[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Operation Turn /tv/ Back Into A Film Board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14
File: confusednicholson.jpg (3 KB, 264x148) Image search: [Google]
confusednicholson.jpg
3 KB, 264x148
Well /tv/ posters? Let's put out heads together.
Anyone have any ideas?
Perhaps if us cinephiles can band together at the right times, we can flood the board with real film discussion.
What do you think /tv/? Can it be done? Can we take our board back?
>>
>>68913214
bumping out of curiosity OP. this could work.
>>
b-bump?
>>
Why not just post some 'real film discussion' instead of fucking about making plans to?

You don't need to answer. It's because you've got nothing interesting to say.
>>
>>68913214
>wants to discuss film
>posts a movie
>>
There's a sweet spot somewhere between 1-3 am after the school kids start falling asleep, and right before the australians start shitting up the board where it's possible. I'd be surprised if there were enough of you fags to actually flood the board though.
>>
>>68913214
an anon had once made a suggestion to make a board dedicated entirely to celeb fetishizing and youtube discussions

imo that would help a lot
>>
File: Snatcher.png (181 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
Snatcher.png
181 KB, 640x352
>>68913214
So, you're wondering how best to fix /tv/? That one's simple.

Have Interpol track down the autistic, Australian pedophile that created the bot, that spams pictures of the actress Brighton Sharbino relentlessly on /tv/. Believe it or not, he probably has one or more such threads active right now.

Then, murder him. I'm not just talking any "murder", either. I'm talking about horrendous, brutal, gruesome, inexplicably-torturous murder. Make that fat, greasy fuck suffer until his very last breath.

Then, we get a mod to make a sticky for precisely one year. That sticky will feature high-resolution photographs of the fat, greasy, autistic, Australian pedophile's mutilated corpse. Other people will find themselves drawn to the sticky, see the photographs in lurid detail and think, "oh shit. If I don't get my head out of my ass and stop shitposting here, I could be next."

For bonus points and a little humor to ease the mood, have the very-first picture feature a plank of wood with blood stains on it next to the corpse, and the words (USER WAS BANGED WITH THIS POST).

THAT is how you fix /tv/.
>>
>>68913324
I fucking have been posting real film discussion retard. It hasn't been getting any traction because it's overcome by capeshit posts that people like you love to participate in.
>>
>>68913379
fuck i love this pasta
>>
considering anything cape related gets the most attention, I'd say banning cape shit or giving it its own category would be some sortve start.
>>
>>68913379
>this mad over cunnyfag

Are you a hotpocket?
>>
File: Life Is Beautiful.jpg (40 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
Life Is Beautiful.jpg
40 KB, 570x300
>>68913379
>(USER WAS BANGED WITH THIS POST)
>>
>>68913433
It would be nice for the mods to do this for us, but as they've clearly demonstrated over the years, they refuse to do their jobs on this board.
So the question is, what can we as a community do? Surely there has to be a solution, it is after all, the community that is the problem.
>>
>>68913514
Actresses.
>>
>>68913391

Perhaps it did not gain traction because it is boring shite.
>>
>>68913391
it's not because your threads have been overtaken by capeshit/memes/star wars or whatever. It's because /tv/'s user base has dramatically changed. It's basically meme central flooded with normies and casuals who are not what you call 'cinephiles'. If people knew shit or wanted to discuss about non-mainstream films, they would be doing so.

I know it's been said before, buf if you want discussion, actually go to reddit.
>>
>>68913590
ok buddy
>>
>>68913611
so then what are you still doing on this board? you dont sound like a normie to me.
that's right there are still cinephiles here, holdovers from the old days of /tv/.
we're still here and we can still take our board back.
>go to reddit for discussion
kek
>>
File: Eyes-Wide-Shut-311.jpg (178 KB, 1275x719) Image search: [Google]
Eyes-Wide-Shut-311.jpg
178 KB, 1275x719
im game OP
>>
>>68913740
i need ideas man
>>
>>68913379
australian pedo spotted
>>
File: this was a mistake.jpg (50 KB, 557x378) Image search: [Google]
this was a mistake.jpg
50 KB, 557x378
>Even administrator Hiroyuki Nishimura wasn't safe from /tv/'s twisted vision.

>"One time I yerl 'cut' and they turn to me and say 'What if someone stood up in the middle of the board and yelled cut? Maybe the janitors online would forget their trained routine of volunteering' My rice bowl hit the fraw and never reary came back up. That's when I thought, are they getting into character, or have they been character awl arong?"

