[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA is painful to re-watch. the only good part is when they steal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14
TFA is painful to re-watch. the only good part is when they steal the tie fighter in the beginning. evrything else is shit. they shoehorned c3po and r2d2, they made a stupid bb8 to sell toys, starkiller is a 15th deathstar...too many fucken characters phasma literally does nothing except get caught,

no good saber battles - (episode 3 had tons of good saber fights. dooku vs anakin/obi, obi vs grevious, obi vs anakin, and yoda vs palpatine. 4 based fights in 1 movie. wtf did TFA have? fucking level 1 girl vs bootleg vader, and level 1 girl wins? wtf? a stormtrooper vs bootleg vader, and stormtrooper almost won? how is anyone supposed to take kylo ren as a serious threat to the galaxy when a little stormtrooper or untrained scavenger can take over him?
>>
I was rooting for Kylo Ren. A real character who trains hard and accomplishes something.

Somehow a womyn and a nigger manage to kill him. Fucking hated that revenge fantasy, white guilt shit. Ruined the movie for me.

Keep identity politics out of Hollywood.
>>
>>68840432
>no good saber battles - (episode 3 had tons of good saber fights
Out of all opinions this is the worst one
>>
I just hate it tried nothing new. The prequels are flawed, but they tried to to do something, which is usually imo the best part.

This shit just kind of makes Episode VI pointless. This film was a shameless cash grab. Rey is there to appeal to the women who never gave a shit about Star Wars beforehand, Finn is there to appeal to the black community who never gave a shit beforehand. Everybody knew that the audience of the other films would see it anyway (kids, men).

The attempt to sell more toys is blatantly obvious.

"Let's give C3PO a red arm"
"Let's create a new R2D2 but a ball instead"
"Let's create new Stormtrooper helmets when they're not really any different than the last trilogy"

Kylo Ren is only interesting because we've never seen a character headed from the dark side to the light before.
>but "muh Episode VI Vader"
Vader wasn't really like that.
>>
>>68840874
Anakin vs Obi Wan is the best imo. The dialouge prevents it from being god tier, but you get the sense that these guys have been trained in the force for ages and it shows
>>
>>68840968
The prequels consist entirely of callbacks, references, characters contrived in order to make toys, and old characters awkwardly inserted into overdone stories. Fuck off with these rose-tinted glasses.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5760x3193) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5760x3193
>>68840432
no

From the opening shot until the last frame, this was a great movie. One I can watch again and again.
Why?
Good characters.
Good relationships.
Excellent visual effects.
Fantastic sound design.
Practical sets.
Characters who I actually want to see again.
A universe which I would want to visit again.
>>
>>68841033
It was an awful, overly-choreographed mess. Probably the worst fight in the history of the series, or at least second to Yoda vs. Dooku
>>
File: darth girth.jpg (9 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
darth girth.jpg
9 KB, 209x241
>>68841033
>Anakin vs Obi Wan is the best imo
hahahhahahaha
>>
It was a remake and a bad one, fuck you Jewsney and Jew Jew Abrams
>>
File: BACKSTAGE.webm (3 MB, 960x400) Image search: [Google]
BACKSTAGE.webm
3 MB, 960x400
We can fix it, we have the technology...
>>
>>68841242
>all the while holding a massive double ended black dildo
>>
>>68841084
>Good characters.

Kylo was an angsty teen Vader ripoff that failed to create any aura the original had, same with the Empire just generally less threatening because of all the Mary Sue plot armor shit that happens that keeps brushing the Empire aside like they're nothing, also Rey was a literal Mary Sue. The rest of the characters were previously established characters or characters that had barely any development because JJ can't into characters.

>Good relationships.

like previously established relationships from prior movies from the original cast? every other relationship was held together with the "whoa! The enemies are here and we have to fight together" glue in typical JJ fashion

>Excellent visual effects.

They used run of the mil CGI and typical studio sets for most of the movie. I don't quite think that deserves a standing ovation. Any difficult creatures were entirely CGI or puppets that sat in place. Any fighting scenes had CGI out the ass. The execution was not bad at all though.

>Fantastic sound design.

I've never heard anyone say this, and the soundtrack is very forgettable and uninspired. Sound effects were different for almost every sound, no idea why they would drop the original sounds especially for the Falcon.

>Practical sets.

The opening effects in the tie fighter garage looked fake tbqh, and the rest of the movie is mostly CGI. As with visual effects I can't say they were bad though, but I also can't say they had my jaw dropping especially with the latter half of the movie.
>>
>>68841601
The effects on Jakku were outstanding
>>
>>68841601
Kylo Ren is nothing like Vader. They turn the fact that he attempts to replicate him but fails into a major plot point.
>>
It's a pretty bad cringefest. Everything just screams uninspired and lazy. There was no feeling put into this movie, just variables by a studio and reversing everything the prequels did to try and be trendy.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 160x120
>>68841601
I can just tell you want to hate this movie.

