[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BRAVO MARVEL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: DERP.jpg (405 KB, 1586x1636) Image search: [Google]
DERP.jpg
405 KB, 1586x1636
Avengers Assemble
>Cap: "We have orders... we should follow them."
>Tony: "Following orders was never really my style."

Captain America: Civil War
>Tony: "We need to be put in check."

Uh, so what the fuck happened?

Tony Spent the entire franchise being the rogue loner and now he's "The Man"? Did the studio get these characters mixed up?

Is this really what people are trying to hold over BvS, whose characters were at least CONSISTENT?
>>
>>68877816
just had a thread on this, PTSD from The Avengers, why he spent Iron Man 3 building a shit tonne of suits worried about all the problems, and then Winter Solider he wasn't in Hydra almost killing a million people in minuts.
>>
>>68877816
>Uh, so what the fuck happened?

You mean other than him being effected by nearly dying alone in space, and his anti-authority approach leading to near disaster in both IM3 and Ultron?
>>
>>68877816
People hold over BvS that it crammed
>5 oring stories
>3 comics
>give the reveal supermans back, AT THE START OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE, like ANYONE believes that after they showed they could bring Zod back..
>the way super man died was by the method one can revive a kryptonian
>the rest is nit picking, like lex being shitty villain, or the film is so full of jump cuts it has no time to breath, or batman killing people...
>>
>>68877816
>BvS, whose characters were at least CONSISTENT
a little too consistent, imo. Superman has yet to grow as a character, meanwhile Cap and Tony have evolved over the course of these movies.
>>
>I don't know what character development is

-OP the faggot
>>
>>68877990
cap hasn't evolved, characters have evolved around him
>>
>>68877816
Cap lost his faith in the government in TWS, and Tony lost faith on himself after failing so many times.
>>
>>68878002
Watch your mouth before I tell the mods you're harassing me
>>
>>68877816
Tony is just ambitious. He already conquered the free market, now he wants to try out authoritarianism.
>>
>>68877816
It's the tone. BvS went for a serious tone, so any mistakes and issues are amplified.

Marvel does not have a serious tone, their movies are basically cartoons. You don't expect any more logic from a Marvel film then you do for an episode of your favorite cartoon as kid, so they get a pass.

It's a good business strategy.
>>
>Gordon Jr: Batman? Batman! Why's he running dad?
>Cap: He seems to run on some form of electricity!

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>68877816
After Avengers Tony got ptsd, He then got scared that he couldn't save the world. Made Ultron and was responsible for all the damage he caused. After that he changes his mind because he realized that they should be accountable for their actions as heroes.

Ptsd is a helluva drug
>>
I don't buy the bullshit PTSD excuse from Iron Man 3. I just don't. He was in an even more traumatic situation in Iron Man, yet he managed to get out of it all right (but with a changed world view).

All the character development from the first Iron Man was thrown out the window in the subsequent Marvel movies.
>>
File: This.jpg (1 MB, 1517x4469) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
1 MB, 1517x4469
>>68877816
>>
>>68878036

Cap's evolved from Good Loyal Soldier Fighting The Good Fight, to following orders hoping it would fill in the hole left in his life by him being dumped into the modern day, to now openly questioning the authority and judgement of ruling bodies.

Especially when some of those orders being handed down involve his one final remaining link to his old life now that Peggy has died.
>>
>>68877816
That was before hydra ruined everything cap believed in about the government.
>>
Watch the other movies.

All of these positions are fully developed and contextualized via the whole MCU.

complain about the money grubbing if you want, but don't complain that it isn't explained.
>>
>>68878164
The guy was alone in space, seeing a bunch of shit, new things beyond his knowledge, he tried to call the woman he loved one last time but nothing happened, he was going to die alone here.
>>
>>68878168
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68878164

The events of Iron Man changed his views (eg, being an arms profiteer is kinda bad) but his solution was all about himself. He's the hotshot hero who can fix things.

It's not until the incident in New York that he is confronted by a threat that utterly outclasses him and puts his own mortality front and center, and his attempts to 'solve' that are extremely damaging.
>>
>>68878164
The PTSD was because in Avengers, for the first time, he accepted his death. No getting out of, he wasn't expecting to come back from that.

I mean when you grab onto a nuke, that should be something you think.
>>
File: I'm just saying current year.jpg (23 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
I'm just saying current year.jpg
23 KB, 450x250
>>68877892
>effected
>not affected
Motherfucker learn the difference between those two words.
>>68877816
They are consistent if you think about it. Cap learns that government agencies can be controlled and just because they are organized doesn't exclude them from corruption. I mean they kept his best friend a secret from him and if I remember correctly even sent him to kill him.
Tony in Avengers two unleashed a force that almost wiped out the world and at the very least lead to the death of many people. It's understandable that he'd be feeling guilty about his actions. The role reversal makes sense and both of them have good reasons.
>>
>>68877816
Iron Man:
>Then: Pursuing justice on his own terms
>Now: Answering to authority
Captain America:
>Then: Answering to Authority
>Now: Pursuing justice on his own terms

The character arcs form an x. The center point being The Avengers, where they were cooperative enough and didn't conflict as much as they do now.
>>
Iron Man has no powers, so they're making him meme god
>>
>>68878452
He meant
>Captain America: Civil Warâ„¢
>>
>>68878519
How do you make that tm thing smaller?
>>
>>68878452
Tony Stark hasn't seen Steve Rogers' dark side yet.
>>
>>68877816