>"Sometimes I would go to watch their board and I'd notice they leave thing in the catalog. It was stuff rike 'What if memes were like movies? Would we be the director?' and 'Lights. Camera. Masterpiece.' I had to ask them to stop because I was getting too scared to continue."
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 285x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 285x215
>>68913214
*BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING* *BOING*
>>
>>68913617

I'm serious though. There are about 4 people here who are interested in discussing Tokyo Story because it does not interest them. So what value is there in having an Ozu thread? So you can have no discussion. If you are wanting 'real discussion' 4chan is not the place for it.

That said here's an idea for you, start a thread daily or whenever you can, stick a trip on the OP and you can pick a film, director, subject or whatever to discuss (you could say, pick your favourite film for each year and work your way through to the present day talking about why that film is important or give some starting discussion points). The trip will allow identification of this 'real discussion' thread and you and all your friends can keep it bumped. It's not much but it would be an example to the rest of the board.
>>
Daily reminder that the anti-4chan crowd WANT you to shitpost as much as possible in the approved fashion.
>>
We need to establish a mandatory requirement for viewing.

Like a movie list that all people have to watch before they post, people are less likely to post capeshit and sheevmemes once they've seen some Tarkovsky and Ozu films
>>
>>68913980
>advocating tripfaging
That will never work, people have a knee jerk reaction to any trip even if they like the topic

The point of /film/ should be a meme free slow board where threads on movies like Tokyo Story can stay up longer and let discussion grow. I'm sure there's a lot of serious movie fans on 4chan that don't even try to come here for good discussions like you said, but might browse /film/ if it's even a modicum less shitty. I don't see any harm in giving it a trial run if it's moderated to prevent intentional shitposters from ruining it
>>
File: 1461921641974.jpg (2 MB, 974x4247) Image search: [Google]
1461921641974.jpg
2 MB, 974x4247
>>68913980
I propose we set up a 'Film Club' and watch one of these movies every week until everyone has been enlightened about films.
>>
>>68914169
You can't be the oldfag you claim to be then, the mods even had stickies threads once and they burned out because of lack of interest and shitposters angry about stickies
>>
>>68914169

To be honest people shouldn't be posting on a fucking film board if they haven't seen every single one of those.
>>
Change the moderation team and have people who actually care about the board and quality discussion instead of memers who've destroyed this board over the last few years and couldn't give a shit about real discussion.
The mod who's deleting threads right now for starters is literally fucking retarded going on a deletion binge. I reported two completely on-topic threads to see if he's paying attention at all and he deleted them within 2 minutes.
>>
Why did you delete that BvS thread?
>>
>>68914120

A trip (no name) would provoke such a negative reaction? It would also allow for easy archive searching if you happen to miss the day everyone was discussing Haneke.

Television is pretty much the lowest common denominator, it's the one thing that nearly everyone does in one form or another. If you have a board called /tv/ it has to expected it will attract, well everyone. I'm all for /film/ or something similar but until that happens you are not going to get what you want from here.
>>
>>68914120
>moderated
By who? The same people who moderate and janitor on /tv/?
>>
>>68914394
I used to be able to have decent casual discussions here from time to time, or just standard 4chan shit flinging fights. Either way this board got me into movies 6 years ago. I don't see any reason for new users to be encouraged to dig into movies from this board today. The demographics have clearly shifted over the years.

I never expected great discussions here, but even casual talk on anything made outside a year ago or a huge named classic seems to be too much to ask for these days
>>
>>68914394
That sounds a lot like a regular old forum.
>>
File: 1461742132707.png (2 MB, 1000x2500) Image search: [Google]
1461742132707.png
2 MB, 1000x2500
>>68914169
>this fucking /v/ chart again
watch more film little embryo
>>
File: 1445821216383.jpg (3 KB, 93x117) Image search: [Google]
1445821216383.jpg
3 KB, 93x117
>>68914620
Guarantee if we stickied this to the top of /film/ we would have no problems.
This would send a clear and outright message to normies: you're not welcome here.
>>
Enter every blockbuster thread, sage it with the reply >>>/b/lockbuster
:^)
>>
Remember when we had /Cinema/ threads a few years ago and started the /tv/ Film Club, and watched kinos every week together?

Yeah it didn't work, because while everyone had an "interest" to see old films, eventually 4chan culture kicked in and everyone started spouting BORING, SHIT, OLD, THIS IS DUMB, BOOO, and the film club died in 3-4 weeks.

You can't have /film/ with the type of people on this website.