There's no point in trying to convince you of anything.
>>
>>68841782
Star Wars has always been corporate trash you naive fuck. The only good movie in the series was the first one.
>>
>>68841601
>Characters
Your complain about Kylo means you missed the point of his character. He is basically trying to be Vader but ends up an Anakin. That's the point. He is conflicted and will never reach Vader levels of bad assness. About the others, you still have more character than the prequels.
>Relationships
Relationships between the new characters were established quickly. This is something I can agree on though, it was too quick of an establishment
>Visual effects
Outstanding visual effects. Not a standing ovation, but effects that are noteworthy.
>sound design
I agree on that. No, seriously, I do.
>Practical effects
I don't see how you can say they were fake looking. I found them pretty good.

In summary: Your opinion differs from mine, but you missed the point of Kylo.
>>
>>68841081
No they don't actually. And don't act like TFA isn't a toy commercial, pretty much all of star wars is a toy commercial
>>
>>68841084
Agreedo
>>
>>68841890
Yes, because C3PO and R2D2 were totally appropriate and called for in Episode I.
>>
>>68841242
tried putting it on youtube got blocked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4N6nOcYEQ
>>
File: 1342035218349.jpg (12 KB, 170x159) Image search: [Google]
1342035218349.jpg
12 KB, 170x159
I'm just disappointed as fuck that they didn't try ANYTHING new.
Death Star 2 in RotJ was really pushing it, but this is just insane.
It is literally New Hope 2.0 and everybody is praising them like they discovered hot water or something.
They'll just keep remaking the originals now.
All that potential, and they're just gonna copy/paste. I'm sure 90% of episode 8 will be a remake of 5.
>>
>>68841828
Empire was the best because Lucas stayed far away from it

and it was directed by a Jew
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 599x800
>>68840968
>"Let's create new Stormtrooper helmets when they're not really any different than the last trilogy
These are the worst.

OT Star Wars had a dirty cyberpunk feel to it. Now it's a Power Rangers with sitcom dialogue.
>>
File: 1452147050386.jpg (57 KB, 486x431) Image search: [Google]
1452147050386.jpg
57 KB, 486x431
>>68840784
He was a good friend.
>>
It was built to make money. Not win best picture at 2016 Academy Award Show.
>>
>>68841890
Star Wars only became corporate trash after Disney bought it

if they actually were corporate toy commercials, we wouldn't have extended pod racing sequences or a 10 year old protagonist

>>68841946
They were appropriate, none of the OT related stuff in the OT is a call-back because it's all integral to the pottery. Episode 7 is just an extendo orbiting the real Star Wars. It's a movie where characters like C-3PO for the first time become literal toy adverts.
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 408x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 408x200
>>68841084
TFA is Austin Powers without the comedy, without the earnestness, without the characters, without the romance and without the craft.
>>
File: First_Order_TIE_Fighter_Pilot.png (560 KB, 1024x436) Image search: [Google]
First_Order_TIE_Fighter_Pilot.png
560 KB, 1024x436
>>68840432
>when they steal the tie fighter in the beginning.
>You mean when they jump into space without any protection
How are they breathing? Does the tie fighter produce it's own oxygen? If it does, whats the point of the suit with the tube connected to it?
>>
>>68842056
He spent all of his time in California working as Produce on 'Empire...' ....a full-time gig if ever there was one.
>>
>>68842640
*Producer
>>
>>68840432
I spopped watching after 1:30h, I really liked phantom manace and revenger of the siths
>>
>>68842347
Episode I reusing the plot of Episode IV is pottery, Episode VII doing the same is a retread?
>>
>>68840432
I remember when I got out of the cinema it was an instant 9. Bewildered and amazed by its unique play with star wars. Then I watch it again and I felt generous giving it a 7.

After watching it for the third time its a 6/10. Dont want to watch it again in fear I'll dislike it more.
>>
File: 1451724458801.jpg (75 KB, 720x588) Image search: [Google]
1451724458801.jpg
75 KB, 720x588
Where's Kylo Stimpy?
>>
File: 7c4.png (64 KB, 928x810) Image search: [Google]
7c4.png
64 KB, 928x810
>>
>>68841033
I think Sheev vs Yoda was better, since it was more like a battle between masters than a dance of blades.
>>
>>68842629
dont think bro tis just a movie xD

rey is awesome, amirite goys?
>>
>>68842056
Except everybody, including Kershner, said that George was still the one behind the 90% of the Empire, and had to hire additional staff because guild union laws would fuck him over otherwise.
>>
File: hZ2Ix3P.jpg (89 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
hZ2Ix3P.jpg
89 KB, 659x659
>>
>>68840432
>no good saber battles - (episode 3 had tons of good saber fights.

