[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I might be a bit late with this as I've seen shitload
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 720x1080
So I might be a bit late with this as I've seen shitload of threads about it a week or so ago but what did you guys think of it ?
As someone who is a bit religious I thought it was pretty spooky and thought provoking about satan and other supernatural things.

Also the qt protag is now condemned to hell
>>
>As someone who is a bit religious

Retard confirmed
>>
>>68905840
Degenerate nu-male confirmed
>>
>>68905840
Don't make this a stupid debate faggot I just want to talk about the movie.
>>
It's literal Satanist propaganda
>>
>>68905888
You should get mental health treatment for believing a magic sky fairy
>>
>>68905558
I fucking loved it. Absolutely my favorite horror movie in a long time. It was also my first solo movie experience, which was interesting.
>>
I watched it last night.

Enjoyed it but it really didn't need that bit at the end with the coven of witches and crappy wirework

I was impressed to see Ralph Ineson actually having a substantial role in something for once.
Performance wasn't bad for a guy who is literally just a bit-part actor in everything else he's been in.
>>
I want to have babies with thomasin.
>>
>>68905888
So then why did you mention your theological views? I'm also Christian but it doesn't seem necessary.
>>
>>68905910
I really didn't see it as that it showed more that satan will never force you to follow him he will just give you te oppurtinity and help you to get to him.

>>68905944
And you should stop being an insufferable fedora cunt mate.

>>68905948
Yeah you're right about that it would have been better without it.
But the part with sam in the witch's hut was really intense especially after seeing him being such a cute baby.

>>68905996
All I meant is that if you are a bit open to the possibility of such things being real then the movie becomes more powerful.
I'm not saying that I really believe it but it still it adds to the horror of it.
>>
>>68906125
Lol you believe in a 1600's type way of thinking. That's kind of depressing tbqh.
>>
>>68906219
I didn't say I believed it but I would be wary when weird shit starts happening around me :D but that's not important now.
Tell me what you thought about the movie instead.
>>
File: 1460579355122.jpg (51 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1460579355122.jpg
51 KB, 400x505
>>68905558

>tfw there was no literal witch
>the witch was Thomasin's other persona
>she suffers from multiple personality disorder in a time when men and woman feared everything, and the devil was literally around the corner
>the entire farm was riddled with ergot fungus, which causes hallucinations in people who eat it
>evidenced by the rotten corn, and bread they ate on the farm
>tfw the people only died after Thomasin's perceptions were removed, when her witch persona took over
>she killed the baby, left her brother to die, killed the twins, killed her father, and lashed out at her mother
>tfw she sodomized a goat
>tfw there was no witch's coven in the end, it was just her going out into the wilderness and having her insanity take over
>>
That baby mashing was shocking. Also when the boy dies. I wasn't scared but it was definitely disturbing and shocking.

The only movie that has scared me is Inside, french horror
>>
>>68906279
You said you were open to the possibility of a witch using supernatural powers. That's just silly. If weird shit starts happening around you your first thought shouldn't be "Oh no there must be a witch that moved into my neighborhood!"
>>
File: 1460924179157.jpg (104 KB, 768x569) Image search: [Google]
1460924179157.jpg
104 KB, 768x569
>>68906316
>>
>>68906219
>Lol you believe in a 1600's type way of thinking. That's kind of depressing tbqh.
So do you if you believe the earth is round.
>>
>>68906316
That's some dark shit.

>>68906318
Same with me at the baby part I'm not quickly disturbed by movies but that part was fucked up.

>>68906334
I would think of other things before that bit what would you think when weird shit would happen around you ?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.