It's called character development
>>
>>68878620
Bucky does every night.
>>
>>68878615
ALT+0153 on the keypad :)
>>
>>68878452
Maybe tony feels like, after the failure in wakanda, steve is only focused on the mission (soldiers mind) without thinking about the others around him . Tony knows a possibility that could happen from his visions if they continues this self-justice part.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxkdS4TfGBo
>>
>>68878502
Too bad they can't make it seem mirror to add an interesting character development and all you're left with is a really awesome action movie to watch with spider-man and ant man... and iron man... and scarjo.... and like a bunch of other really done comic book heroes that don't make you want to yell at the screen "MARTHA? MARTHA? REALLY? MARTHA?"
>>
>>68878620
Chris Evans can throw that dark side back at me if you know what I mean.

I mean his butt on my penis.
>>
>>68878519
No, he meant:
>Iron Man v. Captain America: Why Are Mommy and Daddy Fighting?â„¢
>>
KEKš––LÑAO
>>
>>68878643
;)

>>68878688
>not taking Cap's penis
what a fag.
>>
>>68878706
The movie from the perspective of Vision and Wanda?
>>
>>68878681
I know and people say it's just Iron-Man 3 that talks about this character development in tony, yet here is really a well done off putting scene. I thought it was done really well in how silent it was.

You'd expect modern day movies/tv shows to have a bunch of hard string chords clashing next to brass stringers to reveal the RING3 soundtrack, but they do it so well, for such a SHORT scene that really shows Tony's new character.
>>
File: 290348723.jpg (445 KB, 1273x1800) Image search: [Google]
290348723.jpg
445 KB, 1273x1800
>>68878706
>I'm kino
What did she mean by this?
>>
File: 2nimfzs.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
2nimfzs.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>68878738
>>
>>68878772
It's better watching it the second time. Honestly the plot and subtle things in Age of Ultron were too subtle. It's not a very good movie because of that. But it benefits from a second watch.
>>
>>68878837
lol a nigger
>>
>>68878620
I wouldn't mind seeing his dark side. And by dark side I mean his very impressive penis.
>>
>>68878876
>BvS is too deep for people to get
>so is AoU
I don't know if I like this trend.
>>
>>68878932
That's not what I meant.
>>
>>68877816
>make a scene with a black woman that lost her son to enforce this very reasoning

OP is either a child, has the intelect of a child or simply didn't see the movie
>>
>>68878910
>Getting fucked
now who's the fag?
>>
>>68877990
Dude, Superma has only 2 movies on record.

Cap is like 5/6.

People is yelling at DC comic because wants to create LORE and actually RAPRESENT the Superhero COMIC INTO MOVIES, not making an action spoof with bad cgi "just because le so epic meme", appealing to the mainstream Disney family brain.

Just give it time, people will love the DC universe when it will be completed.
>>
>>68879014
>not making an action spoof with bad cgi "just because le so epic meme"
Then why is this exactly what MoS and BvS are?
>>
>>68878987
I'm a girl.
>>
>>68878987
>now who's the fag?

The guy who doesn't take the Cap
>>
>>68879014
>People is yelling at DC comic because wants to create LORE and actually RAPRESENT the Superhero COMIC INTO MOVIES

I've felt like they've been avoiding it's roots since MoS.

>not making an action spoof with bad cgi "just because le so epic meme"

Literally the putrid shit that was BvS
>>
>>68878987
>getting some freedom is gay
Spotted the non-American
>>
File: michelle-shoulders-and-head.png (258 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
michelle-shoulders-and-head.png
258 KB, 600x469
>>68879064
Sure. Show us your shoulders.
>>
>>68879090
I'm gonna take him alright. Right up main street show him all the nice things there.
>>
>>68877816
in the comics tony is the leader of shield and captain america decided to fight for the opposition because the government was acting like a dick about the whole thing
>>
>>68877816
And in the end he still didn't follow orders.
>>
File: 1456179293_donald.gif (2 MB, 506x357) Image search: [Google]
1456179293_donald.gif
2 MB, 506x357
>>68879118
I'm very american.
>>
>>68879014
The problem is that SuperCuck vs ScatMan was almost universally panned. The DCU currently consists only of MoS and BvS. Neither of which were critically well received.

The MCU on the other-hand was well received when it started. There have been sub-par entries like IM2/3 and the Thors, but I don't think any have gotten less than 50% since Daredevil and that was never part of the MCU. And Ghost Rider, lol
>>
>>68877816
he actually lists all of his fuck ups in civil war, tony is someone who wants to do good so desperatly but fucked up everytime, now he just wants to put the weight of his shoulders
>>
>>68879196
I don't think The Incredible Hulk did that well though.
>>
Honestly i enjoyed the whole movie. It was long but needed the length in order to set the story up and run it through. Bucky was abit overpowered and being able to outrun Cap and Black Panther was strange.
Evans looked alot smaller in this one then before, especially during the funeral stuff.
Scarlet Witch and Vison were nerfed to shit but thats acceptable considdering the scale they have to bring it to without Thor or Hulk being there. 0 Thanos stuff though which was dissapointing and Thunderbolt was swinging his dick a little too hard against people who can wreck litterly everything he has in a afternoon. including Hawkeye
>>
>>68879224
You're right. It got 67%
However, does it count as part of the MCU because of Edward Norton?
Oh wait, that was the one with Tony Stark at the end, right? Guess it pretty much counts.
>>
>>68879290
Spoiler alert, nigra. Still I'm sad to hear Scarlet witch was nerfed. weird witch girl is on of my top 3 favorite memes.
>>
File: 1461807978647.png (430 KB, 1403x665) Image search: [Google]
1461807978647.png
430 KB, 1403x665
>>68877816
>>
>>68877816
>Vanko in IM2
>PTSD in IM3
>Ultron in AoU

