[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder: If you don't like this movie you have poor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: alien3.jpg (6 KB, 189x300) Image search: [Google]
alien3.jpg
6 KB, 189x300
Daily reminder: If you don't like this movie you have poor taste

>Beautiful cinematography
>Excellent acting
>Unique story line
>Encapsulating soundtrack score
>>
>>68880847
i want to puke. i bet you liked AvP2
>>
guess i have poor taste
>>
File: 1461715821465.gif (2 MB, 350x242) Image search: [Google]
1461715821465.gif
2 MB, 350x242
It's definitely flawed, but I appreciate it for its good qualities
>>
>>68880847
“Oh it was just awful. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me. Look, it would be stupid for me to say that I didn’t know what I was getting into. It took me five years to decide what I wanted to do and I always held out for something on this scale because I like this kind of canvas, I like the scope of this kind of thing.”

“The lesson to be learned is that you really can’t take on an enterprise of this size and scope if you don’t really have a movie like The Terminator or Jaws behind you. When Steven Spielberg comes in and says, ‘I made Jaws, the biggest grossing film of all time and I want $18 million to do Close Encounters,’ which is probably the equivalent to what we spent, it’s very nice to be able to say ‘This is the guy who directed the biggest grossing film of all time. Sit down and shut up, and feel lucky that you’ve got him.”

“It’s another thing when everybody’s wringing their handkerchiefs and sweating and puking blood because of the money that’s being spent and you’re going ‘Trust me, this is what I really believe in’ and they turn around and say ‘Well, who the fuck are you, who cares what you believe in?’”

-David Fincher

The Director has poor taste.
>>
theatrical > assembly

the only thing assembly is good for is for a few additional matte paintings
>>
>>68880847
There's something in the air of the movie, so dense, you can even smell the sweat of Fincher armpits with all the decisions he made along the movie. Nobody believes in it. But it's still a good film. Strange, atypical.
>>
>>68881006
“Oh God, if you could only read the original story. It just makes me weep. It was difficult for me to meet Paul McGann because I was such a big fan. What happened was a test screening audience of 18-year-old kids in Long Beach, California decided that they weren’t interested in what happened to Golic. They weren’t interested in what he gave the movie.”
>>
>>68881024
“They look at these movies like a franchise. There are people, who shall remain nameless, that I was bumping into as I was trying to put this thing together. who were putting the experience into a really interesting kind of perspective. They were saying ‘Look, you could have somebody piss against the wall for two hours and call it Alien 3 and it’s going to do $30 million worth of business, you can’t keep people away. They’re going to go the first night to see what it is.’”

-David Fincher
>>
>>68881057
his inclusion was okay, but I hated how the assembly cut all but castrated the movie from the theatrical version's bite

and whoever decided to exchange the disturbing and perfectly edited birthing scene of the dog to an ox cadaver, needs to be capped in the knees
>>
>>68881152
It's an Illuminati thing. We praise the Ox. you know the Big Dipper, that was originally the Calf Leg. The effigy that moses casts the 2 tablets into was that of an Oxen, which interestingly enough, is what got misinterpreted as a unicorn.

Cool eh?
>>
>>68880999
Alien3 fags BTFO
Also, nice trips
>>
Alien3 is one of those rare cases where I am forced to aknowledge that scripts are an important part of filmmaking.
>>
File: alienrobot.jpg (47 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
alienrobot.jpg
47 KB, 700x467
Resurrection is better
>>
>>68882994
Hey, you've gone too far.
>>
>>68882994
You want to fuck Winona, the movie itself is bad.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.