You made some good points up until this.
Please remove your autistic, millennial ass from the gene pool with a gun.
>>
It was Smoke.
>>
It was alright.

Overrated to hell by normies though
>>
>>68844270
Your bait is too big for this chinese yellow river forum, I don't think there's any fish big enough to eat that in those water.
>>
>>68840432
Yes, it is worse than Episode III. And you know who's at fault? Nope, not Jar Jar Abrahams.

It's us.

We could have prevented this. We could have delayed constructive criticism to George on the million conventions and stuff like that. We could have made him understand that his films, while flawed, are mind-moving, and asked him to make more of spinoff anthology Star Wars films (since the Anakin Skywalker Saga over and shouldn't be touched with "new episodes). Look at George's interviews before the selling of SW: he was genuinely hurt that le meme critics made hating Star Wars the hip and cool thing for the normies. We SHOULD have prevented this.

But instead, we memed out, about le bad prequels, and DIE JAR JAR, and pottery and all the other shitty buzzwords le meme critics spewed out at us. We laughed and made fun of George when he sold Star Wars. We thought nothing could be worse.

But it did. Disney activated their Normie Shill Machine, and had millions of people eat shit and praise the feces falling in their mouths. Instead of thought out star kino, based upon mythology, politics and ancient Roman history, we've got a fanfic retelling of the first film withan unbreakable Mary Sue and a real-life Jar Jar Binks for protagonists.

We have failed this franchise, friends. Star Wars is (un)dead.
>>
I'd be Meme Threadkiller.
>>
>>68844363
They are all still better than TFA shit. "But it's dance choreography!" and it's still better than the boring non-fight from TFA.

Even BMF pointed out how poorly made it was.
>>
>>68843601
I was kind of like this with BvS but only sorta. I knew it was bad I just didn't want to admit HOW bad exactly because I actually was looking forward to it for so long.

But Episode 7 I could tell from the first viewing it was shit and I still wonder why it's taking people multiple viewings to see that.
>>
File: le SLJ face.gif (2 MB, 374x312) Image search: [Google]
le SLJ face.gif
2 MB, 374x312
>>68841081
I don't remember:

>Le epin trash compactor reference
>I don't remember them bringing back actors in the prequels to pander to the fans
>I don't remember Lucas pushing an agenda in his films
>>
>>68842284
Is this supposed to be some kind of excuse?
>>
>>68844218
Nothing personnel kid
>>
>>68844529
I'm surprised Akbar didn't say "it's another trap!"
>>
>>68844557
It's part of the Di$ney fanboy rhetoric. When you insult Marvel and Star Wars, there are a number of standard reactions

>You're a purist!! You were never going to enjoy it
>It's just a bit of fun, don't take it so seriously
>You're just trying to be contrarian
>It made so much money, it must be good!
>Practical effects (completing ignoring Maz, those out-of-place CGI monsters on the millenium Falcon, the awful digital zoom

>>68844594
Everything was so desperately designed to appeal to the old fans. I was at the premiere, and people legitimately gasped and clapped when Ford and Fisher appeared. Mark too. All those callbacks and references, because without those, the film has nothing to stand on.
>>
A lot of the scenes with Poe or Finn were cringeworthy. The delivery of their dialogue was just shit. Especially the scene where they are in the TIE fighter
>>
>>68840432
I think TFA was fine. Sure, the story wasn't that good but everything else was top-notch desu
>>
>>68844594
That would've been funnier than every comedic scene in TFA
>>
>>68841601
on the Falcon, the "stalling" sound from Empire can be heard before Rey hits the compressor and the hyperdrive works. That was the only sound effect that was important to me.
>>
>>68840968
>Finn is there to appeal to the black community who never gave a shit beforehand.
Wait what?
>The attempt to sell more toys is blatantly obvious.
Yes it's been like that since the OT, I'm glad you finally noticed.
>>
>>68844626
>Everything was so desperately designed to appeal to the old fans
It was like the studio thought no one was going to think it was a Star Wars movie if it didn't have le evil Empire and Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia, R2 and 3PO.
>>
>>68843146
>Episode I reusing the plot of Episode IV is pottery
Phantom Menace wasn't a 1:1 retread of A New Hope, unlike Force Awakens.
TPM had similarities to ANH.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.