[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Twin peaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1454438336004.png (1 MB, 1023x762) Image search: [Google]
1454438336004.png
1 MB, 1023x762
so I finally finished Twin Peaks after putting it off forever

a couple things:

Norma best girl

What were the owls supposed to be? Why did Briggs and coop see them in the woods?

Why was ms palmer a vessel for bob? Why could she see him

how was Coop able to visit the lodge the first time and why did time keep stopping to see the giant?
>>
File: twin_peaks_dale_cooper_001.jpg (137 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
twin_peaks_dale_cooper_001.jpg
137 KB, 500x374
>What were the owls supposed to be? Why did Briggs and coop see them in the woods?

Vessels for the black & white lodge inhabitants to observe and manipulate the world.

>Why was ms palmer a vessel for bob? Why could she see him

She wasn't the only person who saw Bob.

>how was Coop able to visit the lodge the first time and why did time keep stopping to see the giant?

The Giant was giving Cooper a message.
>>
>>68905235

until he was "exorcised" out of mr Palmer, she was the only one able to see him, and even then, why?

>The Giant was giving Cooper a message.

but why? Dale being more suited to the white lodge should mean they should all hate him and want him to fail
>>
owls were a manifestation of BOB. ms. palmer saw BOB because he was inhabiting Leland's body, so every time you saw BOB it was actually Leland.

the last question is kind of hard to answer because it's kind of typical Lynch to not have explanations for parts of his work. i think, in that case, there's no real answer as to how he was able to get in and the thing about the giant other than "just because."
>>
oh also, how did Windom know about Audrey, Donna, and Shelly before he even met them?
>>
>>68904831
>Norma best girl
Patrician taste OP
>>
>>68905367
>owls were a manifestation of BOB

There's nothing really to suggest that they were specifically manifestations of Bob
>>
File: 1435477720084.png (1019 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1435477720084.png
1019 KB, 1366x768
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>68905367
no dude when she sees him in s1e1 it's not leland hiding behind the couch
>>
>>68904831
Literally

>coffee ad, the series
>>
>Leo has been holding onto that rope for 20 years
>>
>>68904831

>2016
>OP does not know how to wikipedia
>>
>>68904831
Mike explains that the gifted and the damned can see BOB's true face, such as Sarah and Maddy.
>>
>>68905331
He did fail though
>>
>>68905872
Big coffee messing with our tv again
>>
>>68909175

but why help him?
>>
I want to know more about coops girl
>>
>>68910440

Caroline or Annie?
>>
>>68910209
black lodge inhabitants are sometimes neutral, such as Little Man/Bob's Arm
>>
>>68910209
>>68910727
BOB was taking too much misery for himself and the Black Lodge inhabitants wanted him gone. I think this was explained in FWWM? The misery is the Creamed Corn shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.