[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captain America: Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12
File: Civil War.jpg (167 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Civil War.jpg
167 KB, 1080x720
Just got back from this one.
Better than BvS, not as good as Deadpool.

Pros
>Most practical effects were good
>RDJ is excellent
>Other acting is all fairly good - Scarlet Witch's accent still irritates me but other than that pretty decent
>Spider-Man is great but his voice is a little too prepubescent for my liking
>Black Panther was pretty boss

Cons
>Pretty lazy script, even compared to other capeshit.
>Silly plot, felt like setpiece to setpiece with the dots connected later with expositional dialogue and crappy plot
>The glass effects. Not sure how much was practical and how much was CGI, but the glass shattered in really retarded ways. Cap flies through a window and it explodes in minuscule shards.

The fight editing is crazy inconsistent - amazing in parts and horrible in others.

I was a bit disappointed because the fight I was looking most forward to was Hawkeye vs Black Panther, and it was good, but it was over in about twenty-five seconds.

For those of you who have seen it, what were your thoughts? For those of you who haven't, I'm happy to answer any questions.

I'd give it a 6/10.
>>
>>68850448
Even practical hollywood "safety glass" breaks into tiny pieces. It all looks the same in every movie.

The only interesting glass effect I can think of was in The Matrix.
>>
$$$$
>>
I liked it. But there are problems
1. The story isn't that compelling. You don't feel pulled either way. It's clear that cap is right and Tony is a dick - he has his reasons but you don't care. With that being said, Steve pulls some pretty reckless shit so it's not like you're heavily invested in him either.
2. The story is just one long build up to the big fight scene. Each scene feels like an excuse to cause the fight, rather than development of the larger universe.
3. Does not work as a stand alone movie in any sense. If you had never seen an MCU movie before, you'd be pretty baffled.
I did like it though, some pros
1. Fight was good. It's what you expect, but its enjoyable.
2. They give some time to the secondary avengers (i.e the ones who don't get their own films) as well as Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Black Panther. Spidey is meh, he felt pretty shoehorned in, but he's not bad. Black Panther is pretty damn good, I look forward to a solo movie.
I did enjoy it, but I'd still rate WS much higher.
>>
>>68850448
I fucking loved Black Panther and Spidey.

I'd rate new spidey up pretty high above the rest. I actually liked Garfield's rendition of spider man, only for the fact that he brought back the wit and humor to spider man, who is supposed to be a webslinger with a mouth and a quiver full of quips.

Ant man was a surprisingly great character for how little they actually use him. GIANT ANT was fucking hilarious, and the part where he throws the truck only for it to be an explosive tanker is fucking golden.

They were constrained for time on introducing Spiderman and playing up his character, but that's alright, i'm looking forward to solo movies with BP and Spidey, and even another one with Ant Man.
>>
File: scott is happy.png (235 KB, 400x444) Image search: [Google]
scott is happy.png
235 KB, 400x444
>>68850448
>mfw Giant Man
I don't think I've ever been that giddy watching a movie in my life.
I thought it was great. I'm surprised how much I liked T'Challa/Black Panther, very good introduction. I'm interested in seeing him in a standalone movie. Spider-Man was fucking perfect, both in and out of the suit, they nailed it. The Russo's once again show they are the best action directors in Marvel, the fight scenes were fucking great. The plot was decent but overall not that intriguing. The whole Sokovia Accords thing was interesting, seeing how everyone reacted differently to it, but every time Zemo was on screen I was waiting for him to leave, didn't care about him at all.
Overall I probably still like Winter Soldier better, but that doesn't mean there wasn't some amazing stuff in this one.
But seriously, how fucking perfect was Spider-Man. I'm so happy they finally got it right.
>>
>>68850448
>marvel film
>6/10

GTFO DCKEK REEEEEEE ITS 10/10
>>
It was good but I hated that Iron Man and Captain America were fighting for the exact opposite of the ideals we've seen them fight for in the past.

One is a loyal soldier who fights for his country and wants to serve, and the other says "fuck the government, I do what I want". Then for this movie it's just suddenly changed because Captain has to defend Bucky.
Same goes for Widow (although obviously she swaps over later) and Hawkeye. Widow is clearly more in-line with Captain's mentality in the previous films, while Hawkeye is a good soldier who gets the job done. I feel like he was made Captain's buddy in this film literally only so he could have Ant-Man on one of his arrows.

The character's existing personalities were bastardised in order to serve the plot, is what I'm saying.
>>
>>68850448
>Better than BvS

Worst meme of 2016
>>
I think people are only rating it as GOAT because it's just a hyped Marvel film, but I really thought it was pretty passable. I'm enjoying Marvel films less and less as none of them can be standalone anymore.

