[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Awful movie experiences
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: cinema-talking.jpg (73 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
cinema-talking.jpg
73 KB, 625x417
It seems every time I go these days I'm surrounded by clowns. People who can't go 5 minutes without looking at their phones. People who are constantly talking because they can't follow the plot of a comic book movie.

It feels like it's getting worse too. What happened to manners and respect?

Anyone got any stories?
>>
thats why I rarely go to the movie theater now. I find it worth it to just wait to watch it at home unless it's like BvS or some shit then I don't really care.
>>
File: 1459718833559.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1459718833559.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
>>68910708
I CA:CW the other day, and this chick and her friends brought fucking packets smiths chips in. It was annoying as hell because she was gobbling on that shit hard while trying to whisper to her friends why spiderman isn't in the movie yet.

I fucking hate going to the movies in ghetto suburbs. Only place that was showing it early here in aus
>>
It happens to me every third or fourth time I go.

I try to land on a weeknight at the latest showing to avoid the crowds, but even then you get the odd group that has nothing to do and decides to get drunk and go to the movies, or assholes who take an empty theater to mean that they own it.
>>
>>68910865
That's another thing. Why do people always open their chip packets during the quietest moment possible? It's like they HAVE to wait until the audio is completely silent so they can let everyone know about how much of a slob they are.
>>
>>68910708
The only time I had an issue at a movie was when a black chick brought all six of her kids into the theater with her and her mom.

She left the kids with her mom and got a shit ton of fast food and then came back in ten minutes into the shit to feed all of her little shithead spawn.

I'm not even joking, either.
>>
>Not going in for the matinee
>cheaper tickets
>only old people and people like you
You're just asking for it
>>
>>68911175
Im my experience it makes no difference. I've been everywhere at different times and different prices, I still somehow end up surrounded by clowns.
>>
>>68910708
Never had a problem when i went on weekdays, used to go on wednesday afternoon with a friend back in high school to watch comedy trash and cape shit. We had all the movie theater for ourselves.
Went to watch Apocalypto with a few friends for a friend's birthday and it was awful, full of faggots yelling shit at the screen, never went to watch anything on a weekend again.
>>
>>68910708
>went to see BvS with some friends
>a few of us had seen it already, others hadn't
>behind us are two kids probably 8 and 10 years old with their dad
>they are talking from the first minute
>"oh that's Bruce Wayne" "oh no his mom!" etc.
>not whispering, talking at normal volume
>getting annoyed
>about halfway through I turn around and say to the dad "please can you guys be quiet?"
>he gives me dirty look and says nothing to his brats
>they stop talking for about 5 minutes but then talk for the rest of the movie
>I didn't want to be more disruptive by making a scene, and the theater was pretty full, so nowhere else to move
What else can you really do?
Also, stop taking little kids to PG-13 or R movies, especially if they don't know how to act in public
>>
>>68911256
Really?
I've never met with more than 5 people at a screen early bird
Sucks for you
>>
>>68910708
>first time in a theater
>took nephew to see deadpool for his bday
>ate a bunch of klonopins percs and smoked a blunt beforehand
>comfy reclining seats
>stayed awake for first 10 mins

7/10 experience desu
>>
>>68911175
Every matinee I go to there's a guy in his 40s who puts on a really loud, fake sounding laugh at the slightest hint of humor.
>>
Saw The Jungle Book a few days ago and the sound in the theater was turned way down. You really had to focus to hear anything until someone got up and asked them to fix it.
>>
Any movie I see in 3D
>>
Is talking and people using their phones a common thing in America?

