[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lets himself get killed for literally no reason >ends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg (57 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg
57 KB, 500x667
>lets himself get killed for literally no reason
>ends up some useless ghost only one person can see
>could have just given Luke advice while he was alive like he was already doing

Obi Wan is fucking retarded.
>>
he wanted to ghost-watch Luke showering
>>
>>68882985
lucas killed him off
>>
File: 1408952885169.jpg (14 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1408952885169.jpg
14 KB, 251x242
>"i shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine"
>literally becomes less powerful
>>
>>68882985
He was depressed and just wanted an excuse.
See his letter to Yoda

"My dear Yoda

I tried telephoning you yesterday evening but you had not yet arrived and as you are probably dead tired I shall leave you in peace. Hence this note.

I think the film is marvellously good and do congratulate you most heartily. It is expansive, handsome, gripping and yet somehow intimate. And the story — which we all know is somewhat complicated — comes over with simplicity. It didn't seem a minute too long.

Also I think it is beautifully acted — with one excruciating exception. Carrie, for my money, gives a truly superb performance and should get a whopping big Oscar. And I thought Harrison pulled it off charmingly and splendidly. As did the others. For my own part I'm afraid I thought I was sickeningly awful. I thought it was poor at the time we were doing it but I hadn't realized how wide of the mark I was. I don't in the least blame you, as you were helpful, but I do wish — when I asked George, very calmly and unfunnily, in the first week, if you'd all like to get rid of me he had taken me up on it. John Brabourne was right in his original objection. Well, there it is and some of the press have rightly pointed it out. One thing I am now grateful for is the disappearance of the song and dance — at least the agony isn't protracted.

Anyway, that's all fairly minor stuff. The film itself is outstanding. Clearly it is going to be a huge success.

With love,

Obi-Wan."
>>
>no reason
Watch the movie again, doofus. Obi-Wan notices Luke and allows himself to be killed in order to motivate Luke to fight Vader and by extension the Empire.
>useless ghost
He sends Luke to Yoda, and Yoda tries his hardest to goad Luke into murdering Vader (and the emperor), which is what Yoda and Obi-Wan failed to do previously.
>given Luke advice while alive
As a ghost he can appear anywhere in the galaxy and is never in danger, while alive he was too old and tired to be of any use.
>>
>>68883255
>As a ghost he can appear anywhere in the galaxy
But doesn't

He only appears when it is time to party in the end
>>
>>68883596
>Hoth
>Dagobah
Dude.
>>
>>68882985
He wanted the moral high ground
>>
File: stop my invincible son.jpg (675 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
stop my invincible son.jpg
675 KB, 1920x800
>>68882985
>>
>>68883154
>>
>>68882985
>no reason
>useless ghost
How else is he going to watch Leia and Han fuck or Luke masturbate?
>>
>>68883036
Alec Guiness made Lucas do it. He despised Star Wars so much even going so far as calling it a manchild thing.

How can such a based actor be so unbased?
>>
CHILDISH BANALITIES
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.