I'd rank it the same as Batman v Superman, 6/10, but for different reasons.Personally I thought the Batman and Superman fight was a little more interesting to watch than the airport fight.
>>
>>68851640
Will DCucks admit it if this movie is actually better than BvS?
>>
>>68851593
Uh, Steve is fighting for freedom, as usual, and Tony is all repentant after Ultron. This is pretty clear.
>>
>>68851821
Care to explain why? Remember it's difficult to compare them as they're both very different movies.
>>
>>68851846
But he wasn't even repentant for Ultron during the second half of Age of Ultron. Do you not remember when he makes Vision, doing exactly the same fucking thing as last time all "It's all good, it'll work this time"?

He is repentant in Civil War, absolutely. And that's my point. His character is different in this movie in order to service its plot.
I'm not saying the motivations aren't clear - I'm saying they clash with their prior motivations in previous films.
>>
>>68851593
Captain hasn't always been about following orders, remember how in the first movie he was supposed to be a mascot, but ended up ignoring that and doing his own thing.

But overall I agree, the fight between everyone as well as some motivations felt really forced.
>>
>>68850448
>Same flaws as BvS minus the great cinematography
>98%
Not saying Disney straight up bribes critic, but there's a fucking bias alright
>>
Why does Giant Man move really slowly? Is it an effect from his transforming?
>>
>>>/film/
>>
>>68851950
You mean /co/. It's where casuals hang out.
>>
>>68850448
>Most practical effects were good

>meme
>opinion erased
>>
File: mad cucks.jpg (83 KB, 1341x720) Image search: [Google]
mad cucks.jpg
83 KB, 1341x720
>>68850448
Top kek, Dc and Marvel cucks on suicide watch.
>>
>>68851935
There's nothing wrong with it getting 98%, all that means is that nearly all critics reckon it's worth paying money to see.

Their average rating for it is 8.1. The average rating for BvS is 4.9.

Sounds about right to me. That 8.1 will probably drop to a 7.6ish by the time it's out of theatres.
>>
>>68851995
I don't understand how referring to the effects is a meme.

>>68851935
Different poster but I would argue the flaws are quite different from BvS'.
The continuity and editing are nowhere near as bad. The script isn't as bad. The pacing isn't as bad.
Don't get me wrong, BvS has a few things over Civil War, too.

I don't understand how you can say their flaws are the same, though; they're very different films. Have you actually seen them both?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x533
>it's a superhero registration story

Possibly the worst plot idea in ever comic it's used it

Any truth to modok showing up ?
>>
>>68851855
OP here. Took me a while to find it but here's what I wrote for BvS after watching it.

1/2
Speaking only for myself, BvS had a disgusting script, and the editing was also atrocious. These two were the biggest factors for me.
Notice Lex asking for permission to access the Kryptonian ship. He is wearing a polo shirt, some light blue suit with black-and-red sneakers. He enters, does his thing.
Roughly half an hour later, after the guy giving him access has been blown up and after he has the meeting at his home with the Senator, and after the explosion,, and after another dinner party, all of which had costume changes, he returns to the Kryptonian ship days later. The instant he enters the ship, he is back in the suit/polo/sneakers combo.

This is horrible. Clearly someone felt the Doomsday plot needed to be spaced out across the film a little better, so they just cut a scene in half and stuck the latter half elsewhere without regard for continuity or consequence. Now, this is both an issue with the script and the editing. It should've been rectified in the writing stage and when it wasn't, it shouldn't have been Frankensteined in the editing.

Another issue with the writing is Wonder Woman being added to the film as an afterthought. She has dialogue with Bruce, and only Bruce. Not one line is uttered to a single character except for him, because someone's sole job was to integrate her into the script and did so only by having her meet him at a couple of parties before appearing at the end.

And the editing was bad not just in terms of continuity but also in terms of pacing. This is actually the sequence of events that occurs partway through the movie:
(to be put in another post because of length)
>>
>>68851855
>>68852151

2/2

This is actually the sequence of events that occurs partway through the movie:
>Luthor tells Superman that if he flies anywhere except to Batman, Martha will die
>Superman agrees to fight Batman
>Superman flies to Lois and tells her he is going to fight Batman
>Lois gets in a taxi to the Daily Planet
>We see Martha in a warehouse
>Lois arrives at Daily Planet and gains permission to use a helicopter
>Wonder Woman sits at home and gets an email from Batman, watches clips of Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman
>Superman arrives at Batman's location
What the fuck is that shit? Disgusting effort, cutting that shit together.
See, the complaints about tone, and theme, and muh-Batman-shouldn't-kill, I agree are unfounded. Childish nonsense. But the movie itself is so poorly constructed, both preproduction and postproduction that you simply cannot reasonably call it a well-made movie with a straight face. Cool story? Sure, maybe. Cool concepts? Certainly. But a good movie? Fucking ridiculous.
3/10 movie. It is bad.

Obviously I wasn't directly comparing it to Civil War here, just outlining my issues with it - and I had more issues with it than I did with Civil War.
>>
>>68852089
>Any truth to modok showing up ?
No, not unless it was done so subtly it went over my head.
>>
Antman and Spiderman made the difference in the airport fight. Marvel really knows how to utilize their characters' uniqueness. Kinda lost at who's fighting who, since we often see someone getting double teamed while another characters gone missing.