I'm from the UK and I've never had a movie ruined in the cinema by other people.
>>
>>68912025
I'm in Australia and it's a thing here. It never used to be this bad.
>>
>>68912025
I've almost stopped going to theaters because it's so common. It's really aggravating.
>>
>>68910708
i got broken up with during Jumper
>>
>>68911510
>watching a child
>gets inconceivably fucked up
>then presumably drives the kid to a strange place before passing out

you're probably not going to get far in life
>>
File: 1434179959577.jpg (105 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1434179959577.jpg
105 KB, 350x350
>>68911175

Dude old people are just as bad as blacks now. Especially if you go to a smaller theater to see indie movies. They aren't screaming and apeing out but they are talking throughout the entire movie in my experience.
>>
I only go to the fancy theater with reserved seating. People who pay for that are way less likely to be obnoxious shits
>>
>>68912137
you bringing her to Jumper kind of warranted the dumping
>>
>>68911671
Holy shit you know that guy too?
>>
>>68912223
Was about to post this
>>
>>68910708

>go to the cinema
>get my phone out to scan my digital ticket
>it's TFA movie
>movie is complete shit of course
>realise it instantly
>look around and see one guy squatting over his seat
>he's taking a massive shit and I can hear him grunting
>see the silhouettes of his soft, moldable turds falling out of his ass and onto the seat
>the smell hits me a few seconds after
>start gagging uncontrollably
>throw up
>>
File: 1419910890715.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1419910890715.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>Be between ages of 17-20
>Dragged to Fast Five by retarded high friends
>Get stuck under a light that wont go off
>I'm bitching and moaning the whole time
>Fast Five has literally 20% of Driving in it
>I constantly yell when Vin Disel changes his tank tops from black to white
>Scream out at one point when The Rock and Vinny are starring at eachother "WHEN ARE THEY GONNA FUCK ALREADY?"
>Get laughs from strangers
>Glares from friends
>Leave
>Friends follow cause I had the weed
>Mfw it was only 11pm when we got out
>>
>>68912296
He was just acting out the movie
>>
NEVER
GO
DURING
PRIME
TIME

You want a good experience you go before the kids and retards get off school or work.
>>
>>68912223
>>68912263
I was 15 and didn't know any better.

Jokes on her she's raising some nigger's kid alone now and I am laffin
>>
>go to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2
>show up early enough to get great seats
>theater is quiet, which is a surprise given that it's in the nigger part of town
>halfway through the previews, some 18 year old babysitter walks in with at least 10 kids under the age of 8 surrounding her
>they pick our row
>kids running up and down the rows, climbing up and over chairs, shrieking, talking and arguing loudly amongst themselves
>babysitter doesn't do a single thing
>multiple people ask her to get them under control but she just ignores them
>several people leave and complain
>almost an hour into the movie security finally shows up and kicks them out

it wasn't even a good movie either, the only good part is everyone was issued refunds after it was over
>>
>>68912296
I think I'll post this to /r/4chan. I'm sure it will garner many upboats. Thanks friend.
>>
>>68911671
>>68912260
Maybe he's self conscious about his laugh.
>>
>wait all week for singles-tolerated night at my local cinema
>denied entry for failing the penis inspection

Four times, this has happened to me.
>>
If you can't go outside of prime time showtimes at least bring a New Yorker or two. My Dad's from New York and whenever I see a movie with him he's always telling off some whispering cunt. Works like a charm.
>>
>>68910708
I went to see Dumb and Dumber To
Had to sit in the 1st row it was so full
The whole movie some kid with sat next to me with his dad, he clearly had something
He turned to me after every joke to either explain the joke or ask me why I didn't laugh
His dad was huge and I was scared to tell him to fuck off
>>
>>68912461
>he doesn't put $20 under his penis to bribe the inspector
I mean it is 20 fucking 16
>>
>>68912559
My allowance isn't sufficient for bribery. As well, my cinema employs masturbatory risk-sniffing canines who, as I entered, went quite mad.
>>
>>68910708

>movie night
>going alone
>all prepared for a nice movie night
>got my piss bottle
>got comfy sweatbands so my wrist joints don't get sore
>got my coat with inside pockets full of food because fuck paying for movie theatre food
>massaged anti-lice gel into my hair to make sure I can rest my head on the seats without worrying about contracting headlice
>arrive at the cinema
>get searched by cinema security and robbed of all my food
>they take my piss bottle as well even though it was empty
>buy some nachos with cheese because not snacking during a movie is a sin
>can't enjoy the movie halfway through because I have to piss
>no scheduled 10 minute break
>nearly piss myself
>piss all over the seat as soon as the movie is over
>>
Worst/Best
>drunk moron talking loudly make stupid quips throughout the movie
>tell him to shut up
>keeps loudly cracking open more beers
>more lame dudebro quips
>go tell security
>they tell him to shut up, but don't throw him out
>movie ends and he tries starting shit with us
>friend's wife swoops in, lands a perfect slap across his face
>the sound of it is so loud you can hear it over the credits music
>everyone applauds
>get free tickets
>see the guy getting patted down and arrested by the police waiting outside for him
>>
>>68910863

