[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did she ruin season 2 for you? I honestly just couldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7
Did she ruin season 2 for you?

I honestly just couldn't get into her back story or any of the scenes she was involved in.
>>
>>68888571
Same. Also, she a woman and a poc. Shame.
>>
No.
>>
does the punisher come back? I'm on episode 6 or 7 and it's just awful now
>>
>>68888571
she's kinda qt. that scene wear she's smiling and pulls the mask over her mouth is HHNNNGGGGG
>>
>>68888571
>>68888607
>>68888622
>>68888643
Do you guys think that hating every moment of screentime a woman has makes your dick bigger or something? I honestly didn't see anything wrong with her performance.
>>
>>68888718
i dont care about her the plot has just abruptly hit a wall and foggy is being a whiny bitch again, hes by far the worst
>>
>>68888571

didnt ruin it but her scenes were the only ones i just didn't care about. including the stuff with foggy and karen, i thought they were a lot better second season
>>
I'm anon and this is me claiming septs for my german girlfriend.
>>
>>68888571

YES.

>>68888718

Because you are a cuck. And you don' t like good fighting scene
>>
>>68888718
I said No you fucking dick.
>>
>>68888643
Yes.

Also he's getting his own show.
>>
>>68888718
>>68888718
Why bother prefacing your shilling with bait, m8?
K I L L y o u r s e l f M Y m a n
>>
>>68888571
I thought she was the only interesting part of season 2.
>>
I liked her. She played a good Femme Fatale character that fit well with the noir atmosphere of the show.
>>
I liked her a lot until the Black Sky stuff. They nailed her character until they didn't. She was a victim of the season going to shit, not the cause.
>>
File: punisher_121127.jpg (18 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
punisher_121127.jpg
18 KB, 600x300
>>68889647
I revoke your right to talk about capeshit.
>>
>>68889750
Yeah, I felt the show kind of went off the rails there.
Also some annoying retconning with Madame Gao.
>>
>>68888571
I skipped lots of the scenes she was in.
>>
>>68888571
I actually liked her character, but the whole hand business was a little much.
>>
she was ok, the ninjas fucking werent
>>
I liked her character but she's just not a good actress. I wonder what's up with the "badass mysterious asian lady with a british accent" trend.
>>
File: GetBackToWorkMrSquidward.png (2 MB, 1648x886) Image search: [Google]
GetBackToWorkMrSquidward.png
2 MB, 1648x886
No. It was less interesting than the Frank plotline, but it was still good.

THIS shit, on the other hand, sank the season. Everything regarding Frank in the last two episodes was so fucking bad.
>>
>>68888571

I don't see how she could ruin an already bad show.
>>
>>68890421
ebic
>>
>>68890389
What incident was he referring to? We never find out do we.
>>
File: Trash.jpg (33 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Trash.jpg
33 KB, 640x640
>>68890389
>Frank finally appears with the skull
>Shoots two random henchmen that Daredevil was beating up anyway
>"See ya, Red."

That was just...Jesus. Did they originally just stop the Frank plotline after he escaped from prison? Because you could remove everything about it and nothing would change.
>>
>>68888571
I thought it was good, but only because the only other female capeshit to compare it to are the cunts in Arrow, SuperGirl, Jessica Jones, Agents of Shield, and that red-headed bitch who answers phones in their shady lawyer office, whose basically the Kim Bauer of the show.

So yeah she stands out as being not totally boring, clichéd, fucked up, and cringey. And she's hot as fuck so I'm thinking with my dick partially.
>>
>>68889833
The Punisher was boring, and to make things worse his story had no resolution. He was just the same old "vigilante who goes too far" cliche that has been done to death at this point.
>>
i didn't mind Elektra too much as a character but it's the dumb ninjas that she brought with her which made me really dislike her
>>
File: tick ninjas wacky.jpg (36 KB, 320x455) Image search: [Google]
tick ninjas wacky.jpg
36 KB, 320x455
>>68890973
>dumb ninjas
>>
>>68888888
>>
>>68888571
She was basically fanfic from somebody who's only read wikipedia summaries of her stories and not Miller's actual canon, but the actress and adjusted costume were OK. The Hand was entirely underwhelming and underdeveloped. Frank and Fisk were hands down the best part of Season 2.

Born Again next season please so DAW can get fired. She's fucking horrible having never watched True Blood.
>>
>>68890914
If this is your takeaway from the season, you didn't understand it at all. By the end of the season, Frank had pulled Daredevil onto his side of the line, not the other way around.

Frank didn't go too far at all. It was Daredevil who wasn't going far enough.
>>
>>68890558

We'll probably find out in the Punisher solo show.
>>
>>68891600
>Frank had pulled Daredevil onto his side of the line
The fuck are you talking about? Daredevil didn't even kill anyone.
>>
>>68891600
>Frank didn't go too far at all. It was Daredevil who wasn't going far enough.

