[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest opinions on this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: armond white.jpg (22 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
armond white.jpg
22 KB, 300x279
Honest opinions on this man?
>>
>>68837306
He's an interesting read.
>>
>>68837306
the only interesting reviewer to read currently, everyone else seems hard to take seriously after reading his prose and take on films and him putting it into a cultural context. don't always agree with him, though
>>
He writes better than any other critic I've read. I'm jealous of his eloquence desu.
>>
>>68837306
Brilliant
Well versed
Provocative
Pro Memer
>>
File: armond review.png (788 KB, 1444x2869) Image search: [Google]
armond review.png
788 KB, 1444x2869
>>68837306
Contrarian, I like the surname.
>>
Could a kind anon link me to one of his reviews? Thanks in advance.
>>
He's /tv/ the critic

>thinks he is intellectual but rarely ever writes anything of worth
>conservative
>homosexual
>thinks hes white aryan
>contrarian
>>
>>68837306
He is a person of color
>>
>>68837306
He's got a savage wit and tears everything apart cleanly and ruthlessly. That being said, I don't agree with most of what he says. Basically an intelligentsia hipster
>>
>>68837306
Great writer
Perfect contrarian
>>
>>68837447
that avatar review is incredibly on point
>>
>>68837306
man's got style

I like this guy's style

>>68694901
>>68749445
>>68688344
>>68697904

Don't necessarily agree with him always but when he hits the nail in the head he buries it deep.
>>
>>68837447
>likes Transformers 2
>hates Transformers 1
>likes Resident Evil movie #910374109823
>>
>>68837306
Honorary white man
>>
Didn't he like BvS? How is anyone supposed to take his opinion seriously?
>>
he is god
>>
>>68837633
People like you are the reason why Armond operates the way he does. Instead of parroting what every other hack critic says, he takes a look at general consensus and decides for himself if it's an accurate representation of the movie's overall performance.
>>
>>68837804
Basically, he hates what people like and viceversa.
>>
>>68837804
So he is le eben contrarian??
>>
>>68837866
>>68837903
He gives the movie the review it deserves. He's not even the contrarian people make him out to be, it's just that when he writes a particularly polarizing review about someone's favorite movie, they get upset and spout the contrarian meme.
>>
>>68837306
nigger
>>
>>68837447
Shit, he seems like a very distasteful critic.

Agree with the Thor and Iron Man 3 does suck ass though.
>>
>>68837866

so he is 4chan in human form
>>
He's also a gay Christian because he has to be as contrarian as possible.
>>
https://youtu.be/oSXIXNmlx_8?t=1276

21:15
>>
A B S O L U T E L Y B A S E D
>>
>>68837457
http://www.nyfcc.com/2013/05/pain-gain-reviewed-by-armond-white-for-cityarts/

Brilliant stuff. Pain and Gain was every bit of what Scorsese wanted Wolf of Wall street to be
>>
>>68837596
The resident evil movies have enjoyable setpiece action and don't get bogged down in trying to be edgy psuedo-thrillers like most modern action movies.
>>
>>68837633
He liked BvS for it's homosexual undertones.
>>
File: evangelical gay.jpg-large.jpg (71 KB, 594x774) Image search: [Google]
evangelical gay.jpg-large.jpg
71 KB, 594x774
>>68838555
sounds pretty patrician desu
>>
A man of taste in a world of plebs.
>>
>>68837306
Looks like a nigger to me, son.
>>
>>68839290
He wrote two reviews, that joke one and an actual one (where he genuinely praised the film).

It's because he writes for multiple sites, one being a gay one
>>
How long before his review slamming Civil War comes out?
>>
>>68839536
The week of if he sees it at all.
>>
>>68699172
>>
captain sisko was best captain
>>
He played a really unlikable guy in Training Day.
>>
Genius
>>
>>68837447
Nailed it on Inglorious Basterds
>>
He's interesting. A shame he's such a contrarian.
>>
He was shit in book of eli
>>
>>68837306
White bread loving uncle tom motherfucker. I love him.
>>
HOUSE NIGGA!
>>
>>68839359
link to legit review?
>>
>>68837447
i don't even understand half of those reviews. Like the dark knight one, what is he even saying? in simplified english, please.
>>
>>68837306
He rates movies based an a very specific worldview. He gives literally zero weight to the craft of moviemaking, he only cares about how the plot and themes mesh with what he sees as the degradation of culture.

He is very smart. Very few people will have his odd beliefs, but he reminds us that you can judge movies however you like. You don't have to care about the stuff people say you have to care about.
>>
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's a concept invented by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
File: armondwhite090223_250.jpg (12 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
armondwhite090223_250.jpg
12 KB, 250x375
Armond threads are prefect for detecting the Reddit users.
>>
I like evil /tv/ Denzel.
He's based.
>>
>>68838555
He's honestly not a contrarian. I've read all of his reviews and some other stuff too.

He can seem like a contrarian simply because he tends to dislike exactly the shifts in culture that liberals like. And since he doesn't care about the artisan side of filmmaking, he is free to hate a movie simply because he hates its message, or vice versa.
>>
>>68837306
He presents simple opinions without intrigue or analysis. He doesn't inspire creative thought.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.