just a couple of months after ending their relationship. And then to show up at the park bench at the end of the film because "I thought you would be here". Why is she even seeking him out at this point?
>>
Haven't seen the film since came out so can't really remember, but a girl you like who tells you she ain't interested invites you to a party. "Oh that means she's interested". He brought it on himself if you ask me.
>>
>>68926737
She never liked him, that's the reality of it. He read too much into their relationship because he was in love with her. Yeah she was sometimes nice in return but it wasn't because she had strong feelings for him, it was more like an exchange, he was nice to her, so she was nice in return.
Every man needs to see this film, seriously. This is the most accurate portrayal of womens behavior that I have ever seen in a movie.
>>
>>68927936
>This is the most accurate portrayal of womens behavior that I have ever seen in a movie.

Except for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSOjuGdmvI
>>
Never be a time ho. Even in a casual relationship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QOQNcpuiA
>>
>>68927997
Wait, it just ends like that, jesus what a grim movie.
>>
>>68928250
I first saw it in an /r9k/ thread(of course). Fucking blew my mind. The overall plot of the movie is essentially:

>beta wants hot new girl
>beta's Chad friend bangs here and knocks her up
>beta sells all his stuff to pay for the abortion
>thinks they're going to be in relationship
>girl makes out with Chad at the party

The end.
>>
File: joseph-gordon-levitt.png (207 KB, 323x636) Image search: [Google]
joseph-gordon-levitt.png
207 KB, 323x636
>>68926737
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68928348
Jesus Christ! I gotta see this movie. I'm not even some betamax faggot, it's just novel to see a teen drama with a sad ending.
>>
File: zooey-deschanel.png (294 KB, 337x844) Image search: [Google]
zooey-deschanel.png
294 KB, 337x844
>>68928389
>>68926737
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68926737
JGL's character was not a nice guy.
>>
>>68928398
It's a bizarre tonal shift for sure because a lot of the other scenes in the movie are typical 80s teen sex comedy hijinks.
>>
>>68928406
>>68928389
>Jew gets cucked by white Jewish princess.
The truest story ever told!
>>
>>68928429
Was it a satire? Or an intentional subversion? Or is the director just tone def.
>>
>>68928480
No idea, it's such an odd 80s teen movie. I'd actually love to hear a DVD commentary from either the writer or director or both.
>>
>>68926737
Comet is a lot better.
>>
>>68926737
>Why is she even seeking him out at this point?

Because she likes him, she just doesn't love him. She still wanted them to be on good terms.
>>
File: nah.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nah.png
444 KB, 800x600
>showing any interest in girls
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.