[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>To say the film drops the ball on this premise is to put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: CAPTAINAMERICACIVILWARweb[1].jpg (83 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
CAPTAINAMERICACIVILWARweb[1].jpg
83 KB, 620x400
>To say the film drops the ball on this premise is to put it lightly. Used to create division between principal players, the political allegories are mostly abandoned and swapped for character motivation, as if we should never have bothered to contemplate a second meaning in the first place.

>Less a civil war than a dummy spit, the Russo brothers’ bloated blockbuster is probably best appreciated as a junky good-guy-versus-good-guy crossover-fest: a sort of stretched-out Monster Mash for comic book characters.

>I lost count of the number of iterations there are of the line “you’re not going to stop, are you?” and the running time is not just inordinate, but almost completely bereft or anything that might resemble narrative efficiency.

>There are occasions when Civil War stalls for so long you want to shake the screen and yell “hurry up!” An epic airport brawl provides the most fun when it comes to fisticuffs, but it’s also highly derivative and danger-free; little more than a co-ordinated dance routine. With billions of dollars of franchise moolah on the line, the health and well-being of our heroes has never been more assured, even if play-it-safe films like this preposterously attempt to suggest otherwise.
>>
>Tony Stark aka Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) is pro-agreement; a rare example of a mega-rich, white dude who wants to be reined in by the government
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>68869944
he got shit on by a black woman, so his inner cuck came into play
>>
>>68870022
Is this how Cuckolding works?
>>
>>68870094
that's how it starts.
>>
desu he made some good points.
I'm going to watch the movie this saturday anyway.
Also, why is Crossbones the villain?
>>
They all said, at last, a decent Avengers movie with ‘emotional depth’ and ‘moral complexity’, and now I have to question what planet they’re living on. Seriously, if this is ‘emotional depth’ and ‘moral complexity’ then my old cat Daphne can play the ukulele, which clearly she cannot.
>It features the usual suspects. Must we? List them? I suppose we must. So we have Captain America (that big chump Chris Evans) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jnr, who doesn’t so much phone it in these days as have his PA phone it in for him) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson, whose PA’s PA phones it in) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner, who, as always, has almost nothing to do) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olson; deadly dull) and the weird one with the red face (Paul Bettany) who is always popping up.
>The rhythm follows the same rhythm of all these films: set piece, lame joke, set piece, lame joke, bunker in Berlin, set piece, lame joke, set piece. I’m assuming the ‘moral complexity’ is intended to be in the conflicts between the characters, but these conflicts are all so obvious and cartoonish that I absolutely failed to detect it. Essentially, the script exists only to take you from one CGI action sequence to the next. Such sequences were exciting on day one of film one, but now we’re so far along that there’s more excitement and tension to be had in pairing socks. (Is this sock’s other sock here? Is it?) Also, it’s all pointless. We know they can’t die as they’ll be required for the 898th film — slated for October, as it happens — so how anyone can make any kind of emotional investment is a total mystery to me.
Look, I don’t begrudge those who love the Avengers, as they so passionately do. I’m just genuinely perplexed. It’s been said that when a young boy has a toy in each hand what he most wants to do is to smash them together, and that’s what these films are. Maybe that’s true, and maybe it isn’t. All I know is that I’m done.
>>
>>68870198
I get the feeling this guy was ready to hate the movie even before watching it.
>>
>>68870198
>scarlet witch (Elizabeth Olsen; deadly dull)
she was great in this movie, though
lots of screentime, too. Compared to some others
>>
>>68870198
>set piece, lame joke, set piece, lame joke, bunker in Berlin, set piece, lame joke, set piece
I thought it was:
prologue-ebin flipping page-set piece-talking-talking-talking-lame joke-cgi fight-lame joke-bunker-stan lee-post credits.
>>
>all the critics that matter, who were invited to advanced screenings, already gave their reviews
>shitty 3rd world bloggers seeing the movie only now are giving their rotten reviews

Nothing to see here
>>
>>68870186
He's not

Red Skull lets revived/teleported into the world again by Baron Zemo and begins to fuck everyone up. Tony and Cap need to settle their dispute to work together to stop him
>>
>>68869434
Who wrote that? Based Armond?
>>
>>68870570
>no mention of 9-11
Can't be him.
>>
>>68870570
nay, hasn't reviewed it
>>
>>68870406
Nice ad hominem fa.m
>>
>>68870184
That’s how it starts. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men… big.
>>
>>68870666
nice meme cuck
>>
>>68869434
>airport fight is literally Dance Off Brah: Avengers Edition

Russos confirmed for one hit wonders
>>
>>68870257
just like 200+ critics did with BvS?
how does it feel marveldrone?
>>
>>68871047
No, that one was legitimately bad.
>>
>>68871459
for you
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.