[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A better alien invasion movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: independence-day-image.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
independence-day-image.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
Is there a better alien invasion film then this? Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum at their best, special effects that still look great today, and a kickass score to boot.

I've already pre-ordered the 20th anniversary blu-ray. The second movie looks like it's gonna be decent as well, although it sucks that Will Smith isn't going to be in it.
>>
the thing

it is a very delayed alien invasion though
>>
>>29786871
They live
>>
Unfortunately I think its going to be mediocre. They're already tainting the first one by giving will smith such a stupid and unnecessary death. I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like its going to be one of those sequels that people pretend aren't a part of the franchise. Only Chef Goldblum can save it
>>
>>68918428
What else can they do if Will Smith didn't want to do the movie? All I want is Jeff Goldblum and cool looking battles, which the trailer shows it has both, so I feel they can't fuck it up that bad.
>>
>>68918356
>liked independence day
>then
>half assed praise instead of a review
You're a mongoloid, kill yourself. You have the argumentative skills of a dead chimp and you enjoy trash movies.
>>
the one thing im worried about
>cgi aliens
>>
>>68918356

Body Snatchers
>>
>>68918370
First post best post
>>
>>68918890
>claims I have the argumentative skills of a dead chimp
>proceeds to say the movie is trash without stating any reasons
>correcting grammar on 4chan
Topkek.
>>
>>68918356
>Roland Emmerich made a good movie
kek
>Jeff Goldblum stops an advanced alien race with a laptop running Windows 95
>Jeff Goldblum not being at his best in Jurassic Park
I liked this movie when I was 10, but it's not that great. The new one looks like utter shit. The trailer is CGI bullshit with a voice over of Bill Pullman's speech from the first one. It's a cynical cash grab trying to capitalize on millennial nostalgia for the first one. Will Smith still has enough self respect to turn down the role. Jeff Goldblum was obviously lured by the fat paycheck they offered him. Not even going to be worth the $1.50 to rent it from Redbox IMO
Also, Invasion of the Body Snatchers is better as are many others
>>
This was a great film as a 10 year old. Now it's shit. Cringeworthy characters with equally cringy dialoges. Not to mention the speeches and punch lines. Oh, and the ever so subtle american patriotism.
>>
If ID4 and Battle: Los Angeles hatefucked and had an autistic found footage kid it would be called Skyline.
>>
>>68919873
Butthurt yurofag detected.
>>
>>68919984
Brainwashed amerifat spotted.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 450x666) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 450x666
It's an awful movie, but I do like that it's a realistic depiction of what would happen if aliens really did invade. By which I mean it's just two hours of humanity getting unequivocally BTFO.
>>
>>68918370
i wouldn't consider the thing to be an alien invasion movie. it has to be big scale to be an invasion, not one alien taking over a camp of 10 people in antarcica
>>
>>68918356
Mars attacks is better in every way
>>
Why do people suck Jeff goldblums dick so hard.

Sure he was good in Jurassic park, but so was everyone else, yet everyone canst stop worshiping the guy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.