[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a meme or do i really have to download a 100 gb file
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Comparison031.jpg (79 KB, 1033x581) Image search: [Google]
Comparison031.jpg
79 KB, 1033x581
Is this a meme or do i really have to download a 100 gb file to get the best experience from this movie.
>>
>>68839089
Both technically
>>
Despecialized edition is a meme in it's self faggots download to feel good about themselves because they're watching a "special" version.
>>
>>68839089
there's a print of the original on bit torrent sites, untouched from 1977 that was found on ebay. i'd say that. sound is a bit shit but that's to be expected
>>
There's no perfect version right now, you just have to choose what's best for you. The Despecialized is great though. One thing I don't understand is if Harmy is sourcing certain scenes or images from old DVDs how do they blend in so well? It's been a while since I watched it and I wasn't actively trying to notice things like that but reading about the process later made me kind of confused about that. I still need to download a better version of it I guess since I got that shitty x265 rip before.
>>
does it really matter? It's a 40 year old kids movie not Citizen Kane.
>>
File: 1995_vhs.jpg (58 KB, 640x450) Image search: [Google]
1995_vhs.jpg
58 KB, 640x450
Aren't there transfers of these and haven't they been uploaded on sites?
>>
Star Wars a shit

A shit
>>
>>68839089

There are no androgynous black people in this movie so its racist
>>
>>68839606
There are laserdisc versions of these cuts that you can find.
>>
>>68839606
I think every official release is on myspleen
>>
>>68839089
>Despecialized
It's 40gb not 100gb and yes you do.

The video and audio quality is superior to the original VHS and the negative changes from all the subsequent rereleases are removed.

In addition, the visuals in numerous scenes look better than the Blu-ray version of the same scene.
>>
>>68839167
Go away George.
>>
>>68839089

The despecialized edition looks like shit.
>>
Here's an idea don't watch garbage.
>>
>>68839089
>do i really have to download a 100 gb file

just get the 700-900 meg re-encodes. they look fine. not even joking. whoever did them, he's better then yiffy
>>
>>68839089
a lot of work for nothing. Looks like someone just fucked with the contrast
>>
>giving a shit about how star wars looks on your television
>star wars
>>
>>68843202
>better than yiffy

That could have been literally anyone.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.