[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did people actually hate about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: Iron_Man_2_Poster.jpg (436 KB, 1024x1516) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Man_2_Poster.jpg
436 KB, 1024x1516
What did people actually hate about this?
>>
mickey rourke is shit
>>
The villain was retarded. He just has like, lava whips, or something. That's it. We've seen Tony shoot nukes out of his shoulder and decapitate other Iron Men bots with a giga laser, but for some reason he can get whipped by le whippy man.
>>
>>68888780
The subplot of the Don Cheadle character was stupid. They never really developed the story around them being bros before.
>>
heroes and side characters = 9/10

villain = 2/10
>>
I don't know, it has Sam Rockwell in it
>>
>>68888780

Tony discovering the new element was retarded.
Villain was utter crap.
They defeated the main villain in under 15 seconds. Compare this to the final fight in the first movie.
Too many robots.
>>
>>68889051

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH

>>68888780

The plot made no sense.
>>
It has a strange story structure
>>
>>68888780
Not enough Sam Rockwell dancing
>>
I WONT MEI BURT
>>
I saw it last night as well (UK). Ask me anything at all (if you spoil yourself it's your own fault).
>>
How come they never show Pepper Potts nude or in a sexy skimpy outfit in any of these movies? Gwyneth Paltrow is hotter than Scarjo imo.
>>
>>68888780

Too much side-plots about setting up the Avengers made the movie lose focus, basically the same that happened to BvS
>>
>>68888780
IM2 is kino
>>
>>68888780
The plot is a mess that loses all direction halfway through.
>>
>>68889179
I thought they just did a nigger swap for the same character.
>>
>>68888780
I enjoyed it, but the villain could have been more dangerous in the final fight

It seems to be a recurring theme in marvel movies that the villain gets wrecked in two minutes once he shows up and none of them feel like a real physical threat (though their schemes are almost always fun)

Happened to ultron, Loki, etc. hell even aryan mandarin who actually was a threat felt completely irrelevant since tony just replaced his armor 80 times in the fight.
>>
>>68888780
Hope they bring back the triangle arc reactor.
>>
When I first saw it, I just thought it was stupid, pointless, unfocused, and generally a filler movie.

I re-watched it recently to prepare for Civil War and I liked it much more this time. The plot is very unfocused, but I think that's the point. The movie is about Tony Stark basically fucking up all of his relationships with other people simply by not giving a shit and being apathetic about everything. The plot is as unfocused as Tony Stark is.

In one scene, Rhodey steals the Mk.2 armor in a tense, heated moment where they realize they're not sure they can trust each other anymore, and then in the very next shot Tony is just lounging around eating donuts in his armor like nothing happened.

Even though people complain that we never got a Demon in a Bottle movie, technically we did. Iron Man 2 was Demon in a Bottle. Just replace alcoholism with being generally self-destructive. In the end, you have the same sort of character development and arc.
>>
It was a huge step down from the hype that came from the first movie, it would've been better if Favreau was given more creative control and the villain wasn't lame.
>>
>>68889051
>>68889186
This, if movie was focused on Hammer instead of russian guy, movie would be 10x better.
>>
>>68888780
Zero story. It's literally a 2 hour trailer for The Avengers.
>>
>>68889179
He's the same guy as in the first iron man (Rhodes), he's Tony's liaison with the army and they are friendly
>>
>>68889186
>villain = 2/10
Every MCU villain to date except Loki.
>>
>>68888780
They tried to put a joke in pretty much every scene.
Don't get me wrong I don't expect the movie to be super serious or anything but everything should be done in moderation.

For example the scene at the Grand Prix while Whiplash is attacking them and Tony and Pepper keep bickering about the suitcase while the bad guy is almost cutting them in half.
>>
>>68890956
Abomination, Red Skull and Obadiah were cool. But Hugo Weaving doesn't want to do another capeshit movie again, Obadiah was the cookie cutter for every Marvel villain so far, so no point of using him again. we can still hope they use Abomination once again.
>>
Only plebs don't like kino such as Iron Man 2
>>
THERE WILL BE BLOOD IN THE WATER
AND THE SHARKS WILL COME
>>
>>68890956
Killgrave
>>
>>68888780
Bad whip man villain. Quip writing was noticably worse than Ironman 1. The shoehorning in of so many characters, especially the Shield stuff, took too much screen time away from Tony Stark. The new element thing sucked balls. Black Iron Man and the Iron bots made Iron Man feel less special. It was basically an unfocused mess and you could tell the multi-hero in one flick formula wasn't perfected until Winter Soldier.
>>
File: JUSTinfuckinghammer.webm (1 MB, 536x228) Image search: [Google]
JUSTinfuckinghammer.webm
1 MB, 536x228
Best part?
>>
>>68891045
>Abomination, Red Skull and Obadiah
I like those characters but there's no denying they were wasted in the live action movies. Honestly, I don't understand how Marvel can do such a good job adapting its heroes but such a shit job with its villains.
>>
>>68891228
it was rockwell's idea too wasn't it
>>
>>68891257
With the exception of Loki all the villains are pretty lame in some way, so I have to agree
>>
>>68891228
OK, Rockwell vs Starlord: Dance off, who wins and why?
>>
>>68891094

>ACTUALLY.... FUCK THAT SHIT I'LL JUST FIGHT YOU WITH ROBOTS I GUESS

Such wasted potential
>>
>>68891228
How is this style of dance called?
>>
>>68891137
Only for the first 5-6 episodes. He was a joke by the end.
>>
>>68888780
It's my fav iron man film.
>>
>>68888780
It's mediocre. It does very little that's not just OK, so there is no reason to view it anything but the mediocrity that it is.
>>
>>68889395

this
>>
File: 1451849476463.jpg (31 KB, 736x417) Image search: [Google]
1451849476463.jpg
31 KB, 736x417
>>68888780
>watch it on TV
>nothing happens
>40 mins of nothing later switch channel
>>
>>68891803
my nigga
>>
>bad pacing
>cluttered subplots
>lame villain
>>
>>68889179
It's the same as Terrence Howard, they changed him for Cheadle because Howard was asking more money than RDJ.
In fact, he got more money than him for Iron Man 1.
>>
>>68889290
>Tony discovering the new element was retarded.

that scene is pure fucking cringe.
same thing with the age of ultron hologram scene, jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>68892198
>implying it wasn't iron man af
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE
>>
>>68890825
>implying this was intentional
>>
>>68892575
But it was, go search for interviews about Fabreau.
Iron Man 2 was originally going to be the Demon in a Bottle story, but the executive meddling wanted more of an Avengers trailer.
>>
>>68889051
>the armor he used was real and he trained to actually use it
>paid for his gold teeth and the burt out of his own pocket
>authentic russian tattoos
>actually went to a moscow prison to study for the role
>worked against complete tech retardation
Rourke gets my respect

>>68891282
100% improvised
>>
File: gwyneth-paltrow.png (332 KB, 400x763) Image search: [Google]
gwyneth-paltrow.png
332 KB, 400x763
>>68888780
D R O P P E D

http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1461950574738.jpg
>>
>>68890863
This.

His original plans sound much better than what we got
>>
>>68891257
Villains in MCU are just easy targets because there's no need for a real conflict, the main attractions are comedy and actor chemistry. Really, just watch any of them that isn't Cap 1 and you'll see it instantly.
>>
>>68895006
go fuck yourself
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.