[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally got around to watching The Revenant and I'm a little
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
Finally got around to watching The Revenant and I'm a little confused.

When it first came out it seemed like everyone was saying it was slow and boring, but it turned out to be non-stop action, and just beautiful to look at.

I fell asleep during Fury Road, and turned off Antman after an hour of it droning on, but The Revenant was so engaging that 2.5 hours seemed to go by like nothing.
>>
People are stupid.

Apparently The Witch was too "boring" for /tv/, even though it was a horror with a runtime just over an hour.
>>
Yeah, I put off watching it until a few days ago because /tv/ had convinced me that it was overrated trash, but it's actually really good. Hardy is indeed better than DiCaprio, though

Now, The Hateful Eight - THAT is straight trash
>>
It's just an uninteresting story. Sure, the acting is great and a lot went into the filming, but the story is just so bland and uninteresting.
>>
>>68852424
it's because this board's become full of people who want to spend their time watching capeshit films where everything's exploding all the time. so a film that requires some attention, and doesn't contain quips is too much for some of them.
>>
>>68852821

I thought both Hardy and DiCaprio were okay, though Hardy gets on my nerves for some reason, and they clearly gave Leo the Oscar as a way of saying "it's past due".

The Hateful Eight was definitely one of Tarantino's weakest films (and I think I'm the only one who actually likes Death Proof), but I still thought it was better than Django, which just seemed confused.
>>
>>68853059

It makes me feel old as fuck.

Capeshit these days has gotten to a point where it's so formulaic that I can't even sit through it, and constant bright colors pointlessly flashing across the screen do nothing for me.
>>
>>68852424
Pure contrarianism. Inarritu used to be adored on /tv/. Birdman had hype threads over a year before it was released and was the /tv/ supported option at the Oscars (versus Boyhood). Then Birdman and Inarritu did win and everybody suddenly hated him.
>>
>>68852683
>this
I recently saw The Witch and have never been more impressed with a horror movie. Makes you not only afraid of the monster but also of the people you are around. Made the viewer understand how something simple like 2 kids saying "you're a witch" and convulsing as a joke could utterly fuck your life up. THEN it amazingly displayed the insanity of the mother AND the actual presence of witchcraft.

9/10 for me (need to watch it again to make sure it's a 10)
>>
>>68852821
That's a shame since it looks so good on the big screen.
>>
>>68853145
Can I ask what you did not enjoy about the film? I liked it, but I would like to hear another point of view.
>>
>>68854021

How does Birdman compare? (No idea why I haven't watched it yet.)
>>
>>68852424

I enjoyed the Revenant. It was like a mix of Last of the Mohicans, The New World, The Grey, The Outlaw Josey Wales (sorta), Grizzly Adams, The Mission, and a bunch of good parts from other similar movies, but it had the right balance, and didn't jump the shark.

I also fell asleep during Fury Road, since, wow, never a car chase before, RIGHT? And Antman was bullshit boring.

Revenant is 7.9. Almost Terence Malick tier when he's not incomprehensible.
>>
>>68852424
Agreed
Fury Road bored me in theaters
But it was my fourth viewing of The Revenant before I felt how long it was.
>>
>>68854459
Birdman is streetsahead of The Revenant
>>
>>68852424
The only criticism I had with this, was the scene with the group who had gone ahead towards the fort, got lost and, then were suddenly back at the fort.

Taking a scene to show they were lost was pointless when it had no impact.
>>
>>68854366
Nice pasta
>>
>>68854459
I loved Birdman, and I found the Revenant really shallow.
Cant imagine why we would need two and a half hours of Di Caprio surviving every kind of crap.
>>
>muh indian waifu and kid
shit movie mad max is aeons ahead in terms if cinematography
>>
>>68853059
>muh manly films that are totally different from that other kid shows
>>
>>68852424
The only thing that was bad about this film is Leo's character being with that indian chick. Like it would have been better if they were white like him instead of shoehorning in some John Smith type of thing.
>>
>>68852424
I didn't like the middle portion with him being with that other indian guy for some reason. I don't know it seemed like the movie lost it's way for about 20 minutes or so or something. Other than that I loved it.
>>
So what did he see at the end? Did he except his death? Was he looking at god?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.