[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a "receive a copyright notice in the mail"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: sweat.jpg (11 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
11 KB, 250x200
>It's a "receive a copyright notice in the mail" episode
>>
Whatever you do don't respond to them
>>
>>68888391
You deserve it, you pathetic piratefag. Get a job and buy your shit.
>>
File: TXuy7vf.gif (310 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
TXuy7vf.gif
310 KB, 400x400
I don't remember that episode.

Probably because I only torrent anime. Paranoia pays desu.
>>
>>68888692
what about when the cops turn up?
>>
>>68888756
ever seen the opening scene of Bronson?
>>
>>68888756
unless you live in the UK they won't
>>
File: mememagic.jpg (117 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
mememagic.jpg
117 KB, 720x960
>>68888391
>It's a thing that never happens episode
Been a pirate for 10 years and not one letter or email
>>
>>68888790
Also you gotta remember that your ISP is forced to email those copyright notices to you

By acknowledging or responding to them, you provide a direct link or IP to your accuser or that copyright troll company

If you were any real trouble, you'd hear a knock on the door
>>
>>68888692
People keep saying shit like this because "they can't do anything to you," but I'm fairly certain it's well within the ISP's rights and abilities to throttle the shit out of your connection.
>>
>>68888858
Kek, not if you have consumer law
>>
its a your mom is dead in your dream and you think about jumping out of window but wake up episode.
>>
>>68888858
They also realize that you have the right to easily switch to another ISP at any time. That's why they don't do shit like that.
>>
File: SURRENDER.jpg (61 KB, 799x599) Image search: [Google]
SURRENDER.jpg
61 KB, 799x599
>>68888391
>ITS A TELEVISION LICENSE EXPIRED ON PENIS INSPECTION DAY EPISODE

TOPKEK WHAT LIFE MUST BE LIKE FOR BONGISTANIS
>>
>>68888946
How do the Brits even manage to make a meal without knives?
>>
>>68888944
I'm sure they can stand to lose a few cheapskates that don't even pay for movies.
>>
>>68889009
Have you seen British food? Everything is just boiled chunks of meat and vegetable anyways.
>>
>>68889009
They have their muslim bull use their sacred dagger, since those are permitted
>>
>>68889009
The feces that is british cuisine doesn't need knives.
>>
File: spoons illegal in england.jpg (392 KB, 1024x652) Image search: [Google]
spoons illegal in england.jpg
392 KB, 1024x652
>>68889009
THEY CANT HAVE FORKS OR SPOONS EITHER

ALLAH FORBIDS UTENSILS WHICH COULD BE USED TO EAT PORK PRODUCTS
>>
File: babbysplsleave.png (118 KB, 334x616) Image search: [Google]
babbysplsleave.png
118 KB, 334x616
>>
>>68889029
You're clearly not old enough to have dealt with an ISP or cell phone service before. Those kikes will do anything to make sure you are still suckling on their tit.
>>
>>68889092
>tfw rogers doubled my price
>tfw i called in to say wtf
>tfw they were like, "oh yeah, your price is doubled now"
>tfw I was like "fine then I'll go somewhere else to get my internet"
>tfw they were like "okay that's fine"
>tfw I'm still with rogers

:(
>>
>>68889009
The Scots have come up with a brilliant system of deep frying everything
>>
>>68889132
That's unusual.

I got $40 off my Telus bill one month because I called them and bitched that I didn't get adequate cell phone service on a lake. I knew they were going to do something like that and I wouldn't have called otherwise.
>>
>>68889199
When they aren't doped out on heroin of course
>>
>>68889132
cuck
>>
File: Ameriga is fadd XDXD.png (158 KB, 1082x800) Image search: [Google]
Ameriga is fadd XDXD.png
158 KB, 1082x800
>>68889066

You could do someone a nasty mischief with a sharpened spoon m8, better be safe than sorry.
>>
>>68889092
I find that it's usually a tossup depending on the reps you get. I've argued my way out of bullshit fees and gotten extensions on promotions a few times but most of the time if they can't help you they can't help you. Also I never had the audacity to call and argue over something where I knew I was clearly in the wrong.
>>
>>68888713
T. Shekelberg Goldstein
>>
>>68888887
Holy shit you were one away from having god tier digits
>>
I never understood how the fuck they get your email address.

Anyone?
>>
>>68890584
They don't need to.

The company being infringed on detects your IP downloading one of their things. They contact the ISP connected to this IP and basically force them to contact you on their behalf.
>>
>>68890677
I understand that, but then none of that has anything to do with my wondering how your email address is acquired in order for you to be contacted by your ISP.

Though I understand you're operating under the assumption that I'm an idiot, and this is /tv/, so fair point.
>>
>>68890584
You give them your address when you sign up for internet, don't you?
>>
>>68890584
>>68891212
The rights holder moaning about common illegal downloads detects your IP downloading their shit and contacts your ISP, which they can find using your IP.

Your ISP, which has to have at least some form of contact information with you, will then contact you and inform you of the complaint and take actions depending on their policies.

Generally speaking the rights holder will only be able to obtain your IP address, and most ISPs don't disclose any of your information to the rights holder unless required to by law.
>>
>>68888391
i'm with frontier and they don't seem to care.
>>
>>68892945
I'm with eastlink and pretty much all I get is a notice that says "we legally have to inform you" and that's it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.