[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember that time when millions of gullible internet surfing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: boss nigga.jpg (52 KB, 948x712) Image search: [Google]
boss nigga.jpg
52 KB, 948x712
Remember that time when millions of gullible internet surfing Americans were duped into professing their support for a cause of questionable merit because of peer pressure on facebook?
>>
The sad thing is you could probably easily do it again.
>>
wat is tis thin?
>>
File: the fugees.jpg (17 KB, 235x235) Image search: [Google]
the fugees.jpg
17 KB, 235x235
pretty much sounds like whats going on right now minus the american part
>>
yep, good thing Hillary is crushing him though
>>
>>68914744
What happened to the guy who made the video?
Didn't he get arrested for pissing in someones yard naked in broad daylight?
>>
>>68914744
That was a strange time.

>tfw founder got caught beating off in public
Certainly was spreading awareness of his Invisible Children
>>
>>68914836
Kek
>>
>>68914744
This was the beginning of the end for political activism.

After Kony every online political movement has been a farce. See: BLM, fat acceptance, post-Muslim terror attack apologist, Gamergate, Twitter activism etc...
>>
>>68914844
>>68914858
He was a CIA asset that made himself disposable.

The entire "invisible children" phenomenon was an operation to test the effectiveness of rallying & molding public opinion through social media outlets. It exceeded all expectations.
>>
File: orson welles disgust.png (424 KB, 641x468) Image search: [Google]
orson welles disgust.png
424 KB, 641x468
>>68914836
Mate as much as i dislike berniecucks I believe he deserves the nomination. Hillary is literally a criminal.
>>
>>68914992
>>68915027
That's pretty fucking terrifying, to be honest.
>>
>>68914836

Electing an SJW war-criminal like Hillary into office is a cause of questionable merit.
>>
>>68915077
This
It's pretty fucking scary

You guys never know, any group/ideology can be turned into enemies by the government, and everyone will hate you, without even knowing why/what you did.

You could be an xyz-ist, and wake up tomorrow and suddenly everyone hates xyz-ism, and wants you dead
>>
You mean kony is still out there? My hash tags didn't do anything??
>>
>>68914744
I never looked into this, but doesn't he use kids as soldiers or some shit? Last thing I heard about this guy was some reporter for National Geographic who'd tracked some illegal ivory trade to his organsation.
>>
>>68914744
Joseph Kony is a monster, and that's all that people needed to research when they were looking for legitimacy. A quick google search shows Joseph Kony is universally seen as an evil warlord, and what's this "Invisible Children"'s goal? To help orphans and former child soldiers and to put pressure to help authorities and others hunt down this warlord and ostensibly help rebuild the local region affected.

What happens then? Ugandans start talking about how angry they are because their country was portrayed as war-torn and shitty, when "actually only a very small part of it is now, also this American: he rayciss"

THEN: reddit and all the atheistic fedorafags who were angry that something so overtly religious got so viral threw every "youtube video debunks ..." video by teenage pretend-accountants calling the whole thing into question even though they had no idea what they were talking about and a good deal of "hilarious comics" making memes about how stupid everyone was and how obviously shitty the charity was.

People hate being called stupid more than they gush or feel compassion for foreign black people, and started switching sides.

What happens then? The charity releases a response that is poorly received, and explains that they support military options for security purposes in addition to their aid and diplomatic efforts.

Everyone now has a concrete reason (Obviously these Americans are imperialists in disguise) (!!!) and begin tearing at it

... Cont.
>>
>>68915325
>>68914744
The talking heads start talking about how "people on the internet are talking ..." and THEN

AND ONLY THEN

Does the crazy head of the company have a mental breakdown from pressure and go on a drug bender after having given it up when he became an evangelical-hipster.

Invisible Children and Kony 2012 is the perfect example of millions of idiots being duped by public and social pressure, but while everyone was an idiot, the largest group of them were the retards who got on the "It's a fraud" train, from the top to the bottom (which isn't that broad a statement considering how little effort was put in the argumentation)

God. I'm so tired of ancient memes like this being treated as the accepted historical narrative.
>>
File: 1447660451180.gif (456 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
1447660451180.gif
456 KB, 160x159
>>68914744
>mfw remember not falling for the ruse
>btfo'ed faggots on /pol/ + /tv/ who believed it
>their booty rash only increased until it culminated with their cuck leader jacking off in public
>>
File: redpill.png (2 MB, 1189x8256) Image search: [Google]
redpill.png
2 MB, 1189x8256
>>68915077
;)
>>
>>68915471
How was it a ruse?
>>
>>68915412
>God. I'm so tired of ancient memes like this being treated as the accepted historical narrative

Wait. What are you disputing that is being taken for historical fact?

The the charity wasn't actually a huge scam?
>>
>>68915077
>>68915147
>>68915483
You are just autistic.
>>
>>68915556
That actually really hurt man, why would you say that
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>68915505
>>
>>68915509
The organization fizzled out and the remaining members sold out. The owner and founder went on a drug bender and had been pressured into a bunch of things before that.

I am saying that even IF all the way up to that point when things became "obvious", that the organization had been corrupt, that that determination was not supported by any of the facts or circumstances up to that point.

What I am disputing about the historical record is how it was perceived and how people think the series of events unfolded and what determinations people were able to make as these events occurred. Which is the most important part of the whole story, even and especially if the whole thing was a scam.

If people found out it was a scam, for the WRONG REASONS, for coincidences and wrong rationale? That means that anyone could do that and probably has been doing that for real on ANYONE .. forever. Propaganda reaching its full expression
>>
Dillon you son of a bitch
>>
>>68914844
He was caught running round naked and masturbating in an LA street or something. I guess when it dawns on you, you're making a shit ton of money scamming people you might lose the plot a little.
>>
>>68915660
Fair enough.

Although I think that invisible children was also being slammed because by the time it was released Kony had already been kicked out of Uganda whereas the video intoned that he was still ravaging the country unopposed. So there were legitimate inconsistencies that raised eyebrows that weren't just people playing contrarian.
>>
>>68915483
That is the biggest load of shit I ever read (the last time it was posted - I'm not bothering to read it all again).
>>
File: df5.jpg (83 KB, 854x640) Image search: [Google]
df5.jpg
83 KB, 854x640
KONY this was the begging of mainstream slacktivism
>>
>>68914744
>questionable merit

Joseph Kony

>Forced children to kill their own parents.
>Forced children to eat the flesh of other human beings
>Forced children to kill babies by smashing their heads on rocks
>Cooked and ate people

OP, I can't say this enough, you are pure fucking human garbage. You should definitely go eat a pile of shit.
>>
>>68915483
Do conspiracy theorists actually think common core is brainwashing kids to be authoritarians? What?
>>
>>68915708
>He was caught running round naked and masturbating in an LA street or something.

It was San Diego. South Park did an entire episode about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuvsoZLE3WE
>>
>>68916234
And invisible children did literally nothing to stop him. He was already pushed out of Uganda before the documentary went viral.

The creators of invisible children used him as a sob story to separate sentimental fools from their money. The two guys behind it profited millions from the unscrupulous dealings of their bogus charity.
>>
>>68916480
>>68916155
Say what you will but common core math is one if the dumbest shit I've ever seen
>>
>>68915660

lol what is this, ghost in the shell?

Shut up faggot
>>
>>68915061
>>>/lgbt/
>>
For me it was more the realisation that liking a Facebook page would'nt bring an African warlord down.

I didn't care if the cause was real or not because it had the same legitimacy as those 1 like = 1 prayer posts.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.