[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw this yesterday. Why the fuck did it turn into a completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 10.jpg (121 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
121 KB, 1200x750
Just saw this yesterday. Why the fuck did it turn into a completely different movie at the last 10 minutes? gg j.j.
>>
>>68851495
Because she hadn't yet been shown as sufficiently strong without the addition of improvising a molotov cocktail with which to destroy an alien spaceship.

Obviousy.
>>
It had a rewrite, probably because of the studio
>>
>>68851495
they shoehorned that in for the "popcorn flick" audience. pretty solid movie otherwise
>>
>>68851495
because it was originally just going to be her discovering like a barren city from like a nuke or bio weapon or something like that. They reshot the ending to add aliens so they could slap the name cloverfield on it to try to sell more tickets. It originally had nothing to do with aliens. Like what exactly did the aliens do to kill the woman and animals outside of the door?
>>
I hope the BR release goes with a different ending.

That alien shit ruined any chance of it getting an Oscar nod. Not saying it could've won, but if shit like Mad Max and The Martian had a shot, Cloverfield definitely could be in the running.
>>
>>68851495
I'm a "millennial" 34 years old and just shake my head at the lack of understanding by those my age and younger. I guess nowadays everything has to specifically spelled out with giant explosions and over the top horror. I laugh dismissively of course at the fools who think this is a bad movie. I'm sorry this does hold your interest perhaps you can find more appeal with your face buried in your smartphone.
>>
I literally don't understand why they called it Cloverfield, except for obvious marketing reasons. I mean it has literally nothing to do with the 2008 Cloverfield movie, the fuck was up with that?
The ending really sucked. The bunker part was great but I was honestly expecting the Cloverfield monster to show up at the end or at least a nod towards it. Those ayyliens left such a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>68853847
>for obvious marketing reasons
that was literally the only reason it seems. There were some minor easter eggs (same brands for chocolate bars and gas station and shit like this), but I hoped the conection would be stronger.
>>
>>68853847
JJ wants to make it an anthology brand like Goosebumps or Twilight Zone.
>>
If you had to take a girl into your cuck bunker to live with you for potentially years, who would you take?
>>
>>68853648
I'm noticing this a lot recently.

Also the same people complaining about capeshit, complain when they get something other than capeshit.
>>
>>68851495
it didn't have enough spooky shelter breach scenarios... it felt like they ran out of ideas for the characters and the situation, which was disappointing. there so much more they could have done. Dream sequences, actual interaction with the outside world via computer, radio devices, things like that...
>>
File: kingofthehill.png (286 KB, 645x597) Image search: [Google]
kingofthehill.png
286 KB, 645x597
>>68854193
>cuck bunker
>>
>>68853648
but explosions and ridiculous shit is what the last 10mins turned into and this is what the OP's complaint is directed at.
>>
>>68854193
kek

id take you, anon
>>
why did he have her handcuffed in the beginning? he took them off as soon as she woke up anyway
>>
File: Massive Effect.jpg (62 KB, 625x419) Image search: [Google]
Massive Effect.jpg
62 KB, 625x419
>>68854293
Its almost like people just want to complain.
>>
>>68854520
Just to make sure
>>
>>68853202
The gas at the end killed them, which is when her suit saved her you fucking mongoloid actually watch the fucking movie next time you god damn retard
>>
>>68853202
It was heavily implied that the aliens were using some mind of bioweapon, thats what killed the woman outside the door. I think you are right and the studio or producer shoehorned the aliens in at the end to so they could call it "Cloverfield" like that would sell more tickets. I almost didn't see this film because I thought it was a cloverfield sequel.
>>
>>68851495
Love when poor fags make threads months late. Makes me chuckle.
>>
>>68854038
Cloverfield was a shit movie, I'm glad this film had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>68854713
What, this is still in the cinema here at least. Saw it last week.
>>
>>68854148
That might actually be kinda cool desu
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.