[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Shield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: imgres.jpg (6 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
6 KB, 201x251
Anyone agree with me that the finale to this show is probably the best TV finale ever? Much better ending then shows in the same genre like SoA and Breaking Bad.
>>
Best cop show ever.
>>
>>68914957
While I agree, it's more of a criminal show than a cop show.
>>
>>68914983
> criminal show
Shut your whore mouth, they were great cops that decided to get a pay day.
>>
inb4 The Wire
>>
>>68915031
The Wire is shit.
>>
>>68915014
Yeah at first, if you watch the whole show you know they end up doing some heinous shit especially Shane.

That combined with other than the regulars like Dutch, Claudette, etc. every other character on the show was a criminal at least in some way makes it criminal show.
>>
>>68915085
Shane did nothing wrong and you know it!

For fuck sake everyone in the fucking world is a criminal, tell me you're not a fucking criminal in one way or another, stop judging people.
>>
>>68915044
The Wire isn't shit but is nowhere near as good as people say. The dialogue is awful and corny imo. Anyway anyone wanna weigh in on my original question of how Shield's finale stacks up against it's peers?
>>
>>68915165
Dude are you serious?? I could see excusing Vic, Ronnie or Lem (especially Lem... "Lem IM SORRY, BUT I HAD TO! LEMMMMMM!!!") but Shane did everything wrong starting halfway thru season 2
>>
in b4 Acevada gets mouth raped
>>
>>68914921
/tv/core finale rankings

Six Feet Under > The Shield > The Sopranos > Twin Peaks > The Wire > Deadwood > Oz
>>
>>68915602
Perfect. Twin Peaks should be taken off technically because s3
>>
>>68915602
What is Six Feet Under about? Never seen it. Imo Sopranos is better than Shield if you understand what they were going for and that Tony died and you were seeing his point of view that was black nothingness. Shield is the best for a non complex finale.
>>
File: 1-dutch-wagenbach.jpg (35 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1-dutch-wagenbach.jpg
35 KB, 720x480
Was it autism?
>>
>>68915165
Shane did a lot wrong, it's just that by the end he was a lot more sympathetic than Vic.

I never thought I'd forgive Shane for Lem but god damn that Family Meeting was sad.
>>
>>68915696
Still want to know what ever happened between Dutch Boy and Lloyd
>>
>>68915696
Possibly. Originally they were going to reveal that Dutch was so interested in serial killers because of all the children he had locked up in a dungeon but they decided it was too dark.
>>
>>68915709
I only felt bad for the kid, Shane and Maura had it coming.
>>
>>68915743
Are you being serious, damn that is too dark? Would've ruined a great character imo.
>>
>>68915752
Moreso than Vic? Vic was a fucking asshole always only looking out for number one. I mean look how badly he fucked over Ronnie.
>>
>>68915839
As much as the Ronnie move was the ultimate dick move in TV ever, it wasn't 100% his fault, I doubt he would've done it if he hadn't been set up to think his wife and children were in danger. I agree Vic was a piece of shit, had a lot coming to him, but not even close to Shane/Maura imo.
>>
>>68915692
A family who run a funeral parlour. You'll need to watch it, it's nothing you'd expect from the description. About how people deal with death and loss and grieving, but also about how that leads to all sorts if vibrant and intense emotions, feelings and experiences. That's sorta wrong but, best it could do. In my top 3 GOAT tv shows, with Sopranos and probably the Wire. Tends to be under-rated on tv because the characters aren't always likeable, and sometimes act selfishly and destructively.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.