This.
I didn't buy a 60" TV and surround sound so I could be annoyed by shitheads. There are no movies that can't wait.
>>
>>68912367

what *ahem* ethnic persuasion were the baby sitter and the children?
>>
Its threads like these that give me that sense of comfort that I'm not the only one who experiences this.
I can remember seeing Jedi years back and this one child would constantly scream whenever a Ewok showed up on screen.
More recent years though, Walk among the tombstones was a painful experience, one guy and his girlfriend shouting throughout the whole film about how shocked they were at everything, with him narrating so his moron of a girlfriend could follow the plot.
Another case was when I went to see insidious, gets a 16+ age rating over here, cinema is full of 13 year old girls and 11 year old boys whole can't handle a horror movie.
I remember during green lantern a bunch of kids kept asking each other constantly if Ryan Reynolds was homosexual.
Carol was another bad experience were a bunch of old people pretty much chatted randomly among themselves.
Some lunatic old woman wandered in late to the artist and chucked coke on me then left saying she'd gone to the wrong screening.
Late evenings in the suburbs are the worst times to go at .
Its the couples and old people and kids who are the worst offenders.
The annoying thing is that its not only the audiences that screw you over, I had to quit going to two of the nearby cinemas because the fucking screens don't even function properly.
>>
>>68915648
Continued, never ever see a horror film in theaters.
I can recall near the end of the babadook some guy started laughing his ass off when the dog died.
>>
honestly this country is fucked. people are the worst. everytime i go to the movies people are texting every minute, talking on their phones, talking loudly to their friends. it's fucking bullshit.

blacks are always the most obnoxious too. sorry but it's true.
>>
>>68915804
What bothers me so much is that the cinema staff actually don't give a shit, I don't know exactly how it goes in America but Ireland is fucked in that regard, age ratings are never enforced, no-one who makes a fuss gets thrown out.
>>
yeah, they honestly don't care. the absolute most they'll do is come into the theater and maybe shoot the person the evil eye for a minute but then as soon as they leave the person will start doing exactly what they were doing before.

sometimes when the screening i'm at is unbearable to do other people being inconsiderate/obnoxious i'll just go to customer service and ask for a refund because i know they won't do anything about it.
>>
File: 1458721824807.jpg (186 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1458721824807.jpg
186 KB, 500x376
>always go during weekdays while school is on
>always wait around 1 or 2 weeks if the movie i want to see is popular
>never had more than 5 people at a screening, even at star wars and capeshit
>everyone is quiet and spread out so it still feels like you have the cinema to yourself
>tickets cost less because it's off peak times
>>
File: 1447277267859.jpg (24 KB, 189x165) Image search: [Google]
1447277267859.jpg
24 KB, 189x165
>watching The Force Awakens on opening night
>couple with a baby put a fucking tablet with cartoons facing my direction
>few seats away but the light is still distracting

Also people with their cellphone flashlights looking for a seat after the movie has begun
>>
>>68916228
oh wait, the thread is about awful movie experiences. I once had a bunch of edgy teen kids sit behind me and throw popcorn around and laugh during every bit of dialog
>>
>Go to the cinema in Japan multiple times
>Utter silence as soon as the comercials start
>1 person sneezes twice during civil war and laughs out loud at a joke
Fucking capeshitters
>>
>>68916228
yeah, I think the last time I watched a movie on opening weekend during the evening was more than 10 years ago.
I haven't had bad cinema experiences that I can remember.
>>
>>68915944
Its weird how its enforced here, I live in a smaller town and age ratings are strictly enforced kids under sixteen cant even get after 900 or so to any movie. When I lived in a big city no one gave a shit and it was an open door policy
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.