That shit can change a man's perspective.
>>
>>68879290
I wouldn't say Vision got nerfed. He was just playing nice. As soon as he started using his soul gem, he very nearly killed War Machine.

Spiderman was beating the shit out of Falcon and Bucky. He caught Bucky's metal fist (which even causes Iron-Man problems) and wasn't even slightly threatened.

Btw, how did Bucky and Falcon get free of Spiderman's webbing? It just sort of happens offscreen.
>>
>>68879328
>Spoiler alert, nigra.
Its a TV thread about the movie. don't join it and you wont be spoiled
>>
>>68879306
Yea, it sort of counts. The general idea of the Hulk is canon. But the Hulk got a soft reboot with Mark Ruffalo, since the character is significantly different and met Tony Stark for the first time in the Avengers. I'd say the incredible Hulk is a half-canon origin story that got a small reboot to fit the MCU.
>>
>>68879306
>does it count as part of the MCU because of Edward Norton?
It's the second movie in the MCU, Norton or no. Just like Iron Man 1 is still in the MCU after they switched the guy who plays Rhodey.
>>
>>68878681
>steve is only focused on the mission (soldiers mind) without thinking about the others around him
Funny considering he couldn't be more wrong.

Steves entire shtick at the end of AoU is to trying to protect the people around them.
>>
>>68879350
Redwing?
>>
>>68879064
Get out roastie
>>
>>68879367
It's a Tv thread about the premise of the movie as already revealed by trailers you fucking retarded butthole.
>>
>>68879371
He doesn't meet Stark in TIH either. It's Ross that meets him at the end. They just changed actors
>>
>>68879290
Scarlet Witch in the MCU doesn't have probability manipulating powers (yet?). She just has some kind of telekinesis mixed with "magic".

Bucky was WAY too fast.
>>
File: michelles-penis1.jpg?w=670.jpg (302 KB, 670x465) Image search: [Google]
michelles-penis1.jpg?w=670.jpg
302 KB, 670x465
>>68879384
>roastie
Implying she doesn't has a feminine dick.
>>
>>68879397
OHH my bad, I remembered that incorrectly.
>>
>implying Wanda won't use her reality warping powers when everyone is dead by the hands of thanos
Come on cucks this is pretty obvious
>>

every event after he said this including new york in the avengers
>>
>>68879378
Oh true, I guess.
Don't know why Redwing inconvenienced Spidey so much. Just tossed him out the window which is where Spidey is like 90% of the time swinging around NYC. Just fire a web and get back inside?

>>68879397
Ross is in Civil War as himself as well, so definitely canon. Just switched the Hulk actor.

BTW, did Civil War imply that Cap America broke into the Raft on his own (sans shield) and managed to free everyone? I'm disappointed that it happened so easily.
>>
>>68879128
Why would someone make this image
>>
>>68879390
Rhodie gets a broken spine.
Hydra has 5 other winter soliders who are same level as Bucky
Barenzeemo is mad over Sakovia cuz avengers saved 7 billion people insead of 7 billion and 2
Bucky killed MARTHA and FonDuu
Vison and SW flirt and he looses focus which is why rhodie gets shot down
Peggie Dies.

Suck my dick
>>
>>68879488
Because her shoulders are 3 heads wide. Women's shoulders are 2.5 heads wide. It proves michelle obama has a dick.
>>
>>68879398
Yehh, chances are they want her there for Vison but aren't keen on bringing out her 'true potential' untill Thanos rocks up and starts bitch slapping everyone
>>
>>68879494
Thanks for spoilering.
>>
>>68879474
>Don't know why Redwing inconvenienced Spidey so much. Just tossed him out the window which is where Spidey is like 90% of the time swinging around NYC. Just fire a web and get back inside?
Redwing basically dragged him out, then there was no point in him swinging back since his job was just to tie Falcon and Bucky down. Basically, he was crowd control.

>Ross is in Civil War as himself as well, so definitely canon. Just switched the Hulk actor.
They also referenced TIH in IM2 when Fury mentions the Avengers initiative and all the incidents with the powered people. Think it's the first time we see a reference to Black Panther as well.

