[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
168 KB 168 KB JPG Why do film makers use fixed lenses? Why not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 698x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 698x470
168 KB
168 KB JPG
Why do film makers use fixed lenses? Why not just use 1 lens and zoom in to the focal lenght you want?????

I don't get it.

I know a Telephoto makes everything look fletten in the distance. But Can't you acheive the same if you just zoom in?

Also what's the point of focal lebght if you have to move further away to achieve what you wanted?
>>
>>68907171

editing
>>
autism/tjread
>>
>>68907217
what?
>>
Wuy is it called FOCAL LENGHT?!

Why not just say "Zoom 18mm?
>>
This video pisses me of.

Never in the video does it mention that while you change your lenses, you also have to get the fuck waaaaaaaay away from the object.

https://youtu.be/XXKRvrY3E2k

It doesn't talk about the distamce you have to sexualize in order to make yoir shot work with a FUCKING telephoto
>>
What the fuck is this thread about?
>>
>>68907270
It's the length required for the image to properly converge on a surface (namely your camera's sensor)
>>
nigha
>>
Nobody knows on tv about shit like this
>>
>>68907171
Let me name a few:

Its hard to manufacture a great quality zoom lens. They contain much more elements and its hard to keep a goos image quality throughout the whole range.

Most zoom lenses dont have a low f or T number to achieve shallow depth of field (blurry backgrounds)

Some zoom lenses extend and retract while zooming. That gets in the way when your camera is all rigged up with a matte box.
>>
>>68907171
Point of focal length? You kinda answered your own question. Different focal lengths create different images. Longer length creates a flattened and enlarged background. Wide angle lenses can capture a whole lot more in one frame but the view is distorted at the edges. Just comes down to the right lens for the thing you want to show.
>>
>>68908181
This. A fixed lens will deliver a sharp image and have more aperture range while lighter and less complicated.
>>
>>68908181
this guy gets it
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.