[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/tv/ keeps saying its utter trash >watch it >best show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (359 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
359 KB, 1920x1080
>/tv/ keeps saying its utter trash
>watch it
>best show in years

Why do you hate it, /tv/?

HARD MODE: don't use the word reddit.
>>
>>68850344
Adventure Time and the Venture Bros honestly got me pretty burnt out on this kind of shit. It's not an awful show by any means, but completely trite at this point. Just feels like noise.
>>
Harmon is a hack
>>
>>68850344
its demographic is teenagers who stay up late smoking drugs.

Im not a teenager
>>
MY MAN!
>>
>>68850344
I really liked it. Excited for season 3
>>
What about the word "meme"?

I happen to really like it too as well as Always Sunny which is also apparently reddit. But then we have /got/ general and capefaggotry that is just par for the course I guess.
>>
>>68850385
Adventure Time is nothing like R&M, it went from a veiled stoner show intended for teens to tumblr the show. R&M takes a hot shit on tumblr in every episode.
>>
>>68850460
/tv/ just underage and dumb.
They didn't understand genius 4th season of arrested development, it was released in 1 day for a reason m8s.
>>
Keep this /co/shit in /co/ where it belongs
What goes through the head of someone who thinks they should post cartoons in a television and film board when there is a cartoon board?
>>
>>68850344
The first season was great

The second season is schlock, too much focus on the family, morty hardly there half the time, not to mention the shitty songs and dance sequences

It went from fun to shit real quick, that's Dan Harmon for you
>>
>>68850556
I'll admit I *hated* Get Schwifty and the musical numbers. So I don't have much hope for S3.
>>
>>68850517
>genius 4th season of arrested development

Literally a retards opinion
>>
>>68850638
Let me guess, watched only 2 episodes on 1.5x speed, while browsing /tv/?
All episodes interconnected m8. genius.
>>
>>68850670
Nah I saw them all, over the course of 3-4 days.

>All episodes interconnected
You mean like how they've been interconnected since S1E1?
>>
o, this is just the normal /tv/ cycle.

>media gets released
>most of /tv/ makes a sensible judgement about it
>this judgement also happens to be the consensus
>reddit, facebook, gawker, and other hated inhabitants of the internet share this consensus
>/tv/ does a 180 to distinguish themselves from the crowd

BvS is just a recent example. Other flip flops include Nolan, True Detective season 2, Only God Forgives, Avatar, and my first experience with this board was these dorks defending Transformers 2 soon after its release.
>>
>>68850344
I actually love it. But I'm kind of nervous about season 3
>>
>>68850740
>interconnected
That was just continuous story, while many events in season 4 takes place in one time and they show them from different points of view.
You are see bigger picture with every episode, family meeting scene for example.

Also, Gob + other magician love story plot was hilarious.
>>
>>68850344
It is a pretty good show. The /tv/ and /co/ reaction is literally "REEEEE I LIKED IT FIRST BUT NOW IT'S POPULAR AND THIS TRIGGERS ME SO I NEED TO JUMP ON THE CONTRARIAN BANDWAGON JUST LIKE ALL MY OTHER FELLOW BOARDERS SO I STILL FEEL LIKE PART OF A GROUP"
>>
What do you fags think about this guys theory?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Kgl9aqOnI
>>
>>68850556
pretty much this, it was a nice off-beat comedy but when those get popular they unavoidably turn to shit as they start pandering and trying to fit into the standard comedy formula
doesn't help that Rick gets less and less likeable as time goes on
>>
First season was average, second was great. Absolutely hate a bunch of people who are all obsessed with it now, touting it as genius. It's not, it's very good but not all time great and that's perfectly fine.
>>
>>68850532
>What goes through the head of someone
your moms fat ass jiggling and clapping away
>>
It's almost like a kids show and the humor gets old quickly
>>
>>68850991
It's like Rick isn't a likable fellow and is an abusive old drunk who hates himself
>>
>>68851044
yeah, but if a character is done well you start to find him likeable over time as you accept his failures and problems
Rick seems like gets less relatable over time
>>
>>68850852
the big problem with season 4 was
1: focused entirely on 1 or 2 family members each episode
2: started with some of the most boring stories (George, Lindsey)
3: a lot of the characters were left out of their element because of the lack of interaction (for instance Michael who is normally the straight-man had no one to play off of for most of the season)
which really made for a rough start. By the time you get to the GOB and Tobias episodes it was great, but the early ones were real bad.
>>
>>68850344
Number one reason /tv/ cucks don't like Rick & Morty:

It's popular
>>
>>68851134
>A character HAS to be likable
You will never understand Kino
>>
>>68850344
I had the misfortune to get matched with a couple of R&M fans on rocket league. They were making references to poop and fart jokes from the show, and when I told them to shut the fuck up and watch a real tv show, they tried to use Seinfeld as an example of an unfunny tv show. From that experience alone I can tell exactly what kind of shitty cartoon R&My is and who it appeals to; 13 year old retards.
>>
Season 2 was poor. Felt like they were trying to appeal to a younger audience, especially the singing episode.

Not sure I will watch a new season.
>>
>>68850556
Fucking Dan Harmon.

First Community now this.

>>68851604
This.

Its way too story heavy as well.

Then Dan Harmon leaves S3+ to start another show, the guys a fucking idiot.
>>
>>68850344

Season 2 > season 1

Don't know why you fggts hate on R&M. Compared to the shit that is out there it's top tier just for the fact that it shits on retarded normalfag notions, like the inception episode.
>>
I don't hate it. Looking forward to season 3.
>>
>>68850991
>It doesn't help Rick gets less and less likeable
Fuck dead, you really are just a stupid cunt, it's like you think Rick is actually meant to be a good guy. You know who the actual relatable character is? Morty, that's right you stupid motherfucker, Rick is literally and old alcoholic who left is daughter, fought in an inter galactic war and is is just a general annoyance and sometimes a danger for a living.
>>
>>68851134
Do you realize how fucking dumb that whole sentence sounds, you could've made it sound alright but you fucked up big time bud
>>
The show's schtick got pretty obnoxious and boring around the first few episodes of season 2, at least for me.

Dropped it shortly after.
>>
>>68850385

It sickens me that you would even compare Venture Bros to Rick and Morty, and I like both shows.

They're on a whole different level of writing/general quality.
>>
>>68850503
So you are just a redditor who hates tumblr, well we both know where you should go.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/4audsn/what_is_this_person_on_4chan_talking_about/
>>
>le because it's le popular

They couldn't well enough leave it at the zany sci-fi parody of BTTF, and had to go with the fucking "hurr we're getting serious with the feelings here guys" dramedy-type shit and pointless filler "worldbuilding", which first ruined Venture Bros. sometime ago as the anon above correctly pointed out, and is now done by EVERY SHOW OUT THERE.

observing this obvious situation, why the fuck would i say that it's good, even though it took a nosedive in season 2?

>you like show because it is doing its own thing
>show stops doing its own thing, starts doing the boring shit everyone does, pdnaering to the lowest dnominator
>DURR YOU JUST HATE IT BECAUSE IT'S POPULAR NOW

get fucked
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.