[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 3975011-3016283646-rubbe.jpg (25 KB, 570x319) Image search: [Google]
3975011-3016283646-rubbe.jpg
25 KB, 570x319
what
>>
> this film confused me and so I dance to my mother's boyfriend's laptop to express my vexation before my internet brethren, surely one will share my debilitated intellectual response and perhaps even create a meme!
>>
File: u rocks.gif (826 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
u rocks.gif
826 KB, 500x287
>>68849012
>good movie
strange !
but fun !
but strange !
and fun !
>>
>>68849012
ITT: shit
>>
Wrong > Reality > Wrong Cops > Steak >> Rubber
>>
>>68849012
i personally liked the film but I started watching the film based solely on the trailer and not any review or opinion.

I thought the movie was very symbolic and experimental. However some people view it as being pretentious or "tryhard". All I know is I thought it was a cool watch.
>>
>>68850145
>However some people view it as being pretentious or "tryhard"

I haven't seen this, but 'pretentious' is literally everyones favorite buzzword to use if something isn't generic capeshit. So I'll hold my opinion until I see it.
>>
Watching the premier on HDnet I had a little fun with the premise and the few shots from trailers but the novelty wore off rather quick. It's just a meh movie.
>>
>>68849937
I want to rub my dick all over her fake tits. Generic cute blondes are so hot.
>>
>>68850145
>but I started watching the film based solely on the trailer and not any review or opinion.
Lucky you. I had heard about it from word of mouth or a few blurbs, and on paper it sounded right up my alley.

Once again my expectations fucked me up and the movie fell really flat for me.
>>
>>68850145
If you think this film is pretentious then you have no sense of humor. It's pretty upfront about the entire thing being a joke. It definitely should have been a short and not a feature though.
>>
>>68850224
yeah I know pretentious is a big buzzword people use but typically they're referring to the pretentious film students that watch 50 year old French films and think they're film experts.

Rubber is a bit weird. The movie is aware it's a movie. I guess the whole film is a technical break of the 4th wall. It can be jarring if you're not prepared. Like I said, I watched the trailer and just prepared for whatever they were about to show me.
>>
>>68850280
This. There wasn't enough movie for a feature film.
>>
File: M5pYyd2.gif (915 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
M5pYyd2.gif
915 KB, 245x180
>>68849012
one of the legit worst movies I've ever seen. fuck everyone with a rake who was involved in this dreck
>>
please watch Realité
>>
>>68850280
Yeah the beginning of the movie tells you why the movie is what it is.
>>
>>68850335
>a technical break of the 4th wall.
I mean the "audience" is in the actual movie. Its a fourth wall break inside a fourth wall break.
>>
>>68850280
This. It was too long.

Bottom line, it's an expirimental, and was not sufficiently entertaining for its runtime.

The beginning was awesome, but it got boring and too dragged out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.