I thought it was really interesting that they let it go this route, even including Daredevil dropping that guy off the roof. I was expecting it to go the usual "Muh no-killing is objectively better because simplistic fairy tale morality nonsense," but then Daredevil starts saying he should kill people "just this once," stops preventing Electra or Castle from killing anyone, and throws people off of rooftops. It was a surprising development for a Marvel capeshow, and I'll bne interested to see how Daredevil continues to develop.
>>
>>68891861

He stops complaining about or even trying to prevent Electra or Punisher killing people, and he drops Nobu off the roof. Yeah, Nobu technically survived, but DD had murderous intent with that.
>>
>it's a tiny skiny woman with a huge head episode

why do anglos seem to like that type so much ?
>>
>>68891909
The ninjas are reanimated corpses, they don't count as people.
>>
>>68888571
She didn't ruin season 2 but her and DD were basically just a side story compared to The Punisher. Good thing he is getting his own show, otherwise I wouldn't even care about DD anymore and only watch it for Frank
>>
>>68888571

She sucked.

Every line delivered was grating. In a still picture she looks great, wasn't bad in the choreography, but the simulation of emotions along side talking is beyond her abilities to do convincingly.
>>
>>68891909
i don't know whether it can be considered development for his character seeing as he killed nobu three times so far

the exception doesn't make the rule
>>
>>68891953

Frank getting his show is bad for DD.

Now you won't even watch DD for Frank, and I know I'll consider watching the whole season if it is Elektra-centric.
>>
>>68892025

I don't remember him killing Nobu on purpose before, it just happened accidentally while they fought. Am I remembering wrong? If not, the difference here would be that he had Nobu dangling over the edge and made a conscious choice to let him drop.
>>
>>68892100
1. smashed a light causing nobu to burn to death, next episode denies that DD has ever killed anyone
2. towards the end of season 2, throws him over a banister then walks away assuming he's dead
3. ???
>>
>>68892037
Oh I'll still watch DD even without the Punisher. I'm just saying if the Punisher were in DD a lot, my focus would shift to Frank more than the actual character the show is about.
>>
>>68892189
>towards the end of season 2, throws him over a banister then walks away assuming he's dead

That's in the final episode, it's the moment I'm talking about in the first place.

>smashed a light causing nobu to burn to death, next episode denies that DD has ever killed anyone

I'm gonna have to re-watch this. I don't remember it being so intentional.
>>
>>68888571
>233 KB
>Anonymous 04/29/16(Fri)15:46:50 No.688

She certainly did not ruin the season, she brought some of Daredevils early history to us and i hope she comes back.
>>
>>68892189
>>68892025
>>68891909
>>68891600
The show has been really sloppy with Daredevil's stance on killing. Early in the first season, he throws a guy off a roof and only checks to see if he survived after being asked. Then he set Nobu on fire, who dies. And then he talks about how he's never killed and is wondering if he should.

The possibility that he didn't know Nobu died from the fire is thrown out in Season 2, when Matt says he's certain that Nobu died from it.

And then he throws Nobu off the roof, but Nobu survives and so it's unclear if Matt intended to kill him or not.
>>
>>68892457
>but Nobu survives and so it's unclear if Matt intended to kill him or not.

No, it's clear he intended to kill him. I think they just couldn't allow Daredevil to ACTUALLY kill him because "muh character portrayals" political bullshit or whatever, so they had to have Stick finish the job.
>>
>>68892457
He didnt really need to check with that guy on the roof he knew that automatically. That was more of a confirmation.

Yes he "killed" nobu so thats a kill.
And im pretty sure he intended to kill him a second time.

So one maybe two instances where he may possibly be killing people is sloppy? I mean if it was like 10 kills it pure cold blood not heat of the moment but 2 lol come on now.
>>
>>68892189
>>68892100
>>68892457
>>68892353

I think what it boils down to is that he doesn't go out with the intent of killing anyone - which is a fine line that separates him from killing and murder

in the first nobu fight (where he was set on fire) DD did not intend to kill Nobu, even with the sparks. Pure self-defence - he didn't even know anyone was in the building.

In the final fight of S2, however, he's struggling to come to grips with the fact that he has to be okay with Nobu's death. He's going out there tonight with the intent of killing Nobu. That makes it murder, and that is what makes him struggle with the decision.

