[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did no one complain the heroes on both sides destroyed a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg (294 KB, 1500x801) Image search: [Google]
civilwar-capvsironman-promo.jpg
294 KB, 1500x801
Why did no one complain the heroes on both sides destroyed a foreign airport while quipping to each other, since no one really wanted to kill anyone there, when people were saying heroes should be more responsible?

They demolished towers, planes, millions of property damage...

Why do I have a feeling the Sokovia Accords will never be mentioned again in future Marvel movies and no heroes will be persecuted by the government for acting on their own?
>>
Tony Stark is a billionaire and can pay for it?
>>
>>68916071

Is it ok to just go to people's houses and destroy shit as long as you can pay for them?
>>
>>68916048
shh
if you throw enough quips no one will notice
>>
>>68916048
They outright said that the Accords will be part of Spiderman Homecoming's plot.
>>
Also, why is Peter Parker, a lonely super intelligent nerd from Queens, talking about Star Wars like if it was an obscure franchise far removed from today's normie world?
>>
When did DCucks become so obsessed with quips?
>>
>>68916239

Other than your post, where was DC mentioned here?
>>
>>68916278
99% of the times they are the one obsessed with quips.
Probably butthurt PTSD from BvS' reviews.
>>
File: tommydavidson.jpg (44 KB, 300x380) Image search: [Google]
tommydavidson.jpg
44 KB, 300x380
>>68916296
Yeah, because /tv/ hasnt been bitching about Joss and his quips for years here.
>>
>>68916048
>Why do I have a feeling the Sokovia Accords will never be mentioned again in future Marvel movies and no heroes will be persecuted by the government for acting on their own?

Why do you have that feeling?
>>
>>68916048
>Why do I have a feeling the Sokovia Accords will never be mentioned again in future Marvel movies
They never mentioned it again 10 minutes after the first time they mentioned it
>>
>>68916393

Because it felt like the movie had no stakes at all, specially when compared to Civil War in the comics. The events in the comics had ramifications for years.

It felt like they had this plan for Thanos in the MCU and just threw this Civil War / hero registration plotline out of nowhere in the middle of the original plan.
>>
>>68916460
The comic Civil War was a fucking disgrace that butchered characters left and right and had to make Iron Man and Reed mustache-twisting villains to end the entire thing because they couldn't mantain the ''unbiased'' look. It's by far, the worst comic book event ever made.

>Because it felt like the movie had no stakes at all
So?
Why does that give you the feeling that other movies won't mention the Accords?
>>
>>68916048
>quipping
stopped reading.

>well meme'd
>>
File: rotoscope.jpg (40 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
rotoscope.jpg
40 KB, 500x284
>>68916112
yes. you've never done that before?
>>
>>68916537

Sure, Civil War in the comics had its problems, but it was still ten times better than what we got in movie form. The registration plotline in the movie literally stops exactly after the end of the airport scene and it becomes a "MUH FAMILY" plot, to Zemo, to Tony Stark, to Bucky, to Black Panther and to Captain America. And then the movie just ends. The next ensemble movie we'll get is Infinity War part 1, which is going to be extremely ambitious. Do you really think they'll properly reflect a world post-Sokovia Accords in that one, when an intergalactic threat is coming to Earth?

It felt like the movie was made around that airport action scene and the deal with Sony for the Spiderman character. They just threw the Civil War name to help sell a few more tickets, because, like it or not, it's a popular event in the comics.
>>
>>68916700
>Sure, Civil War in the comics had its problems, but it was still ten times better than what we got in movie form

Stopped reading here.
>>
>>68916716

Why don't you tell me what the movie did better than the comics for the Civil War plotline?

I didn't see any "war" in the movie, for instance, just friends quipping at an airport about Star Wars, underoos, miniature toys, birth places etc, while showing each other some new tricks they hadn't before.
>>
>our last get together didn't take off so well
>>
>>68916811
The fact that both sides had compelling arguments, the fact that it managed to keep the conflict balanced by not making either sides the good guy, the fact that no characters acted like out of character, the fact that they didn't have to force Iron Man or Cap to do retarded shit to force the conflict.
But yeah, how about you tell me how comic Civil War was better?
Because considering you haven't provided any reason I think you are just talking out of your ass.

>just friends quipping at an airport about Star Wars, underoos, miniature toys, birth places etc, while showing each other some new tricks they hadn't before.
By this I suspect that you either didn't watch it, or you did wanting to hate it.
Or that you just picked up bits people mentioned about the leaked airport fight and wanted to make a hate thread.
>>
>"Can you give me more room in this car?"
>"Bird costume"
>"That REALLY old movie, Empire Strikes Back, you know that one?"

Man, it's so tense, you could really see how things would never be the same again after all those jokes...
>>
>>68916811
>underoos
>only mentions things about the leaked airport fight
Yeah, mad as fuck DCuck detected.
Sorry this movie was such a success.
>>
>>68916978

Son, the airport fight was literally the climax of the movie. That final fight between Tony, Cap and Bucky took 3 minutes to be over. They even had that ridiculous out of place shot of Tony blasting Cap Shield in slow-mo, trying to make you remember the comics.

What else am I supposed to talk about? The 'amazing' conversations they had in the Avengers base? The 'amazing' conversations between Cap and his love interest? The 'amazing' wakandians being serious black kings?

The only good part about this movie was the Spiderman intro scene, with Tony going to Queens, meeting Aunt May and talking to Peter in his room.

Sorry you're blinded by fanboyism. Marvel has had at least 8 other movies that are objectively better than this one. There might be more, but I'd have to remember them all.
>>
>>68917186
Exactly, you haven't seen the entire movie and you are picking up bits from things you are reading, see how easy you tried to deflect everything that happens in the final fight?

>There might be more, but I'd have to remember them all.
Yeah, mad as fuck DCuck wanting desperately to hate the movie.
Sorry it's going to be such a success.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.