[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will video games ever make good movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: yhyh.png (662 KB, 760x620) Image search: [Google]
yhyh.png
662 KB, 760x620
Will video games ever make good movies?
>>
>>68882714
maybe uncharted or last of us? those are like movies already so
>>
>>68882714
>Will Sony ever make good movies?

Fix'd
>>
>>68882745
>>>/v/
>>
File: The_Order_1886_Cover_Art.png (125 KB, 250x278) Image search: [Google]
The_Order_1886_Cover_Art.png
125 KB, 250x278
But we already got a decent video game movie.
>>
>>68882714
Crank?
>>
>>68882870
is it decent?
>>
>>68882714
the hell do professional critics know?
>>
>>68882913
I would give it a 7/10 but I also only paid 7 dollars for it. It really did have a great atmosphere and an interesting setting. So much potential wasted.
>>
>>68882947
>7/10
>$7
nice get. also, at seven bucks, hard to be let down
>>
>>68882913
Even in a non-shitposting response, it didn't do either game or movie well. It looked really good considering it came on shitty hardware.
>>
>>68882980
turns out amazing graphics don't make for good games.
>>
>all these people still denying that in may, zowie v
bowie will btfo capeshit and usher in the new era of videokino greatness
>>
>>68882965
>at seven bucks, hard to be let down

Pretty much if I paid 60 for it I would have been pissed at how short it was but for the price I paid it didn't bother me and it was interesting for one playthrough.

>>68882980
It's impressive that they managed to get those graphics on the ps4. Sure it was linear as you an get but it's gorgeous for a ps4 game.
>>
Disney already put out a furrybait movie recently, they should've waited for a bit
>>
Warcraft is going to surprise a lot of people.
>>
File: Max_Payne_poster.jpg (59 KB, 299x399) Image search: [Google]
Max_Payne_poster.jpg
59 KB, 299x399
Why did they fuck this up :(
Could've been such a great movie
>>
File: Persona_Poster.jpg (44 KB, 300x421) Image search: [Google]
Persona_Poster.jpg
44 KB, 300x421
Yes
>>
File: Walkinsh.jpg (3 MB, 3504x2332) Image search: [Google]
Walkinsh.jpg
3 MB, 3504x2332
I liked this one.
>>
>>68884499
Why? Because you liked the game?

>>68884611
Pleb filter. Only normies like that shit.
>>
>>68882714
No, because they're already as good as can be. Removing all gameplay and forcing you to look at the plot moving the action just highlights that the people making video games are not screenwriters.
>>
>>68882913
>is it decent?

nah. the sad this about it is that you can clearly see that so much talent went into the game but ultimately whoever was in the wheel mishandled it and ruined it all.
>>
The Phoenix Wright movie was good even if you're not a fan of the game.
>>
Angry birds will save vidya kino
>>
Is this the beginning Nerdkino?
>>
Assassin's Creed might be decent if Justin Kurzel gets full creative control but this is a multi-million video game movie we're talking about. His Macbeth was fantastic.
>>
video games are already so cinematic, a video game movie is just going to feel like the worst parts of playing a game.
>>
>>68885539
this
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqy4oeiO34Q
>>
Super Mario movie was undisputed kino
>>
>>68883830
I really hope it fails

Maybe then Blizzard will fix the joke that is WoW. They're removing all zone leveling requirements and will be able to level in any zone you want as a level 1. They've been making horrible decisions ruining my game for this dumb movie. They think that adding selfie cameras/facebook games will make it more likely that the movie will attract a ''new'' audience to the game. They're complete fucking morons
>>
File: BRAVO METZEN.jpg (164 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
BRAVO METZEN.jpg
164 KB, 500x333
>>68882714
VIDYAKINO INCOMING
>>
there is absolutely no way this is bad. this cannot be on the same level as bloodrayne, or mortal kombat.
>>
>>68886865
MK was great faggot
>>
>>68886088
>They're removing all zone leveling requirements and will be able to level in any zone you want as a level 1
C-Come on, please tell me you're baiting, anon
>>
>>68887680
He is baiting.
They are only doing that in the new continent
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.