[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Prestige Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: le questions man.gif (986 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
le questions man.gif
986 KB, 500x270
Did his wife know he was a twin/clone?

>She says multiple times she knows what he is.
Why would she hang herself instead of just saying, "listen you fuck I know there are two of you, and I don't want anymore fucky business"

Was he a twin or a clone?

What did angier realize right before he gets shot?
>He says " nobody cares about the man in the box" and then has an epiphany and calls for alfred

Was he going to possibly reveal that he is alive and escaped death through magic, and get borden off the hook at the same time?

The movie kind of hints at borden finally revealing to angier he tied the knots on purpose that way.

Do you think the reason he keeps saying "I don't know" is because it was his twin/clone that did the knots that night?

It kind of makes him out to be a bastard liar in the beginning, but that would make sense.
>>
>>
Why was wolverine so obsessed with Batman. His wife died by accident.
>>
>le machine didn't work meme
>>
>>68836164
>It kind of makes him out to be a bastard liar in the beginning, but that would make sense.

This is my favorite part of the movie. Bale's characters are made out like the "bad guys" in the beginning, and Jackson the "good guy," but throughout the movie you slowly see it the other way around. It's not some dramatic scene where it happens, but more of a gradual thing that almost happens unconsciously. Not many movies are able to do that so well.
>>
>>68836778
>died by accident
She didnt though.
When batman ties the knot, the girl and him nod to each other in agreement to try the new method.
After the showrunner told him it was unsafe.
>>
>>68836844
Agreed. I just watched it for the first time last night. Whole script was so well put together.
>>
>>68836872
that was pretty stupid, though.
It's not like anyone in the audience would notice what kind of knot was binding the girl or how it changed the difficulty of the escape, why would they change the trick halfway and start improvising?
>>
>>68837015
I forgot the reasoning.
It had to have either been:
Faster to get out of/ or easier to get out of.
>>
>>68837015
>It's about magicians trying to out do each other.
>One says he has a better method than the other.

>MAKES NO SENSE FAMPAISAN

GTFO you dimwitted troglodyte.
>>
>>68837182
Get off the juice doug
>>
>>68837015
I think the previous knot was risky because it bad a high chance of slipping off and causing her to fall and be injured (as she is hanging from the rope before being dunked) whereas the more difficult knot wouldn't have that risk. Angier's wife agreed with using Borden's preferred knot because she thought she could manage it.
It's been a while since I saw The Prestige but it's a favourite of mine.
>>
>>68837182
>hey girl, you're going into that sealed glass tank making a risky escape with a very limited amount of time
>but hey, why don't we try this knot that is more betterer than the one we're currently using even though we have not rehearsed it
>and the best part is that, even if the new knot works, the ultimate result of the illusion will be the fucking same

oh yeah, makes perfect sense, desu
>>
>>68837871
Yes, the characters did something stupid.

Are you a child or something? Why is this an issue to you?
>>
YOU DON'T

YOU DON'T KNOW!?
>>
>>68838325
why are you so salty, though?
It's not an issue, it's just pretty stupid, and I want to talk about this shitty Nolan movie with lonely manchildren like myself
>>
>>68836164
Of course she didn't know. She was convinced he just had split personality and one part of him was a dick and fucked around and didn't give a shit about her and the other did.

If she knew there were two of them and realized she had a faithful husband who always loved her all along she wouldn't have been so crazy and depressed.
>>
>>68837871
That was actually perfectly believable. Magicians, like comedians or any other stage art performers care most about what the other people in their field think. Every magician would have seen the knot they tied, know, they were plants and it was an easy escape. Magicians are also known as egotistical assholes so them trying something daring and stupid for what amounts to a tiny change to a trick makes perfect sense.
>>
Correct. He says he doesn't know because whenever asked it's not the guy who tied the knots.

The wife finds out toward the end, before leaving him.

Yes, he/they are bastard liars. That's the whole point. To maintain the illusion that their is only one Batman they sacrifice everything; love, livelihood, all of it is ruined.

And that's what makes Batman the de facto winner of their magician's feud. Wolverine is so utterly fooled by the trick that he has to employ literal fucking teleportation / cloning to match it. In the end, one crazy science magician lies dead, and one honest to god illusionist rides off into the sunset.
>>
It's funny, on a rewatch it's blatantly obvious which Bale you're dealing with in every scene.
>>
>>68836164
Loved this film. It's Nolan's best work, desu.
>>
>>68839253
this movie is fucking terrible to rewatch
I guess that was the point, but still.
Same with Memento, every script by Jonathan Nolan is oddly formulaic and clunky. It has enough momentum to keep you engaged on your first watch but then it just becomes terrible
>>
>>68839253
>>68839524

>you know how the magician (writer/director) did his tricks
>no longer interested

POTTERY
>>
>make prestige thread
>only gets 20 posts

Good show ol' chaps.
>>
>>68840521
>20 posts that are all about the movie without shitposting
be glad faggot
>>
Why did dubsguy kill wolverine's wife anyways?

Or was it actually a mistake
>>
>>68840665
It was a consensual mistake, agreed upon the girl and him. It would be considered manslaughter I guess. Knowingly putting her at risk at the behest of someone saying it was unsafe.
>>
>>68836783
It worked. It creates a copy somewhere else.
>>
>>68839524
The fuck? It's meant to be watched multiple times to gather more information on each viewing. You don't catch all the info the first time or the subtle references throughout to later parts of the movie. Go suck off a horse.
>>
what am I thinking of that had to do with getting a shitty coin toss and clones? It reminds me of this shitty movie and I can't remember what it was.
>>
>>68841502
memento?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.