[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The masses don't want a deep and philosophical superhero
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: batman-vs-superman-review-pic.jpg (151 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman-review-pic.jpg
151 KB, 720x480
The masses don't want a deep and philosophical superhero film. They want something lighthearted, kid-friendly, devoid of any real conflict. That's how they're conditioned to see superheroes. BvS was panned by critics because they weren't ready for a cape movie with mature storytelling. They wanted quips and explosions.
>>
>>68907808
Yet still rated PG-13
>we just don't want to see a post about it every minute.
>>
>>68907808

I agree to an extent OP. but the film still had a lot of editing issues in the first half.
>>
>PG-13
Watchmen got a 65% and it wasn't quipslsion

The worse part is, there are impressionable children on this site, that don't know you're trolling.
>>
>>68907891
Directors Cut is rated R

>>68907945
DC should fix most editing issues id wager.
>>
File: henry-cavill-trolling-happens.jpg (52 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
henry-cavill-trolling-happens.jpg
52 KB, 1200x630
>It's a "BvS is 2deep4u" meme thread
>>
>>68907999
You know Alien3 and Blade Runner had an excuse for having DIRECTORS CUTS.

If you want to say that masses don't want a deep philosophical superhero film, you must also acknowledge that's not what the director did, or else there shouldn't be a Directors Cut.
>>
>>68907999
You're suppose to do that BEFORE you release the movie. You know, release a full movie. This is the Alien: Colonial Marines of movies.
>>
File: bruce-wayne-ben-affleck.jpg (139 KB, 2000x1332) Image search: [Google]
bruce-wayne-ben-affleck.jpg
139 KB, 2000x1332
>>68907808
maybe its because of ben fucking affleck

look at him, he is fucking smiling. a smiling and happy bruce wayne.. just fuck this shit.
>>
Id rather have a lighthearted childrens film than some fucking mess of a film that embarassingly takes itself too seriously for its own good
>>
>>68908178
MARTHA!
>>
File: image.jpg (881 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
881 KB, 3200x1800
Superman fucking sucks dick
>invincible, nothing really kills him
>no actual conflict other than "oh no I can't get laid!"
Literally no one likes Superhomo.
>>
But The Dark Knight was a mature & thought provoking film, and it's considered the greatest superhero film of all time.

Everytime people complain about this movie's failure they expose themselves as being total plebs.

Just from a narrative standpoint the movie is a total shitfest. Also it's jam-packed with shit to jumpstart a cinematic universe. I mean the movie literally stops so that they can introduce you the members of the Justice League through a fucking email attachment.
>>
>mature storytelling

Say what.
>>
>>68908356
is flash chinese/japanese? also, freaking DC universe with ben affleck in all batman roles.

oh god, I'm fucking done with superhero movies. Fuck Marvel, Fuck DC.. I hope both of them go bankrupt.
>>
The Dark Knight was objectively a better movie and even Batman Begins is better than BvS.

Sorry dipshits.
>>
>>68907808

I tried to explain the christian symbolism of BvS to my classmates. One of the Jocks told me to fuck off and to never speak to him again. This is the General Audience Marvel aims for. Smdh.
>>
>>68908434
> fuck marvel for being charming and fun.

You're actually a cunt.
>>
>>68908289
Hello Snyder
>>
>>68908535
>christian sybmolism
like what? the messiah? thats literally semitic symbolism.
>>
>>68908289
>i've never read a superman comic

no wonder your opinion is crap
>>
>>68908535
> one of the jocks.

implying he would watch marvel. Also underage.
>>
>>68908551
it gets boring. BvS is better storyline than any of the marvel shit, they just failed to execute it with the movie.

the cartoon did it much better than this freaking movie.
>>
>>68908570

Sure, Christianity is a jewish symbolism. Smdh once again, fampai.
>>
>>68908630
And the X-men cartoon beats the shit out of anything made by DC also.
>>
File: 1989-Batman-Movie-Wallpaper-1.jpg (241 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1989-Batman-Movie-Wallpaper-1.jpg
241 KB, 1440x900
>>68907808
>The masses don't want a deep and philosophical superhero film. They want something lighthearted, kid-friendly, devoid of any real conflict. That's how they're conditioned to see superheroes. BvS was panned by critics because they weren't ready for a cape movie with mature storytelling. They wanted quips and explosions.

