[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 595x325) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 595x325
What are your thoughts on this show?
>>
what doth life
>>
The creators of this show have more issues than a magazine stand.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 256x192
HESH WANTS SOME SEX
>>
>>68909778
The best animated show of all time

Looking to do a Don Quixote comparison piece to this, anybody have any information?
>>
fever dream/10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
>>
great on acid
>>
I never would've thought that the only thing wrong with puns is that they weren't tortured enough, and weren't being delivered fast enough.

when adult swim first aired X:RA episodes, each new episode should have been shown four times in a row. I know I eventually watched each episode at least two dozen times to figure out all the jokes, but it took a handful of watches just to comprehend what happened.
>>
Are there any other adult swim shows similar to this, in terms of humour/absurdism/atypical animation? I've only really seen this and Wonder Showzen.
>>
>>68911170
12 Oz. Mouse is the closest thing I can think of in terms of absurdity, but it's less punny, and is more similar to Home Movies in its humour.
>>
>>68909778
I have weird opinions about it.

I was at an after party type situation in college once where a bunch of people were chilling in my apartment drunk as fuck. We started passing the bong around and someone put it on. It was really funny but as everybody started getting stoned the room became weirdly silent as everyone just sort of sat and absorbed what was happening, with the occasional chuckle here and there.

Then, the girl that was there passed out and one of my roommates took her into his room and fucked her while she was unconscious. Hesitant to say raped because I don't want to admit that my friend would do that but that's basically what happened. Nobody really knew what to do so we just sort of kept watching the show.

Sorry for the blog post but I have never been able to disconnect that event from this show and it never comes up so I've never really expressed this. The show is really good tho tbqh famalam
>>
>>68911237

oh shit
>>
>>68911237
TASTE THE RAPE
T-T-TASTE THE RAPE
>>
>>68911237
Bane?
>>
I love this show

>I'm a survivor. We're a dying breed.

>In the name of the father, the son and the hooooolly shiiiiiiiit

>Pretty ingenious, kid. Looks like your brain's doing all the legwork around here

>They say when you die, you shit your pants; but not me. I'm gonna shit my heart.

>SUCCOTASH SUCCOTASH CALL US UP WIN SOME CASH
>>
PEEEEE EFFFFF AAAAARRRR
>>
>>68911782
>If you so much as think about touching that kid, I'll so much as think about doing something about it
>>
In order to be self consumed, sometimes one must consume one's self
>>
>>68888888
>>
File: 1408258009971.jpg (114 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1408258009971.jpg
114 KB, 495x495
>Xavier, I've analysed the brain juice. The thoughts, they're coming from within your head!
>GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD!
>GET OUT OF YOUR HEAD!
>HEAD HEAD HEAD HEAD HEAD
>>
>>68911876
>I came in for nuttin and I got nuthin...like I never came
>>
>PEOPLE OF- What's this town called again?
>Lotion, New Mexico
>PEOPLE OF EARTH!
>>
File: A Gentlemen's Duel_snapshot.jpg (127 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
A Gentlemen's Duel_snapshot.jpg
127 KB, 640x368
>>68911095
>The best animated show of all time

you haven't seen a lot of animation, have you?

saw the pilot on a previews dvd. it had no humor at all. dropped.
>>
>>68912340
excuse me... little bitch? You have no taste, you have no selfrespect, you have no vision. Your trash little buddy, and you definitly don't pull.

RA is the moast heady, ingenious piece of animation known to man. RA illustrates one of the key advantages of animation; doing what can't be done IN THE FLESH.

Pair that with a winning script...
Just wow.
>>
YOU NAP-UH, YOU GET SLAP-UH
>>
File: room237-door.jpg (80 KB, 640x290) Image search: [Google]
room237-door.jpg
80 KB, 640x290
>>68911237
checked
>>
It's like being on DMT without actually ingesting DMT! Great show.
>>
>>68909778
The fuck is this shit?
>>
>>68911237
Traumatic experiences do get linked closely to certain events, hell even smells or sounds do the same thing. You might not be affected by it but it probably fucked you up at least a little bit. hope the chick was ok, and that your friend isnt in any hot water. How did things turn out?
>>
>>68909778
there was an episode where he ate a bunch of babies with his snake hand. was high on mustshrooms, freaked me the fuck out, and never saw another episode.
>>
>pulls out a crayon
>"Flesh coloured? How offensive!"
>Pulls out a black crayon
>"ooh shiftless, this ought to get you back on track!"
>>
>>68912793
Definitely stayed with me for the rest of that semester, but i went abroad the next one and when I got back I ran with a different crowd. i was more or less fine. It's sort of anticlimactic, but nothing really came from it. Last I heard, the girl had dropped out due to a combination of things, but that night certainly played a role. As for my friend, it got out that he did what he did, but the girl never really spoke up about it so it was treated as a sort of rumor and he never got into any trouble, official or otherwise. I'm not a huge sjw or anything, but I think anyone would agree that it is super fucked up and really sad that this sort of thing is commonplace.
>>
>>68913373

