[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /tv/ hate Game of Thrones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: GoT.jpg (281 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
GoT.jpg
281 KB, 1000x563
So /tv/, why?

>If you're going to say bad writing, use examples to prove your point.

>If you're going to say it's shit because the show left out key parts explain why they should've been included.
>>
hard mode:

>avoid the terms grim dark and edgy since those are subjective
>>
the more appropriate question: why does /tv/ hate everything?
>>
Show Jaime raped Cersei for no reason other than shock value when in the book it was completely consensual with cersei only objecting at first because she was on her period and didnt want to get blood everywhere.
>>
>>68891080
Is it popular? /tv/ hates it

Is it completely ignored by the general public because it's shit? /tv/ will swear it is the greatest thing ever created and everyone else is stupid

At some point ironic shitposting stopped being ironic and just became the norm
>>
>>68891080
You can't please everyone all the time.

Statements of displeasure are more fun to write than statements of pleasure.

/tv/ is not a single person.

Therefore, its much easier to find negative opinions on /tv/ than positive opinions.
>>
"OMG That thing in episode 9 was so SHOCKING!"

That's basically the only reason most people still watch this shit. To see who dies at the end of the season.
>>
>>68891168
They did Something only to shock the auciance.
How dare they ??!
>>
It's popular, and also once 4chan neckbeards start mentioning the name of someone involved in a show/movie, all discussion on that show/movie is over for an indefinite period. See JJ Abrams, Lindelof, D&D, I think Ridley Scott for a while. Right now seems like the peak of mercilessly tantruming about muh D&D at every opportunity, so good luck saying anything positive about the show without some very clever fat sperg saying "D&D pls go" or something similar.
>>
>>68891209
This is why /who/ hates the current seasons but loves the episodes from 40 years ago.
>>
Killing Ned was actually shocking and effective. The writers keep trying to recreate that moment with other characters and it's boring.
>>
20 good men was a cop out. They should have at least shown some people sneaking in to sabotage
>>
Because it's popular and supposedly liked by the majority of reddit.
>>
because DORNISH PEOPLE ARE WHITE!
>>
>>68891168
not enough of a reason.
>>
>>68890283
because on 4chan its hip to hate what is popular
>>
>>68891434
It's written in the books lad. It's not recreating "that moment" it's to show that no character has plot armor and that no singular character is as important as the central plot
>>
>>68891601
If they would've introduced Dornish people as white they would've blended in with the other Houses. Like all of them are white lad
>>
>>68891454
They didn't need to. It would've been wasted screentime since what mattered is what became of the siege.

People are just nitpicking now. The show has no huge flaw
>>
>>68890283
Because of tits (and ass)
>>
>>68892072
That's maybe the only reason 4chan likes stuff m8.
>>
So it's agreed that Game of Thrones is the most interesting and cohesively written show airing. The show has great world building, pacing, depth, and characters that cannot be beaten by any show on RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>68891963
Dornish is Spanish/Italian not hispanic
>>
>>68892821
Spanish/Italian isn't a thing retard. If you're Spanish you're Hispanic
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 323x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 323x249
>>68890283
No, this is just the normal /tv/ cycle.

>media gets released
>most of /tv/ makes a sensible judgement about it
>this judgement also happens to be the consensus
>reddit, facebook, gawker, and other hated inhabitants of the internet share this consensus
>/tv/ does a 180 to distinguish themselves from the crowd

BvS is just a recent example. Other flip flops include Nolan, True Detective season 2, Only God Forgives, Avatar, and my first experience with this board was these dorks defending Transformers 2 soon after its release.
>>
>>68890283
I've read the books see what the fuss is about, and then watched S1.

S1 was pretty good, but S2 quickly turned into cheap soap opera. Books were fine, but TV show is boring as hell. They just stand around and talk about shit. Based SB gets killed right off start.

It feels watered down and at the same time bloated with pointless drama what bets on shock factor.

The actress who plays Daenerys is doing horrible job. In books her segments are weak, but holy shit she is bad.

What killed my interest completely was the scene where she meets the Unsullied.

I stopped watching mid S2, my imagination did a much better job.
>>
>>68894612
it's not shock factor and not bloated. It creates it's lore and meta at the same time. it's essential for depth
>>
>>68891896
>no character has plot armour
except brienne and ramsay :^)
>>
File: david-benioff.png (148 KB, 1120x530) Image search: [Google]
david-benioff.png
148 KB, 1120x530
>>68890283
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68894774
both are relatively newer characters. Not season 1 characters
>>
>>68890283
No internal consistency
>one episode the hound goes on about how he's not a thief
>next episode he beats up a farmer and takes his money

Inconsistent fight choreography, specifically when it comes to dealing with armor
>early season plate armor stopping bladed weapons is important
>later seasons armor gets stabbed through like it's nothing (see Barristan and Areo Hotah)

Has become way less colorful and visually interesting as seasons gof on, presumably because they want to be "more serious"
>permanent blue filter
>hound spots wearing trademark helmet
>no yellow cloak for Lemon
>Melissandre's dress is so dark it might as well be black
>Lannisters are all brunette
>>
File: d-b-weiss.png (150 KB, 1132x584) Image search: [Google]
d-b-weiss.png
150 KB, 1132x584
>>68890283
>>68894778
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68894829
>Inconsistent fight choreography, specifically when it comes to dealing with armor

It bothered me when, in one of the episodes, the Hound is talking about how important having armor and "a big fucking sword" are. A couple of scenes later Ramsay is running around naked with two little daggers fucking Iron Islanders up.
>>
Consensus is that it was good up until season 3 and then it went to shit. Not to mention all of the people who jumped on the GoT bandwagon are annoying as hell. All they care about is who dies next!?!?!?!
>>
>>68891434
This, if they let the show proceed at an organic pace, it would be alot more effective than shoehorning everything exciting into episode 9
>>
>>68890283
>it's an op thinks /tv/ is one person episode
>>
>>68890283
honestly the majority of /tv/ loves it

theres a vocal minority of sperglords who pretend to hate it and we have to deal with these insufferable tools 24/7

if you ignore those shit generals you'll be ok

but then like the cancerous little pricks that they are, they will come here and try to make you think otherwise
>>
File: o-SAND-SNAKES-facebook[1].jpg (144 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
o-SAND-SNAKES-facebook[1].jpg
144 KB, 1200x800
>>
File: 8477266.png (1 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
8477266.png
1 MB, 1000x563
>>
That pointless rescue mission of that bitch
>>
anyone can tell me what they were saying when they had to speak their fantasy gibberish language in the first episode of this season?

i cant for the love of me find a stream that doesnt use a russian rip with russian subs.
>>
>>68897305

She has a white muff, seeing her naked just about makes the list of 5 things they'd like to do that afternoon.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.