I've found myself wondering if pop culture has moved full circle, and we're back to the 80's. Is your generation going to start wearing parachute pants and fluorescent t-shirts?

>too deep and dark
I seriously want to know. Are you all binge-watching "Saved by the Bell"? Did the cast of "Glee" fuck up your little brains and now you can't pay attention unless it's corny?
>>
File: 6403.watchmen-dr-manhattan.jpg (35 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
6403.watchmen-dr-manhattan.jpg
35 KB, 500x303
>>68908694
sure it does
>>
>>68908594

Jocks love Marvel. Should you ever get a date, take her to a Marvel movie. One of the Chrises will get her hot and ready, all you gotta do is close the deal ;)
>>
>>68908761
> he legit thinks Marvel isn't fucking king of comic cartoons.

A-Are you some kind of retard?
>>
>>68908836
le edgy teen super heores.. next you'll post deadpool images
>>
>>68908821
Spoken like someone who has never slept with a woman in his life.

> hot and ready for a pity fuck.
ftfy.
>>
>>68908836
DC does better animated movies, but regular cartoons I think it's more or less even
>>
>>68907808
All capeshit is equally terrible, doesn't matter what company makes it. They're the kind of movies you should only like if you enjoyed it as a kid and have fond memories of it, no self-respecting adult should enjoy superhero movies.
>>
Was watching Avengers 2 last night, and almost every 3-4 minutes they compliment one of the Avengers

"I make the rest of the team look cool." - Tony
"Yeah, I'm kind of busy for the party.. but uh.. will Thor be there? :3" - Asian chick referencing Thor
"I'm pretty, but not as pretty as Captain America" - Scarjo

It was light hearted and entertaining but I never felt anything from the characters, felt like watching a kid's movie

At least Batman vs Superman and Man of Steel actually felt like mature films for adults
>>
>>68908946
>everything in x category is bad, look at how mature and enlightened I am
>>
File: 2269130-deadpoolmorphs.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
2269130-deadpoolmorphs.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>68908865
> carnage.
> hero.

Fucking hell you actually are retarded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEoPQ1-GC7I
>>
>>68909013
why is deadpool taking the hugh jackman physique and including skipping leg day
>>
>>68909046
Why are you such an underage retard who wasn't around during the golden age of comic cartoons where Marvel was master of all?
>>
>>68909013
>carnage
idiot, he is holding spiderman in the picture you posted.

>also, implying I dindt like the spiderman cartoons
>>
>>68907808
lame attempt at bait fagop
>>
>>68908992
Well I have yet to see a super hero movie that was legitimately good, so I don't see any reason to not generalize the category.
>>
I'm part of the mass, I don't want any comic book shit. Holy shit, give me another Godfather or something. Make movies for mature and intelligent individuals such as myself tip fedora. fuck you Stan Lee.
>>
>>68908572
No one is talking about the comics
>>
>>68909083
> spiderman getting absolutely rekt on a regular basis in a kid's cartoon show.

Also one of the RARE depictions where Parker isn't a complete pussy, and with decent characterisation too.
>>
>>68908875
can comfirm
>batman year one - pure kino
>>
>>68908867

Hey, if all I can get is a pity fuck, I could'nt have asked for better wingmen than Chris Evans/Hemsworth. Give it a try bro, mah boys haven't failed me yet:)
>>
>>68908356
>jam packed

Do you know how I know you're a marveldrone?
>>
>>68908178
this
>>
>>68907808
I unironically agree with you. But I still enjoy Marvel movies for what they are: easily digestible schlock I can have in the background while browsing the internet (yeah, I'm part of the problem).
>>
>>68909116
Hellboy
The Mask
Barb Wire

To mame a few.
>>
>>68910137
*name.
>>
>>68907808
>mature storytelling
>at the end the good guys stab the big bad monster with a glowing green spear
>>
>>68908951
except Man of Steel was just as bad as Avengers 2

haven't seen BvS, so can't comment
>>
Burton's Batman movies were "mature".
Nolan's Batman movies were "mature".
Sin City was "mature".
Winter Soldier was "mature".
300 was "mature".