>BTW, did Civil War imply that Cap America broke into the Raft on his own (sans shield) and managed to free everyone? I'm disappointed that it happened so easily.
Yes. Broke everyone out and got them to Wakanda
>>
>>68879529
Why would a Muslim marry a transwoman? Isn't that haram
>>
>>68879456
I feel like they're trying to build her up as the main female Avenger instead of Widow now. Wonder if they'll somehow include her in Strange
>>
File: message from batman.jpg (88 KB, 546x521) Image search: [Google]
message from batman.jpg
88 KB, 546x521
>>68879494
Clarification:

1- Rhodie is probably gonna be fine seeing as Stark gave him fancy leg braces. And then there's the fact that Tony was once crippled in the comics and was able to function perfectly fine in his suit. So it was a fairly minor casualty that mainly serves as lining up something with Vision later on.

2- That's basically a red herring. They all die before even waking up.

3- Baron Zemo is not a baron. He's more upset that the Avengers said ggwp and went home instead of staying and helping with post-disaster efforts. If they had, then maybe he wouldn't have been quite so upset about his dead family.

4- Yes.

5- Also yes. Implies that he's less of a machine than he thought. Also, his soul gem is maybe fucking with his programming?
>>
>>68879578
I don't know about him being a muslim but he's definitely gay. Michelle used to be called michael. Sometimes he slips up and called him it still. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alUqpt8VaWc
>>
>>68877816
>Characters arent allowed to change and have an arc over a like 5-6 movie basis

lmao ok bud
>>
>>68879578
He's only a Muslim ironically
>>
Age of Ultron.
>>
>>68879604
>I feel like they're trying to build her up as the main female Avenger instead of Widow now.

Good.
>>
>>68879711
This.
Can't wait for Waspfu to join the team too.
>>
>>68879711
This. No hetero.
>>
File: Do you even know how to punch.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Do you even know how to punch.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>68879744
She'll kick all their asses.
>>
>>68879604
>wanda on strange movie
Strange teaching Wanda magic in the credit scene is possible.
>>
>>68878168
Slammed in the Butt by my own Iron Man Suit
>>
>>68879796
Vision is not going to like that.
>>
>>68879841
Well maybe he should have stepped up and marked his ground other than being a little beta and making her dinner
>>
>>68879846
How could he even compete with the Sorcerer Supreme? Nobody is more alpha than that.
>>
File: rememberthis.jpg (3 MB, 1920x3232) Image search: [Google]
rememberthis.jpg
3 MB, 1920x3232
Captain: Stark will take of it.

Wanda: No he won't. Stark will do anything to make it right.

Captain: You don't know what you're talking about. Stark's not crazy.
>>
>>68879929
Dormmamu (sp?) could.
>>
>>68877816
I really wonder if this is bait or just a really stupid person. Looks like another mad DCfag.
That's one of the main points of the movie, idiot, after the other movies these characters shifted their views dramatically,
>>
>>68879929
>Nobody is more alpha than that.
Captain Freedom is
>>
File: 1468523656.png (296 KB, 587x423) Image search: [Google]
1468523656.png
296 KB, 587x423
>>68879841
Maybe he shouldn't have been whiny faggot and imprisoned her in Avengers HQ, and the in the Raft.
He blew his chances with his waifu.
>>
>>68880065
Up till now, he's been doing what he's been told. After he shot War Machine to shit, I think he'll start showing more individuality. Born Beta but Alpha-in-training.
>>
does anyone have the Batman v Superman rotten tomatoes vs Civil War rotten tomatoes picture? I really need it and I don't have it

please and thank you
>>
>>68880103
motherfucking kill yourself
>>
>>68880109
dcfag detected.
>>
File: capeshitfus.png (4 MB, 1913x1133) Image search: [Google]
capeshitfus.png
4 MB, 1913x1133
>>68880103
I'm sorry, we are discussing waifus, the company war armory is in the archives.
>>
>>68880159
Where's the new Aunt May???
She's banging as all hell.
>>
>>68880261
Yeah, the pic is from a year ago, has to be updated.
>>
>>68877816
SJWs
>>
>>68880159
That needs to be fixed. It's got Kata Mara's name under Rose Byrne's picture
>>
>>68879578
>why would a man who lies about everything lie about his "woman"

dunno
>>
>>68880065
REDDED
>>
>>68877816
>creating yet another thread when another thread that just autosaged an hour or so ago answered it all

you people must be literally underage
>>
>>68877816
>what is character development?

1830s
Republicans: We need a bigger government
Democrats: Big governments aren't really my style

2010s
Democrats: We need an even bigger government
>>
>>68877816
You know there were 6 movies between these two films right?
>>
Is it better than winter soldier or ant man?
>>
>>68882560
better than WS, not as good as Ant Man
>>
>>68877816
BRAVO MARVEL
i just saw this and they pulled a MARTHA MOVE
hes a letter for tony = we just became best friends
fuck capekino
>>
File: MCU vs. DCCU.jpg (921 KB, 3100x1713) Image search: [Google]
MCU vs. DCCU.jpg
921 KB, 3100x1713
>>68880103
>>
>>68882797
>doesn't even use dark knight or any of the other dc movies
>>
>>68882828

