[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How Ghostbusters couldve worked.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: ghostbusters2016.jpg (173 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters2016.jpg
173 KB, 1280x855
Okay we all know this movie will be garbage. But i was just thinking of a way it couldve worked.

Have it set in the original universe. Have those original Ghostbusters have been a part of this movies history.
Pull a Force Awakens have them disappear, vanished no one knows what happened to them.
Bring in a new Gozer type villain, which brings about a new surge of Ghost appearances. And people calling out for the Ghostbusters.
Introduce the new crew as fans of the original guys. Who were kids when the original movies happened and they all grew up to aspire to be scientists as they were.
Have this be a reason they decide to take the reigns and be the new team.
Maybe have them re buy the firehouse and discover a lot of their gear still in there and they make advancements and upgrade them to make them more modern.
Stumble upon clues to where and why the Ghostbusters disappeared have them had been fighting the new main villain and been sucked into another dimension of some sort.
On the teams way of defeating the new threat they team up. The old guard and the new taking down the threat and having Venkman and crew pass the torch. End movie. There in 5 minutes a wrote a better plot then what Paul Feig did.
>>
>>68860050
Are you saying women can't be awesome without old white cius men to inspire them?
>Is what the feminist retards would say
>>
>>68860212
No thats not what im saying at all. Jesus christ
>>
Extreme Ghostbusters with Ray as the mentor instead of Egon.
>>
Alright, so get this: The main villain is the aborted child of one of the Ghostbusters.
>>
>>68860389
This is a joke right
>>
File: 1461604116113.png (699 KB, 1015x470) Image search: [Google]
1461604116113.png
699 KB, 1015x470
>>
>>68860050
>after GB2 ghost activity calmed down
>Original Ghostbusters retired and the business closed
>years passed
>suddenly new ghosts because villain
>the niggest one makes a ghostbusters kikestarter hoping to scam the public & cash in
>shit goes south even worse
>city gets involved and all eyes are on her
>suddenly she's massively overfunded and expected to live up to the bullshit she put on the ad
>hires her unfunny loser friends to keep her ass out of jail over this
>the movie is about 4 women who couldn't cut it as real comedians & have no idea what the fuck they're doing trying to be ghostbusters
Now they don't even have to act.
>>
>>68860655
OP here i like your version better
>>
>>68860655
Nice
>>
>>68860050
I want to turn her
>>
The villains are an original cast of GB, now dead but their ghosts are angry and vengeful or something
>>
Is there any chance at all /tv/ will give this movie its fair due? I'm not saying it'll be good, but if it does end up being good, is there any way /tv/ would admit it? Are we any different than reverse tumblrites?
>>
>>68860832
The worst possible roles for the original cast.

I feel like the real problem here is that they picked Paul "The Office" Feig to write and direct. The original Ghostbusters is more of a sci-fi movie written and directed by comedians, so it's funny. Feig tried to make a comedy with sci-fi elements, and he failed horribly.

There's other directors that could have done this much better. People who know how to write witty dialog instead of "jokes". People who could have written interesting characters instead of cliche stereotypes.

I honestly don't mind the premise of an all-female Ghostbusters, they just totally fucked the execution of it.
>>
>>68860050
tell that to zool's snapped neck
>>
>>68861049
you will never have our acknowledgement, son
>>
>>68861228
If we are reverse tumblrites, why should our acknowledgement be sought by any sane person?
>>
>>68861049

You don't get it.

Some of us don't enjoy watching chick flicks. Period.

It's the same reason a lot of chicks don't enjoy watching certain mens shows, like hunting, or fishing, or whatever. However, the only difference between the two is that you don't see men bitching about not having chicks watch their fishing shows.

Why do you think we HAVE to enjoy chick flicks anyway?
>>
>>68861268
we're his friends
>>
>>68860255
Are you blind to the color green..?
>>
>>68861353
But /tv/ literally is bitching about this flick. It's been bitching about it obsessively for days, stating obvious shit like "[this scene that isn't directed toward my demographic] isn't funny to me". I've never once seen women going on message boards and angrily, autistically tearing apart hunting or fishing shows.

It's not me who thinks you should enjoy this film, it's /tv/ who seems to think it should be directed toward them. Otherwise why not just ignore it like all the other shit not directed toward you?
>>
>at one point int he movie they discover parallel universes with different timelines
>they sort of meet the original Ghostbusters
>they realize that time and space are all flat circles and shit and there are infinite different Ghostbusters inhabiting different times and places
>"AWW SHEEEEIT"
Done.
>>
>>68860442
It could work.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.