Absolutely. Your former friend should be liquidated, fwiw
>>
File: homemovies.gif (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
homemovies.gif
60 KB, 800x600
>Guy drinks straight AIDS and dies
>"He made a horrible lifestyle decision"

GOAT show, tied only with pic related.
>>
>>68913419
>>
File: mood.gif (353 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mood.gif
353 KB, 200x200
>>68912793
I know what you mean

one time I ate too many Oreos and as I was puking them up, the theme song for Three's company was playing on the TV in the background

that song is ruined for me
>>
File: 1460887743363.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1460887743363.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>68911046
>>
File: CharlieWhat!.png (1 MB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
CharlieWhat!.png
1 MB, 513x1117
>>68912340
Baittus Maximus
>>
>>68911095
This, it's the best ever.

>>68912340
Retard
>>
>>68909778
Had plenty of gut busting gags, but in all honesty the animation is eye vomit. At least with wondershozen the creators could make jokes and not rape the eyes, this show felt like eye rape
>>
>>68911782
>SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS!!!!
>>
>>68914713
it looks fine bitch
>>
I love the wordplay. Every monologue is like candy.
>>
>>68913925
Oh man one time at a party this girl puked on the table while we were all singing Hooked On A Feeling. And as she puked we all stared at her and continued to sing it the whole way through. Totally ruined the song for her too.
>>
>>68911237
Was his name Sean?
>>
>>68914849
No his name was Matt

>>68913419
funny story he's actually being charged right now for fucking a bunch of teenagers in his hometown over a period of 5 years. So I guess justice is served?
>>
>>68913482
I abhor Home Movies but love Renegade Angel. Explain that.

Hard mode: No insulting my taste.
>>
>>68915286
you could have done something about it, desu
>>
>>68914713
Wasn't the show made entirely in second life?
>>
>>68914713
The fucked up animation is part of its charm.
>>
Why did the show only run two seasons?
>>
So good, it's one of the few DVD's I own.
>>
>>68916745
people didn't get it
>>
>>68909778
I loved how horrible it was. Was a good background show for vanilla WoW.
>>
>>68911103
christ its like the creators of those terrible tf2 meme animations grew up past le whacky randumb face after they watched a jim carey comedy and decided to make their own parody with their new found powers
>>
>>68914713
I believe the bad CGI was intentional.
>>68916745
>>68917228
PFFR tends to not make their shows last more than 2 or 3 seasons. My best guess is they don't want things to get too stale, and would rather focus on other projects.
>>
First season is a masterpiece, second is absolute garbage.
>>
One of the few things in the world of mainstream comedy that was actually funny. Need more shit to watch like this. Recs?
>>
>>68916604
Holy shit, is this true?
>>
File: watching washing.jpg (32 KB, 720x360) Image search: [Google]
watching washing.jpg
32 KB, 720x360
ooh, frittata
>>
>>68918582
Yeah and jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
>>
>>68918816
When life gives you beams, steel them with fire.
>>
>>68909778
The dialogue is modern Shakespeare - Extremely clever, dense, and rapid-fire wordplay.
>>
>>68918877
There's a reason they don't make it like shakespeare anymore anon It sucks
>>
SELF
>>
>>68911237
thats pretty fucked up, sorry to hear that friend
>>
>>68915286
sometimes these things have a way of working themselves out. I'd say getting jail time for fucking a bunch of high schoolers is about as much karmic justice as one could expect
>>
>>68914713
>>68916604

I read this on /tv/ I'm pretty sure so I don't know how true it is, but I'm fairly certain whatever company they hired to animate the show was told the show was videogame cutscenes or something to avoid taxes or a pricehike.

That being said I think they did a great job conveying what exactly was going on for such strange premises.
>>
>>68915286
lol wtf
why are u hanging out with serial rapists
why didn't any of u come forward
bunch of fags
>>
The only good wacky and zany show on Adult Swim.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.