>reading comprehension

"Cinematic Universe"
>>
>>68877892
>Creating a protectorate that would police the world
>Anti authority
This is why you don't deserve a smart Marvel movie.
>>
File: 1460154006836.gif (927 KB, 339x192) Image search: [Google]
1460154006836.gif
927 KB, 339x192
>That whole airport fight scene
>If someone gets hits everyone just gets around and "OH SORRY I DIDN'T MEANT TO ARE YOU OKAY?"
>Civil WAR
>>
File: 1459038311268.jpg (119 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459038311268.jpg
119 KB, 1205x1285
>>68877816
>>
File: citizen_cane.gif (287 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
citizen_cane.gif
287 KB, 480x360
>>68879989
>>
Where will MCU go after Infinity War?
Will we ever get an Anihilation movie?
>>
>>68883183
Secret Wars. Tony = Reed Thanos = Doom
>>
>>68883488
>nuSecret Wars
For what fucking purpose? It was a shit event
>>
>>68877816
>Tony Spent the entire franchise being the rogue loner
It actual was hinted that this wasn't really his desire.
Consider the following: Ultron was a more extreme and honest version of Tony without constraints.
Ultron never wanted to be alon. He always needed someone to talk to.
This is why he needed the twins by his side.
This is why he didn't killed Black Widow. He even said to her, he hasn't anyone talking to anymore.
Tony most of the time tries to hide his true self from the other. Like he didn't tell Pepper, that he was dying, or his intention with the scepter, even if he considered what he was doing as justified.
>>
>>68879064
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>68877816
>BvS characters
>Consistent

You mistake consistency to bad writing. Supes doesnt even develop after 2 movies and dcucks unironically like it.

And congratulations, with that post you just pointed out how characters actually develop throughout the movies.
>>
>>68882984
Why do dcucks really want to see characters die? Hack Snyder killed Superman twice in one movie, and he's still coming back.
>>
File: 1435666423636.jpg (30 KB, 321x320) Image search: [Google]
1435666423636.jpg
30 KB, 321x320
>>68877816
they're fucking super hero movies dude
>>
>>68882797

>guardians of the galaxy better than winter soldier

wewewewewewew lads
>>
>>68877816

Cap realized the guys whos orders he was following were corrupt and everyone from the white house down was infested by nazi remnants and he had a wake up call.

Tony realized that after he built a robot that almost wiped out humanity they need to take another look at the whole autonomous superperson thing
>>
File: 1457574902783.png (110 KB, 269x378) Image search: [Google]
1457574902783.png
110 KB, 269x378
>stark doesn't even yell at Bucky nor Cap when he finds out that his parents were murdered by Bucky and Cap knew the whole time
The whole scene was roaring for a stronger rage from start. It just never came.
>>
>>68886975
he's just not the kind of to scream like that
I admit though that it would have been very powerful for that exact reason
>>
>>68880065
>those subtitles:
>"All of you watch as I give this curvy meatsack a hot robo-dicking."
>>
>>68878791
>that poster
After seeing the movie, it's weird to see how all the promotional materials show the Avengers facing off each other while actually they all got outplayed by Zemo in the end. God damn, that Zemo makes me diamond hard. No character, hero nor villain, is more based than Zemo in the MCU so far.
>>
>>68882625
Ant-Man was fucking awful though.
>>
Because by the time CW comes around, Stark has fucked up more times than anyone else

He needs an officially sanctioned government shield from criticism, one that will also nicely spread blame away from him while he can continue being an asshole doing whatever he likes.
>>
>>68877816
HEY!

74 people died when aliens attacked New York for no reason.

It. Changed. Everything.
>>
>finally watch the airport fight
>all that goddamn giggling

Holy shit the fucks were even giggling at the non "funny" parts too
>>
>>68878002
neither does marvel
>>
>>68877816
Character development and Hydra
>>
>>68877816
Ultron happened. Do you not understand character development and motivations? God, you're a dumbfuck.
>>
>>68888135
Except they do.
>>
>>68879375
>Steves entire shtick at the end of AoU is to trying to protect the people around them.
Yeah because of the situation/mission to stop Ultron. Once Bucky reappeared he drops everything and brings danger to the whole team just to save his brainwashed assassin friend.
>>
File: 1431713562604.jpg (418 KB, 817x1222) Image search: [Google]
1431713562604.jpg
418 KB, 817x1222
>>68877882
gee its not like tony created ultron in the first place which resulted to casualty
>>
>>68883183
Hopefully, they'll get the Fantastic Four rights back before then so they can start Phase 4 with a Fantastic Four movie that establishes Dr Doom as the primary antagonist for the entire phase.
If Dr. Strange is a success then I can see him being the new lead for the MCU, instead of Tony.
The Sokovia Accords will most definitely get repealed sometime before or during Infinity War.
>>
>>68877816

Cap realised Shield was compromise by Hyrda And Tony build Ultron. Simple
>>
>>68887418
I think it worked better this way, downplay the importance of Zemo in the promotional material so the ending has a bigger impact on the viewer.
>>
>>68879494
>Peggie Dies.
Yeah but that was kinda predictable. She already had Dementia in winter soldier and was already pushing for 90+. So I wasn't that surprise that she kicked the bucket.
>>
>>68877816
Ultron
>>
>>68877816
Organic character growth as a consequence of their reflective arcs throughout their movies?
>>
>>68890132
lets turn on the meme magic and make it so that civil war has the same fate so we'll finally get rid of capeshit
>>
https://youtu.be/4cR6Xa6fEAg

Here watch this video it will explain OPs question.
>>
>>68880159
>j-law's name there twice
Oh well.
>>
>>68890147
>Organic

His whole personality just turned on a dime.
>>
>>68891166
No it didn't.
You could have an argument if your point was that Civil War pretty much requires you to have watched the other MCU flicks, Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron being the most important.
>>
They actually make Tony likable and somehow sympathetic in CW, I don't know how it takes so long for this to happen in the MCU.

