[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Admit it /tv/, you enjoyed this film.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: knight-of-cups-poster.jpg (693 KB, 1280x1810) Image search: [Google]
knight-of-cups-poster.jpg
693 KB, 1280x1810
Admit it /tv/, you enjoyed this film.
>>
was better than to the blunder
>>
>>
I left the theater before the end. 2 hours-long perfum ads are not my cup of tea.
>>
File: index.png (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
index.png
9 KB, 205x246
>>68863244

Lucky motherfucker
>>
>>68863188

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQbInyX3vm8

Pure art. This is one of those rare instances where its not entertainment, its not supposed to convey a message, or even show off a clever idea, this is pure expressive art.

Not everyone's cup of tea, I personally will always love Mallick.
>>
File: 1461275076182.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461275076182.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
Extraordinary film. Among his very best. (You might have to have lived a bit to appreciate it, sorry kids)

>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.
>>
File: 1437296244446.jpg (62 KB, 214x314) Image search: [Google]
1437296244446.jpg
62 KB, 214x314
>>68863766
That theme is so moving. Especially after the film. It's transcendent, awe inspiring.
>>
>>68864052

It was used in the Schindler's List trailer. Never forgot the tune. I was blown away when I heard they were using it in this.
>>
>>68864347
I had never heard it. As a theme it fits the film perfectly, I can't imagine it without it. Walking around listening to it feels otherworldly, my head and heart flooded with thoughts and emotions. This is the power of Terry.
>>
>>68864463

I know what you mean. Its other-worldly. It reminds me of a more lively version of Ravel's Bolero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfIf1WMhgc

This is the best trailer of all time imo. The music makes everything look amazing.
>>
>>68863188
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJmxzE72KQk
>>
>>68864531
Jeez, that really is a terrific trailer.
>>
>>68864652
As much as I love this film, and I really do, it'd be funny to see someone recreate some scenes, to this score, in GTAV as it could glibly be reduced to

>Dubs guy wanders the GTAV Map: The Kino
>>
>>68863244
this is not my fetish.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.