[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this Capekino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: Ant-Man.jpg (85 KB, 485x720) Image search: [Google]
Ant-Man.jpg
85 KB, 485x720
Is this Capekino?
>>
>>68906770
Paul Rudd is a kino king
>>
>>68906770
shut up
>>
>>68906770

It was ass
>>
>>68906803
Make me.
>>
>>68906770
that subatomic scene was trippy
9/10 would rewatch baked
>>
>>68906770
I watched this last night and it was nothing spectacular at all. Comparable to deadpool in its emptiness.
>>
>Avengers HQ
>only falcon is there

what
>>
>>68906770
>>68907066

>Pym Particles don't actually shrink atoms, they just reduce the distance between them
>it makes objects/people super dense by eliminating most of their subatomic empty space
>BUT IF YOU TAKE OFF THE LIMITER IT WILL SHRINK YOU TO SMALLER THAN THE SIZE OF SUBATOMIC PARTICLES

Literally how the fuck did that even work? He should have shrunk down and down until 100% of the empty space was gone and then every atom in his body would have collided and the force pulling them together would have caused a catastrophic nuclear explosion because of the billions of atoms all being compacted into a single space.

"Going subatomic" is literally not possible based on the very method of shrinking they explicitly establish at the start of the movie. Not only that, but Hank's wife's disappearance hinges entirely on this blatant inconsistency.

I liked the movie, but that shit is just lazy and bad.
>>
>>68906770
I loved it and I don't give a fuck what anyone says
>>
File: celery man.gif (842 KB, 1000x1482) Image search: [Google]
celery man.gif
842 KB, 1000x1482
>>68906770
Yes, can't wait for it's inevitable sequel.
>>
>>68906770
Pretty much and he was fucking great in Civil War. Looking forward to the next Ant-Man movie.
>>
>>68907408
>Superhero movies should be 100% realistic except for all of those unrealistic superpowers, aliens, and technology just floating around

I'm so glad I'm not on the spectrum or I wouldn't be able to enjoy capeshit.
>>
>>68907482

I didn't say it should be realistic. I said it should be CONSISTENT WITH ITS OWN RULES.

>It doesn't change the size of atoms!
>It can make you subatomic sized!

These are things put forward in very explicit dialogue and they are 100% directly contradictory.
>>
>>68907482
Well no shit, autism is a serious illness
>>
>>68907408
dude just turn your brain off
>>
>>68907443
kek
>>
>>68907588
>suit is made to shrink without changing the atoms
>turning off some NOT REAL device changes that
What's so hard to understand?
>>
>>68907443

NUDE TAYNE
>>
>>68907696

No, the Pym Particles themselves are said to only change the space between atoms. The limiter exists only to stop the shrinking at a certain point, it doesn't alter how the particles themselves work. Turning off the limiter should make you condense into whatever smallest space all the atoms in your body could occupy simultaneously and then explode from the collision.
>>
>>68906770
no
>>
>>68907783
But what if that isn't true?
>>
>>68907884

Then Hank Pym is wrong about how the shit he personally invented works, because that's how he explains it.
>>
>>68906770
What I didn't like about it was how it some parts it seemed to take itself really seriously. For instance there were several "touching moments" that were just really campy and cringe, and they really didn't need to go that root. I feel like it was shoehorned in to give it "heart", but it honestly killed the movie for me, and it's this reason that I don't understand why people love this movie, but hate other generic family comedies that do the exact same thing.
>>
>>68907408

It's inconsistent because he likely doesn't fully understand how Pym particles work to begin with.
>>
>>68908074

It's okay to admit the movie was inconsistent.
>>
>>68906770
I wouldn't consider it "capekino" but it was one of the most self-aware and fun superhero movies I've seen
>>
>>68907443
http://celeryman.alexmeub.com/
>>
File: Pym Particles.png (459 KB, 1221x702) Image search: [Google]
Pym Particles.png
459 KB, 1221x702
>>68907408
>>
>>68906770
Kinda cheesy and formulaic
>>
>>68907408
If you reach the point were all your empty space is gone, your density is more than enough to undergo neutron degeneration, and by that point the Strong interaction is enough to make you keep shrinking (going through quantum degeneration and becoming, eventually, a micro-blackhole). How he stays alive (despite becoming smaller than any molecule needed for life) and in his own shape (and not deforming into an sphere) you just have to accept.

>>68907482
Stuff has to be consistent though. There's no point in saying "I faster than sound" and then have you dodge laser shots.
>>
>>68906770
No, it's kind of bland. A million times better than anything Snyder ever shat out, though.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.