That shield, my father made it. Give it back you are not worthy!

That scene got me real hard. ;_;
>>
>>68877816
Civil War is a good movie, BvS is not. Get over it.
>>
>>68891240
I really dislike Iron Manlet.
>>
File: jokerrr-1.jpg (11 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
jokerrr-1.jpg
11 KB, 352x240
>>68877816
>characters can't evolve nor change their opinions.
>>
>>68891341
This is a DC friend we're talking about
>>
>>68879789

>dat hairy arm
>>
>>68877816
Because of the nigger who confronted him that their action killed another nigger from a white country thats why in short white guilt made it happened.
>>
So how do the avengers get back together after all the shit that happens in this movie
Is it just kinda like uhh yeah sorry my bad huh and they just brush it off or whats gonna happen
>>
>>68891841
They dont.
The movie ends with a profound split that will likely remain until Infinity War.
>>
>>68891841

Team Tony (-minus Widow) is the officially sanctioned team Avengers. Team Cap are wanted people that broke out of prison and are hiding out in Wakanda.
>>
>>68891903
Yeah thats what i mean
How do they get back for infinity war
>>
>>68892059

Because Cap sent Tony a phone and a letter saying they'll be there for him whenever needed. So Thanos just needs to fuck some shit up enough for Tony to put his ego aside and ask for help.
>>
>>68892059
>Thanos comes to Earth to get the Mind Gem (and maybe some others)
>kills Vision
>Tony calls Cap
There.
Cap's letter to Tony is basically "When Thanos comes to wreck shit, call me" in terms of the MCU.
>>
File: 11059227_229463b.jpg (64 KB, 531x490) Image search: [Google]
11059227_229463b.jpg
64 KB, 531x490
>it's a BvS fan literally doesn't know character development when they see it thread
>>
File: León.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
León.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
>>68879334
>hurr durr if you don't like Marvelshit then you're a dc cuck Xd
>>
>>68878132
I actually agree with this. Tony its the only avenger that has any arc whatsoever. Its not bright, its not genius, but its well stablished and it makes sense.
>>
>>68877816
It's almost like characters are supposed to evolve and grow due to experiences...not that DC would know anything about that.
>>
Anyone else think this movie was ruined by the fact that Disney were too chicken shit to actually kill people? A Captain America assassination scene right at the end and Bucky picking up the shield in the after-credits would have been better than the stupid monologue ending.
>>
>>68877816
>character development is bad now

Holy shit
>>
Honestly i think it's great how they developed both characters, Cap and Tony.
I wonder what they will do after IW or even now in phase 3 when both characters will not have such a big impact on so many movies, i can't imagine other heroes getting so good character development.
>>
>>68878620
%%Darkseid%%.
>>
>>68893952
f uck
>>
File: 7345745.gif (2 MB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
7345745.gif
2 MB, 500x270
i hope they make both of them gay for each other just like in the cartoon in IW
>>
>>68893741
But Cap wasn't entirely in the good or right side in this movie. If they killed him here, his story would've ended in failure and served no purpose for his arc. Cap dies in the Civil War comic after he realized his mistake. I think if they're gonna kill him, it would be in IW, where he finally resolves everything so he can have a glorious death.
>>
>>68877816

You could criticize a lot of things about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but the characterization of Captain America and Iron man acting like this isn't one of them.

In fact, the way it's been set up over several fucking movies leads to this logical point, and you're being a retarded memester attempting to engage in serious critique using buzzwords and random all caps.

See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cR6Xa6fEAg

Truly there is no inconsistency with the characters clashing in this particular way. And it's actually very interesting for an MCU movie, because it shows that your ideals can take you places very far from where you were initially.
>>
File: robert-downey-junior.jpg (50 KB, 321x600) Image search: [Google]
robert-downey-junior.jpg
50 KB, 321x600
>>68877816
D R O P P E D
>>
>>68894075
I thought Stucky was the more popular ship now
>>
File: 1460739468594.jpg (104 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1460739468594.jpg
104 KB, 620x670
>>68877816
DCucks too stupid to understand actual character development
>>
File: 7345899.png (245 KB, 403x483) Image search: [Google]
7345899.png
245 KB, 403x483
>>68894986
maybe on tumblr but not in the comics or cartoons
>>
>>68877816
The characters have changed.

Captain America has found out that he can't trust the government (see Captain America 2). Meanwhile, Iron Man was traumatized by the ending of Avengers (see Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2).
>>
I know it sounds strange, but characters change over time when big things happen to them.

Tony suffers from PTSD after going through the wormhole, begins obsessing over saving the world singlehandely and creates an insane killer AI that blows up in his face, and is back to being seen as a mass murderer in the public's eye at the end of AOU.

By the start of CW, he gets his faults shoved in his face, hates himself, and is ready to suck the government's dick to atone for his sins.
>>
>>68882625
I liked Ant-man, but I still don't see why people put it on a pedestal.

In any case, it's one of the best movies in the MCU to date.
>>
>>68882984
That stuff makes the whole battle all the better.

