[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name good and recent horror movies that are not ghost/possession shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 131561.gif (2 MB, 322x242) Image search: [Google]
131561.gif
2 MB, 322x242
Name good and recent horror movies that are not ghost/possession shit
>>
scary games are way better and spookier than "scary" movies
>>
>>68871590
They're all the same shit.

Hide in a closet until the bad guy goes away, proceed down the jump scare corridor.
>>
>>68871511
Poughkeepsie Tapes was shit.

Watch Cube, my fave movie of all time. Not recent though I guess.

Witch was actually a decent viewing. Abesentia is the first movie to actually scare me in a while, that's sorta contemporary to 2/3 years. If you can stomach an indie budget.

Bone Tomahawk while not traditional horror was certainly unsettling and had a great climax.

I imagine you've had all the usual rec's so I'll leave it there even though i know you're not going to watch them
>>
File: dmth.jpg (67 KB, 408x610) Image search: [Google]
dmth.jpg
67 KB, 408x610
Modern horror movies should strive to be more like this t b h. Personally it feels more like a comedy than horror and there should be more like it
>>
>>68871511
as above so below
>>
It Follows restored my interest in horror after a good 4~ year break. Anything Blumhouse or Amnesia TDD inspired should be considered a crime.
>>
>>68871676
Cube is pleb shit
>>
To me the scariest part of The Exorcist was the hospital scene.
>>
>>68871908
Good post, have a (you)
>>
>>68871929
Nothing about The Exorcist is scary. Great movie though
>>
>>68871947
Leave
>>
There is no such thing as a good horror movie if "good" is intended to be a stand-in for "genuinely terrifying".
Unless you are a small child.

Psychological horror CAN be scary, but that isn't the same as your run of the mill horror flick.
>>
>>68871986
Yes. That's why i mentioned that scene in particular. Gets under my skin; but i guess no one is afraid of hospitals
>>
Can someone describe what watching the POughkeepsie Tapes is like?

I'm too scared to watch horror movies.
>>
>>68872146
it's shit.

the synopsis on wikipedia is more interesting than the movie
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.