Those were all well-received "mature" comic movies.

BvS was just a piece of shit with horrible editing, pacing, writing, and action. It's dead. Bury it.
>>
>>68910317
Man of Steel was a masterpiece compared to Ultron, if only for the first hour or so.
>>
>>68910352
Am I supposed to trust the word of Judas Iscariot?
>>
>>68907808

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/batman_begins/
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

CRITICS HATE DC AND ONLY PRAISE QUIPFESTS
>>
It relied on the audience knowing a lot beforehand. That's the problem. The plot revolves around it.

If you had no knowledge, shit like:
>dream sequences
>the flash coming back
>metahumans
>batman looking at robins costume
>supes being hated

Didn't make sense. And I understand. It didn't cater to those who had no knowledge of the DC universe.

I'm not saying it's smart, philosophical, or intelligent. I'm saying it was made for DC fans, and as a DC fan it didn't disappoint and I'm hype as fuck for Justice League.

I enjoy Marvel films too and can definitely understand people liking it's own tone and atmosphere.

This shit has surpassed console wars in terms of faggotry
>>
>>68907808
In other news! Water! Wet!
>>
>>68908356
i think the email fun probably the only funny part of the whole super serious movie

It's real title
>Superman movie ft. bats & WW
>>
>>68907808

While there are attempts at mature storytelling (some of which are more successful than others), there is also stupid cape shit crammed in whenever possible. There's a big monster they fight, there's quips ("I thought she was with you", "I figured because of the cape", etc.), it really has all the things Marvel films have that DC fans complain about. It just also has dower, depressing mopey-ness in an attempt to be "mature" and "real", which totally clashes with Wonder Woman smirking as she fights the lightning monster at the end. BvS was panned by critics because it's a mess. It tries to do everything at once and as a result has no discernible identity. You can successfully do serious (the Nolan batmans) and you can successfully do light and fun (most Marvel stuff), it's when the filmmaker can't make up his mind what movie he wants to make that you have problems. To be honest, there are some attempts at interesting commentary in the film, there's some interesting stuff in relation to how the real world would react to a real super-powered being, it's just not given room to develop into anything because the movie has 16 different movies going on in it.
>>
>>68910479
I never knew Judas had a last name
>>
>>68908836
>that shot
Literally false advertising. Carnage never gets to use any of his blades in the show due to censorship.
>>
>>68907808
Just home from Civil War, quips asside it had much more believable conflict. Its a shame the conflict didnt get explored more since th film had to deliver on action too but it carried a lot more character and emotion in all the non action scenes than bvs did.

Ironically by trying to be serious all the time bvs draws atention to how cartoony the conflict is and how hard it wants you to feel something. In civil war when quipmasters put their quips down and get genuinely angry at each other it caries a lot more weight.
>>
File: DawnOfKino_2.png (3 MB, 2964x1732) Image search: [Google]
DawnOfKino_2.png
3 MB, 2964x1732
>>68908570
>>
>>68907808
Here are some other things wrong with BvS
>terrible editing
>sloppy cuts
>PUSSY WHIMPY BATMAN
>a fucking dream sequence
>bland script that tries to shove something "intellectual" in it at any given opportunity (HURR DURR THEY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT GOD AND JEBUS SO IT'S DEEP)
>a villain that's in the movie for like 10 minutes
>"Why did you say that name??????"
>and so much more

This movie was a catastrophe. Completely atrocious. Faggot Snyder somehow managed to make a movie with two iconic superheroes and make a lot of people not care about either of them.
>>
>>68907808
>People don't take guys who wear underpants on top of their tights and have god powers seriously

Who knew
>>
>>68907808
>devoid of conflict.
Dude martha.
>they wanted quips and explosions.
Doonsday was a walking explosion. Superman throws batman through buildings.
The editor was quipy mcquip quip, lex quipthor, oh and the butler quipfred.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.