They're a group of friends being played against one another, those little remarks are made lightheartedly and played for fun, but they're meant to highlight the fact that what's happening is actually pretty tragic.
>>
Real reviews are coming in guys

>>68895070
>>
guys here's a camrip of civil war in spanish, if anyone knows about an english one or has subtitles for this please share PLEASE

https://kat.cr/captain-america-civil-war-2016-cam-latino-xvid-gnula-t12514892.html
>>
>>68879789
Is she in the new flicka?
>>
>>68877816
I'd imagine it was better explained in the comics
>>
Typical DCuck wants his comic book characters to stagnate.
>>
>>68877816
Tony's character arc is fantastic.

By the time of Avengers Assemble, he's come out of solving all his problems on his own and repeatedly telling the government to suck it up. His confidence knows no bounds.

In Iron Man 3, he's grown paranoid and the idea of being a hero consumes him. He almost loses everything and in the end decides he wants out.

In Age of Ultron, the method he had thought of for getting out of the hero thing while at the same time feeling safe completely backfires on him, and he feels the responsibility of every death caused by Ultron.

So by Civil War, he's pretty much given up on everything else and has decided that he can't quite give up being a hero, but he decides that he should let the government handle the accountability because he knows how dangerous the Avengers (and he himself) can be. He's stopped trying to handle the problem on his own.

By the end of Civil War, he's very broken and has lost pretty much everything dear to him, but decides to return to the Avengers compound because it's the closest thing he's go to a home, even though all his family by this point consists of the equally broken Rhodes and Vision. He's also come to a balance between listening to the government and doing what he thinks is right.
>>
>>68898097
what do you think would be a good end to his arc?
>>
>>68898097
Excellently put. I don't get why there's an issue with his character changing and developing more over the course of 8 years and 6 Iron Man/Avengers/Civil War movies.
>>
>>68898097
>someone actually said Tony's arc is 'fantastic' then wrote the most blatant shit that everyone already knew like he had decoded a top secret
>this thread has 205 posts
Is this board full of underaged kids? All capeshit needs to move to /co/ so badly
>>
>>68898304
Quite clearly OP didn't get it, so I summed it up for him, faggot.

>>68898192
I honestly have no idea. I'm just looking forward to how he puts the Avengers and himself back on their feet.
>>
>>68898304
Tell that to OP and half of the shitposters in this thread. You really need to apply yourself when you b8.
>>
After Tony said that, he built Ultron and destroyed an entire city.

After Steve said that, the people he took orders from turned out to be plotting the death of millions of innocents.

2/10 made me reply.
>>
>>68898398
>>68898097
Tony or Cap is definitely going to die in Infinity War Part 2, although Cap dying would be a better end to his arc than Tony dying would be to his.
Tony Stark is going to get chosen as the Secretary of State to succeed Thunderbolt Ross in Infinity War Part 2 after Ross establishes The Thunderbolts as Red Hulk
>>
so how did scarlet bitch stump vision? that was right out ludicrous.
>>
>>68898904
Easily, Wanda is stronger than Vision.
>>
>>68898904
Didn't she just make him super dense? It seemed like she was doing something to his gem.
>>
>>68879989
My dick can't tell the difference between her pussy and her ass. Where do you think it gets that?
>>
REE FUCK OFF CAPESHITTERS
>>
>>68877816
The sooner you learn to stop caring about retarded capeshit characters the sooner your life will get back on track.
>>
>>68877816
>Is this really what people are trying to hold over BvS, whose characters were at least CONSISTENT?
>DC Damage Control yet again
holy shit kill yourself faggot, the movie came out, it sucked, man of steel sucked, the castings for the rest of the franchise sucks, get the fuck over it
>>
>>68877816
>>68877816
They're both seeing each other's faces recoiling in horror at the world they've created.
>>
>>68877816
>Did the studio get these characters mixed up?

no that's literally what he's like in the comics
>>
>>68877949
>>5 origin stories
From some shitty videos?
>>3 comics
Nobody cares
>>give the reveal supermans back, AT THE START OF THE JUSTICE LEAGUE,
>JUSTice league
Literally nobody cares, DCucks playing ketchup
>>
>>68877816
Well that would be really grasping straws, my main problem with CW is that besides the fact that is a disney movie and they will always play it safe.. There's really nothing that made me think even for a split second that somebody was in real danger, the brawl between heroes (which most would say is the main fight) felt like a fight between siblings, you know they are mad at each other but they mean no real harm.. A small part of me really wanted them to have the guts and pull the same stunt as the comic by killing the cap but there will never be such a thing, I'm sure agents and publicists made sure their clients would have a very long and profitable run in the MCU at least until 2020...
8/10 just like DC will never surpass TDK , Marvel will never make anything better than C.A Winter Soldier.
>>
>Civil War
>it's a fight

aw hell no
>>
>>68899396
>The Media told me something so I believe it, if you don't agree with the majority then you're wrong, I'm right because my views are mainstream, lol you're so dumb
>>
File: 1432417335452.png (57 KB, 182x222) Image search: [Google]
1432417335452.png
57 KB, 182x222
>I'm gonna kill you because you killed my parents
>Even though it wasn't him who did it because he was completely manipulated by russians
>You're trying to kill us over a misunderstanding and instead of explaining you what happened we're just gonna spit cool one liners
>>
He feels guilty for the Ultron incident.