This a free speech forum, a place to shit post, get whatever you want off your chest, its not a place for intellectual discussions.
>>
>>68914909
/mu/ has discussions about music
/lit/ has discussions about literature
/v/ has discussions about vidya
the old "buhh its 4chan, no discussion here" argument doesnt work.
>>
>>68914620
lel no thanks
>>
>>68914766
thank you /mischief/, doing this.
>>
>bump
>>
/capeshit/ is the only answer
>>
File: ShitpostCat.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
ShitpostCat.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>68913214
Have at it, but next time some shitlords get sandy punanis and shut down a legitimate self-contained discussion on a cape film, pic related.

It's asinine on both the user base's behalf as well as the janitorial staff's that people can't enjoy polite, respectful discourse on anything THAT. IS, A. MOVIE. without threat of it being reported by someone who can't be bothered to hide a thread.
>>
>>68915358
>>>/b/lockbuster
>>
>>68915452
Unacceptable. Do /mu/'s frequenters have separate boards where they discuss pop, jazz, and classical?
>>
It's simple, tell capeshiters to go to /co/.
>>
>>68915358
This is a film board.
>>
>>68915591
Then I have an excellent idea - why don't you go discuss something that meets your own internalized, highly subjective criteria of the elements that constitute a "film?"
>>
>>68915661
back to /b/
>>
>>68915702
I have never browsed /b/ - too lowbrow for my tastes. So tell me, anon, what is it that you consider a "film?"
>>
>>68915759
Celine And Julie Go Boating
>>
File: 1456175066220.jpg (349 KB, 600x931) Image search: [Google]
1456175066220.jpg
349 KB, 600x931
>>68915506
>classical music and jazz is comparable to capeshit
>>
>>68915811
Not a terrible movie by any means. Why don't you start a thread about it?
>>
>>68913214
>operation failed
>>
>>68915915
Because it would die in minutes
>>
>>68915907
Conveniently, you ignore pop. Do try to maintain at least a facade of intellectual integrity.
>>
>>68913214
So what do you mean by real film discussion I wonder? Rating Tarkovsky movies?
Most of you "cinemphiles" do the exact same shit capeshitters do just with better films.
>>
>>68915949
thats cause nobody even likes pop music or discussing it in the first place. do tell how capeshit is somehow important enough to warrant a discussion when every movie is the same
>>
>>68915975
and the problem is...?
>>
>>68913214
Make fucking threads about movies. What's so goddamn hard about this?

Do movie watch threads where you go shot by shot and people shitpost or comment as the people dump stills and webms in order.
>>
>>68915948
/tv/ isn't that fast lmao
>>
>>68915975
Precisely this. Just because I have eaten and enjoyed pork rinds doesn't mean I don't appreciate the taste of foie gras. They're both still food.

I limit my discussion to generally one thread at a time, I contribute to a dialogue, and I try to comport myself in a respectful manner, yet by simple virtue of an imaginary line drawn between art and entertainment, I am unwelcome in your midst.

Simply amazing.
>>
Sorry OP, I use my private torrent forums to discuss films and I use /tv/ to shitpost. It's already so full of /pol/lutants and other shitposters so there's no guilt.
>>
>>68915999
They're still fucking movies and it's still a circlejerk.
>>
>>68915991
I think the real problem isn't the people who legitimately want to discuss them(or really any) film. It's the hordes of kiddies that come here to troll. Report obvious bait and there's not an issue.

I'd even recommend some criteria for determining said bait. Does the initial poster use any of the following terms:

"BTFO"
"Can x even compete?"
"Cucks"

Simple.
>>
>>68915991
Go look at /mu/ right now. I count no less than a dozen threads that are blatantly pop.
>>
>>68913214
get the fuck out of 4chan if you want to talk about movies so much
>>
>>68916320
i dont use /mu/. only faggots and girls like pop tho, there lies the problem
>>
>>68916439
So you take my point, then?
>>
>>68916383
t. r/4chan
>>
>>68916108
Yes, but, to follow your analogy, you're just eating pork every single day, until you get tired of eating the same thing every day.

