[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: lucas_2190740b[1].jpg (63 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
lucas_2190740b[1].jpg
63 KB, 620x387
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1458805058268.jpg (24 KB, 600x522) Image search: [Google]
1458805058268.jpg
24 KB, 600x522
We didn't apologize and now it's too late
>>
He gave up hope
>>
you mean what went right?*

he's a billionaire

if that's something going wrong then I'll gladly volunteer to be wrong any day
>>
He thought Star Wars as his creation and not the combined effort of hundreds of talented people.

Executives believed this as well, put a crown on his head and let him run wild.
>>
Trying to force Chicago taxpayers to pay for his stupid museum

You have $5 billion you fucking asshole, build your own goddamn museum with all your failed side projects.
>>
>>68838007
Creatively, he got complete control over his material and surrounded himself with yes-men. His first 3 films were great because there were people there to pull him back down to earth.
>>
File: barttv.png (838 KB, 963x737) Image search: [Google]
barttv.png
838 KB, 963x737
Listening to the commentary track in the prequels is one of the best things about prequels.

George is a genius. His ideas were great but something went wrong and didn't come out how he imagined,
>>
He didn't commit to Jar Jar being Darth Sidious
>>
>>68838048
>>68838226
no
>>
He didn't consult with Spielberg on the prequels.
>>
nothing at all, he beat the jews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xN6IdhTQ7A
>>
>>68838321
Is this from the actual movie? I see it posted, but I don't think I ever got a clear answer.

>>68838226
I saw the Phantom Menace on HBO once, and it was absolutely awful. Any moron on the street can come up with good ideas. The real skill is actually implementing it.
>>
>>68838226
He didn't have anyone with equal creative control. He couldn't refine any of his ideas because he had nobody to tell him no.
>>
>What went wrong?
He in charge of the prequels.
>>
>>68838392
yes, episode II
>>
>>68838226
his ideas were shit
>>
>>68838392
>Any moron on the street can come up with good ideas. The real skill is actually implementing it.

I agree. Some of the best movies would have been shit if they weren't executed right.
>>
File: 1423832903354.jpg (58 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1423832903354.jpg
58 KB, 1024x576
>>68838007
Once there was a man named Lucas,
whose imagination was truly boundless.
Then his greed and pride went too far,
and the horror he created, Jar Jar.
>>
>>68838321
this is fantastic, it looks objectively better than anything from TFA

stay mad cucc
>>
>>68838349
>consulting with hack jews
lol
>>
>>68838007
An ideas man (albeit an extremely imaginative one) was given full control.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.