But I think its good that the conflict between the Avengers doesn't end happily and Zemo, I think is quite interesting as a Marvel villain, even though I didnt really catch how did he get all the resources to execute his plans? Must've missed the explanation when I went to pee, so can anyone explain it to me, please.
>>
>>68850644

Totally agree with 3, I don't think it even works as the third installment of Captain America. You really need to have seen almost the entire MCU to follow this.

Not that it's really a problem. If you aren't already on board with capeshit by now you probably never will be. At least it knows its audience.
>>
File: 1459038311268.png (169 KB, 1205x1285) Image search: [Google]
1459038311268.png
169 KB, 1205x1285
>>68850448
>>
>>68852225
I think Zemo might still have something up his sleeve. I mean, they kept him alive so there's got to be a reason for that.
>>
File: 1458721525409.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458721525409.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>68850644
>The story is just one long build up to the big fight scene

That doesn't make any sense. The "big fight scene" isn't even at the end of the movie. It's like 1 hours in.

Can you DCucks please stop trolling already?
>>
>>68851139
A nigger super hero shilling for big government, that's a real surprise. I think Marvel is finally being realistic.
>>
>>68850644
>The story is just one long build up to the big fight scene. Each scene feels like an excuse to cause the fight, rather than development of the larger universe.

Eh not really. Thats the problem of BvS, but in this one the big fight scene isn't the climax. The big fight is the movie main selling point, yes, but the ultimate theme itself is more personal and in a smaller scale, which is refreshing and interesting.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 537x720
>>68852204
I JUST WANT MODOK
>>
>>68852565
Why? He's lame.
>>
Tell me about Spiderman, Antman and the post credit scenes.
>>
>>68852593
>Tell me about Spiderman, Antman

Scroll up

>the post credit scenes.

First is Bucky being frozen because he's too dangerous and they can't undo the brainwashing. Post-credits scene is Spiderman dicking around with some kind of watch I assume Stark gave him
>>
>>68851945
Relative size. Because he's big, he has to move slower, as his body is more dense and heavier than it would normally be, and is constricted to a HUGE degree by the pull of gravity.

If he weren't in his suit, I'd wager that if he turned that size, his body would actually collapse under the stress the pull of gravity would induce into his muscles through his incredibly dense bones.

Basically this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square-cube_law
>>
File: 55551531.jpg (83 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
55551531.jpg
83 KB, 400x400
>>68850448
HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
>>
>>68850448
>SJ
>decent

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHA KILL YOURSELF
>>
File: 1431662390914.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1431662390914.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
>>68851935
>Same flaws as BvS

You're not even trying DCuck
>>
>>68852593
Spider-man is good. I think this is the youngest Spider-man in movie. He's really a kid with superpower. But the jury is still out for Peter Parker. Its like WW in BvS again.

Antman is refreshing. Honestly, the quips in this are pretty low when you compare it to the previous two Avengers movie, so his and Spider-man's roles are the comic reliefs.
>>
>>68851855
>different
both have same basic premise, two sides have different ideology. The difference is CW managed to keep the tone consistent throughout the film, BvS felt disjointed with the story and couldn't decide which storyline they want to focus.
>>
Funny scene

>Bucky to Cap : your mother's name is Sarah
>Falcon : what? just like that and we're cool?

dcucks kill yourself
>>
>>68853095
LMAO BTFO
>>
File: 7087070876.jpg (34 KB, 600x606) Image search: [Google]
7087070876.jpg
34 KB, 600x606
>>68852887
>Its like WW in BvS again.

How? In BvS Galdots acting is so fucking bad, that they never give her more than two lines in one scene. It's extremely noticeable. Plus she doesn't look anything like Wonder-Woman. She is miscast as fuck.

Then she magically appears in the ends for no fucking reason to help fight the random Troll. Plus every time she is on screen a random shitty emo EDM song starts playing. It's like a fucking child wrote this shit.

That doesn't sound like Spider-man in Civil war at all. Spider-man is set up properly for his use in the film, he actually talks, has character, and isn't accompanied by weird emo EDM everywhere he goes.
>>
>>68850448
Literally Shaky Cam: Quip Wars
>>
>>68853144
Yeah but I mean we just saw the surface of Peter Parker. We see his good, innocent side, so cant really judge him more than that. But the Spider-man was massively good.

And I agree that WW was crap, but people say her cameo was good mainly because the action scene.
>>
>>68852335
>I liked it
>dcuck
Kill yourself you console war cunt
>>
>>68853327
Nothing wrong then.
>>
File: fofao.jpg (11 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
fofao.jpg
11 KB, 260x194
>not as good as Deadpool
>Memepool is already terrible
>>
>>68853327
so?
>>
>>68852582
He's a giant floating head
That's why
>>
>>68854001
INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM THE BIG GIANT HEAD!
>>
>>68853144
>Wonder Woman
>bad

I bet you liked age of ultron you cuck
>>
>>68853713
lol who are you quoting?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.