Not OP, but don't talk in absolutes; a board in which we can discuss arthouse films, indieshit, capeshit, and so on and so forth is what I really want. The problem is that /tv/ is shitpost-central in many ways and there's a serious lack of a diversity, which is ironic, as cinema is quite diverse.
>>
>>68913214
Why would anyone want real film discussion here?
>I don't understand what happened in this part of the film. Did X do Y or was it Z doing W? I was leaning towards Z doing W because of R but according to the commentary S happened.
>Look at this pleb.
>Go back to your capeshit threads and leave the kino to true patricians.
>This is not a film for you.
>Don't mind me, good sir, just frogposting.
>We can talk about this on reddit.
>Honestly, this movie would be better if it had little girls in it.
>I have a good explanation but I just cucked my wife's son.
>It was a big film, for you.
>Pretentious shit for """""""connoisseurs"""""""
>I don't know. I didn't watch it.
>>
>>68915702
>>68915876
Please do refrain from trolling. If you want to discuss films, by all means do so, but intruding into other discussions for no other purpose than to inflame ire is a childish and petty thing to do.
>>
Talk about movies
>>68916757
>>
File: BLar KEK.jpg (50 KB, 580x580) Image search: [Google]
BLar KEK.jpg
50 KB, 580x580
>>68916726
pretty much
>>
>>68916726
That's the thinking process of a born failure.
>>
>>68914909
>>68914169
I'm down for trying to start up a movie club again. I have nothing to look forward to and I post on here constantly anyway.
>>
>>68916694
I agree, and I want the same thing, >>68916235
is a follow-up of mine.
>>
>>68914909
>>68917339
>film club
>on a board to discuss films
lmao
>>
>>68917555
What, you don't want sick matching jackets?

Seriously though I like the idea of "meeting up" once or twice a week and discussing a film we all agreed to watch.
>>
>>68913611
/thread
>>
just ban capeshit
>>
If only these superhero fags would shove all their movies into one general thread this place would probably be pretty kino.
>>
>>68917711
No, it wouldn't. People would still complain about popular TV show viewers.
>>
>>68917607
sounds like reddit to me
>>
>>68913379
I missed this.
>>
>>68917728
it's a television & film board, we're just gonna have to share.

but having general threads would make the place a lot nicer
>>
>>68917778
General threads are bad for boards. They isolate the userbase, not improve it. The people in generals will still make shitty meme threads that will push any serious discussion threads off the bottom.
>>
>>68913214
>Perhaps if us cinephiles can band together at the right times, we can flood the board with real film discussion. What do you think /tv/? Can it be done? Can we take our board back?
The problem with your idea is that thoughtful intelligent posts takes time. Baneposting takes a second, for you.
The solution to the problem has already been proposed: A /cape/ board (not a /film/ or /kino/ board). Containment could then happen with posts like: FUCK OFF BACK TO /CAPE/ FAGGOT. This also means /tv/ will not need to be heavily moderated. Why, because posters themselves will send spammers back to their containment facility.
>>
>>68917951
/cape/ would only cover part of the problem. People are still going to complain about GoT and other popular shit ruining the board.
>>
>>68917702
I say ban tryhard teenagers and the Tarkovsky meme.
>>
>>68918004
1. /cape/
/tv/ permathreads
2. GoT
3. Bane news/update thread
4. JUST news
>>
>>68918004
>People are still going to complain
That's all you need to fucking say. Fuck this rules shit let the pieces fall where they may.
>>
WEBMS WITH SOUND

HIGHER REPLY LIMIT
>>
been watching a lot of ralph bakshi lately is their any other adult animation films like his?
>>
>>68913214
If /tg/ can have /qst/ then I don't see why we can't have /celeb/
>>
>>68918007
do you really think you're above them?
>>
Performing an upwards split from a position of weakness is utter folly.
>>
>>68918373
Above them? idk. I'm passed that phase I guess. Everyone that wants to project how fucking smart and "patrician" they are always jump to fucking Tarkovsky because it's just obscure enough that "normies" don't give a shit.

He's a meme director now. He's been ruined by /tv/ hipsterfags.

Really, I'd also ban all the fucking Kino/Flick/Movie/Film autism. They're all the same fucking thing. If you want to differentiate in how you talk, go for it, but the fucking retarded chidrens on this board that fucking argue about the semantic differences and try to correct others should be impaled by a log. It's the most embarrassing, cringeworthy shit. I imagine these autists trying to talk like that IRL. I imagine these autists trying to talk like that on an actual production and recoil. I'd prefer that people on this board make an effort to talk like production professionals instead of angsty high schoolers parroting stupid critics with their fucking self-important meme speak tbphwy
>>
>>68918330
/tg/ isn't known as the pedo board.
>>
Or fuck it. Take a page out of Reddit and be able to tag threads as [Serious]. This would depend so much on the mods.

But if would work, maybe Hiro wouldn't be so scared to make a /film/ board.
>>
>>68921107
Terrible idea. Stay there.
>>
File: 139837033058.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
139837033058.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
BANE?
>>
>>68913214
No.

Because it takes far more effort to have a real discussion than spam shit like bane and captain America.

Answer this, how many times can a shitposter spam "BANE?" Before you type up a thought out post?
>>
>>68913358
That's because right before aus time it's NZtime, who are the non autistic version of Australia.
>>
>>68918330
The shit we suffer one here is nothing compared to quest threads shitting up /tg/. You have no idea how bad it was.
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.