Cap feels like he can't trust the government or US anymore after Winter Soldier.

How is this not incredibly fucking obvious.
>>
The best reaction in Civil War from normies was, when they showed how Tonys parents died. I shit you not, everyone around me started whispering: oh shit... oh shiiiiit
>>
>>68897352
Because like you said, it's a good movie, and aside from one scene they shove in midway with the Avengers compound, it's a stand alone movie.

The original Edgar Wright movie would probably have been better but was put on the backburner for so long they eventually got it sucked into the MCU.

If it had come out 15 years ago like they wanted to it probably would've been better.
>>
>>68899984
also this. every time someone threw a punch they also spat a fast quip what kind of bizarre comedy violence combo was that?!
>>
>>68899984
The thing is, Tony doesn't care that Bucky was brainwashed.
The first scene in the movie with Tony establishes that the one thing Tony regrets the most in his life is not saying he loved his parents before they left.
And there weren't one liners spitted by Cap and Bucky during the final fight.
>>
>>68900102
Every single change Peyton made to Edgar Wright's version of the film was superior.
Every single one.
And besides.
>Edgar Wright
>good
Pick one.
>>
Non comic reader here. Was Spiderman always that strong? I am honestly surprised by how he lifted the truck and how he nonchalantly caught Bucky's hand.
>>
>>68900213
Spider-Man can lift somewhere from 10 tons to 25 tons.
He's always been strong as fuck.
>>
>>68900145
yes there were dumb 'cool' one liners

and it's still an extremely poor excuse for a fight, I don't understand how people were even moved by it

in fact, the whole plot of the movie works on really silly misunderstandings worsened by everyone's galaxy-sized egos
>>
>>68900213
Spider-Man is incredibly OP. He's done some absolutely incredible feats in the comics, such as holding up a partially collapsed Daily Bugle building.
>>
>>68897855
Delete this
>>
>>68900213
well according to the marvel wiki he's able to withstand the weight of 20+ tons, and captain america is in the 1,200 lbs tier...
>>
Could almost be character development op

why is this board so full of high schoolers?
>>
>>68899984
>I'm gonna kill you because you killed my parents
where have i heard this before
>>
>>68900213
he managed to punch the jaw of scorpion clean off, so yeah, he's strong. there was also that one time where he lifted an apartment building
>>
>>68880159
Why is Pepper Potts so lovely?
>>
>>68891329
I think you're kind of supposed to. But I like that he's an ass with PTSD that makes him do stupid shit, and the arrogance to think he knows best even after he has literally flipped his entire view and keeps screwing up. But it's mixed with moments of selflessness and heroism that remind you that he IS still a hero. Just a fucked up one.

I don't know, he's still my favorite MCU hero. Maybe I just like messed up and flawed characters. In that respect he's always appealed to me more than Captain America, even if I usually think Steve is in the right.
>>
>muh Buckey
>>
>>68900723
Because she's not afraid to get her feet out.
>>
>>68899984
>Even though it wasn't him who did it because he was completely manipulated by russians
He doesn't care by that point. He's in shock from discovering that his parents didn't just die in an accident, but were in fact killed. And he realizes that while he's in the presence of the man who killed them. The same man who's very existence has thorn his group of friends against each other, culminating in the crippling of one of his best friends. All the while realizing another one of his friends knew this and hid it from him, while at the same time jeopardizing the whole group for the sake of the man who killed his parents.

I find it unbelievable that people think Tony going violent at this would be unexpected or nonsensical.

Not to mention that Bucky is just plain too dangerous, guilty or not.

>You're trying to kill us over a misunderstanding and instead of explaining you what happened we're just gonna spit cool one liners
Are you talking about the airport scene? They try to talk with them, but they know that not only Iron Man's theme won't listen, but that even if they did, their hands will be tied by the government.
>>
>>68877816
Tony saw the error of his ways when he created a psychopathic robot that killed about 100 people and destroyed an entire city from the face of the planet
>>
Why does Tony dislike Cap so intensely. In all movies basically, he just taunts and Cap just takes it.
>>
>>68900899
what is sexual tension
>>
>>68878837
lol a nigger faggot
>>
>>68891064
>we're going to persecute all of you because of what happened with Ultron
>even tho its literally Starks fault for creaitng a psychopathic monster
>>
WE
>>
>>68900799
>man who killed them
technically he did, but realistically he didn't

>torn his group of friends, crippled one of his best friends
it was already torn, and it only ultimately split and one of his best friends got crippled because of another dumb misunderstanding ironman refused to resolve like an autist

>knew this and hid it from him
the only real excuse he's got for going full autistic

>jeopardizing because of his parents killer
yeah, jeopardizing because ironman was being an autistic retard over a misunderstanding

>Bucky is just plain too dangerous
even though they were cool by the end? even though no one was manipulating bucky by that point? did anyone even bother to explain ironman why bucky did all that shit?

>Are you talking about the airport scene?
no, I'm talking about the ending. The airport scene suffers from the same dumb motivations as the final fight, but atleast they did 'try' to explain him (very vaguely so it's still dumb) and ironman was just autistic
>>
>>68897517
Thank you, I'm glad someone feels the same as me.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.