He'd clearly prefer not to kill anyone, but he's slowly realising that sometimes there is simply no other choice - sometimes to preserve life, you have to take it
>>
>>68892353
>That's in the final episode, it's the moment I'm talking about in the first place.
no i was thinking of a moment in like episode 11/12 before elektra is revealed as black sky
>>
>>68892630
>So one maybe two instances where he may possibly be killing people is sloppy?
The show trying to portray him as someone who absolutely refuses to kill, and at the same time having him do that stuff is what's sloppy.
>>
>>68892908
im honestly sure what show you watched if you think it was that black and white. It was alot more complicated than just not killing. Its more on the lines doing everything i can to not kill.
>>
I wish she wasn't a spooky skellington
Sorta threw me out of it that one of her kicks or punches knocking out a fully grown man. Also she should've had the mask on at all times
>>
>>68893339
But he wasn't doing everything he could to not kill. He threw roof guy off the roof in cold blood, and the bit where he checks if he lived makes no sense if he knew that he would.
>>
no, she was good
>>
>>68893411
yes exactly hes not perfect its called lapses in judgement. Out of all the criminals hes faced and out of all of the ones hes "killed" looks like a pretty good attempt to me.
>>
>>68889123
YESSSSS
FUCKING AWESOME
>>
>>68888571
weakest character and subplot for season 2 yes
>>
So now that Matt's not a lawyer and his friends have other jobs, what is he going to do for money? Is he just going to be a homeless vigilante?
>>
Her accent distracted every scene she was in. It just sounds like fake British, although she's probably not faking it somewhat. When the guy asked her if he detected a French accent, I was thrown off. Like, is THAT supposed to be French?
>>
What kind of name is nachos bell grande? Isn't she asian?
>>
>>68894108
Its french peoples non descript english. Its so they can act in english and american movies without retaining the heavy french accent.
Listen to eva green talk she has it as well.
>>
>>68890041
Yeah, this.
>>
>>68894281
she was adopted in
>>
>tfw when no sexy rich foriegn girl who madly wants you
>>
>>68894108
>>68894289

I thought it was fake British at first, then I realized it was Australian (especially the kid actor's accent). When she was asked if her accent was French I was confused as fuck. I still don't hear a French accent when I hear Elektra talk, not even remotely.
>>
>>68894525
What its not australian......it is supposed to be a "fake" British accent aka an accent of a child from eternal international boarding schools.

As ive already said its the accent french people get when the try and not sound french.
>>
File: 1460758464949.jpg (10 KB, 209x263) Image search: [Google]
1460758464949.jpg
10 KB, 209x263
>it's a a hot blonde lawyer is inexplicably attracted to Piggy McPigPig Faggy Foggy episode
>>
>>68894752
>As ive already said its the accent french people get when the try and not sound french.

And apparently to me that sounds Australian at times.
>>
>>68894796
well thats really bizzare coz it sounds nothing like the staple aussie hugh jackman.
>>
>>68894784
Cant dog the fogg
>>
>>68888571
The whole magic yakuza ninja assassin storyline was stupid as fuck
>>
>>68894796
As an Australian, I can confirm that you're retarded. She doesn't sound remotely Australian.
>>
>>68892457
>hen he set Nobu on fire, who dies. And then he talks about how he's never killed and is wondering if he should.

Nobu set himself on fire, DD was losing
>>
>>68894960

I did say at times.
>>
>110 lb 5' grill handling and beating up fully grown men
>trained men no less

when will this disgusting fucking meme end I can only suspend my belief so much
>>
>>68895088
110 pound ninja assassin trained by mystical forces of good whos some mysterious force of evil in a universe with a blind guy who can "see" and a talking racoon.
>can only suspend disbelief so much
>k
>>
>>68888571
One thing that annoyed me was when Karen walked in on Elektra in Matts bed, she completely ignored Stick and assumed Matt was cheating on her.

Is Stick actually real?
>>
Not against the actress but
she's not Elektra
>>
>>68888571

She was OK.

It's just that her arrival coincides with less Punisher and more NINJAS FROM FUCKING NOWHERE.

I think they'd have been better either explaining more about the Hand or moving Elektra and the Hand to Season 3 so both the Punisher and Elektra plots could be handled properly.

As it is it feels a bit kludged together and people are pissy because the more Elektra's around, the less Punisher is.

And Punisher was really fucking awesome. So "Eh, she did OK" still looks like a steaming pile of doodie when served up side by side.
>>
>>68895315

That bugged me, too. The presence of an old blind man would make me wonder if this situation was really as it seemed. Kinda made Karen look like a retard.
>>
>>68888571
I didn't hate her per se, but I wasn't a fan of the whole ninja thing, felt it contrasted a lot with the tone and it was aimless.
>>
>>68895315
>>68895551

Maybe he can be selectively seen or something. Kinda like some 6th Sense shit.
>>
>>68890389
>filename
no fucking way
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.