[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wow, that was awful. Who cares about Elektra?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
Wow, that was awful. Who cares about Elektra?
>>
>>68833006

While I still like Season 2 overall I think they made a mistake trying to cram both Punisher and Elektra into the same season.

The Punisher plotline feels under-developed because he was easily the best part of the season. A longer arc where we saw more of him, on the hunt and in court, could have been really cool.

With Elektra and the ninjas, it feels really rushed and no answers to anything are given. Why's there a big hole? Is that where the iron coffin thingy was? What is a Black Sky? Someone who doesn't have a moral compass and soul? Is that what they need to put in the iron coffin thingy? What will happen if they complete the ritual? If the person doesn't have a soul, can a demon turn them into a meat puppet? How old is the Hand? Etc etc etc.

Both could have used a longer arc, for different reasons.
>>
>>68833006
nobody. she's terrible.
>>
>>68833221
To me it's not that she needed to be fleshed out more, she was just inherently uninteresting. Putting her with the Punisher made it even worse by comparison.
>>
>>68833221
The problem is that let's say they did focus entirely on the Punisher for season 2 and then focused on Elektra and the Hand in season 3. It just would mean that season 3 would be shit. The Hand is fucking awful and every moment spent on that plot line just tanks the show.
>>
Everyone in that show is a terrible person except for Karen and somehow Punisher. More Frank, less Matt, please.
>>
Elektra was in to remember normies that comic books are about super-hero fighting monsters, zombies, megalomaniacs science dudes and not only about a grimmdark ultra-realistic vengeance and moral conflicts plot.
>>
>>68833006
>Wow, that was awful.
Snyderfags on suicide watch.
>>
Best Punisher?

https://youtu.be/VeFVfMRTBiA
>>
It honestly felt like 2 different seasons mashed together. Like episodes 1-4 were fantastic and as soon as Frank got arrested the series slows down with all the Hand bullshit. The two never really felt connected
>>
>>68833745

Probably the most ambitious comic book movie made in a long time if not ever. Really interesting interview with her on how did this get made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFsypvM9BqE
>>
>>68833718
this. I liked the zombie ninja comic book stuff.

>>68833702
Should have focused more on Karen and The Punisher. She should have become a junkie like in the comics after Nelson and Murdock closes and Matt breaks up with her. Then clashed morally with the Punisher. (She's his friend but shes a degenerate etc..) Maybe Punny tries to kill her and Daredevil has to save her while also revealing to her that he's Matt. Or something...
>>
>>68833221

I agree. The Punisher, Fisk, and courtroom drama was the highlight. The Electra stuff was okay but the problem was the ninja shit that padded everything out toward the end.

It felt like filler setting up a plot I cared little for. Also, Punisher showing up and only shooting a couple of ninja guys was stupid. His reveal that he was on Daredevil's side should have been more meaningful. Like blowing Nobu's head off right as he's got Daredevil in a bad spot. Then leaving.

Instead they left that to the old man which I felt was weird.
>>
>>68833006

It was hit and miss for me. I liked a lot of Season 2 but it took me forever to finish because the Hand bullshit was so drawn out.

Too many questions without answers and I don't think any of the viewers really cared about the answers that much. It's not mystery, it's just tedium.

>what is hole?
>are ninjas demons?
>how did nobu live? lol jk he's REALLY dead now
>what is coffin?
>what is black sky?
>what is the war bullshit about?

literally who gives a shit?
>>
>>68833006
>Who cares about Elektra?

You wouldn't try that patriarchy bullshit with a DC show.
>>
>>68833864
>>68833718

I don't mind zombie ninjas. Just don't make it such a huge part with so little reveal or payout to what the hell is going on. It drags on and on and we as the audience learn little to nothing that's even going on. If you're going to introduce plot make it payout. Whether or not its silly stuff is irrelevant.
>>
>>68833992
Yeah I suppose. This is the problem with a lot of Netflix shows. They spend the last third or even half of a season setting up the next season with very little pay off or closure
>>
File: 1449789883193.png (135 KB, 235x252) Image search: [Google]
1449789883193.png
135 KB, 235x252
Am I the only person who thinks the worst part of the Daredevil series is the actor who plays DD himself?
>>
>>68834090

Nah, I think he does a fine job. All the actors are pretty good. Loved Fisk.
>>
>>68833992

Fucking seriously. If it was a mystery that got resolved or at least moved forward in a couple episodes it'd be fine but it spanned nearly half the season or more. Also I groaned at the whole "the kidnapped people rise in unison and become spoopy" bullshit.

If anyone has ever played D&D or something like that, it reminded me of a shitty DM making up some 2cool plot that nobody cared about but he keeps forcing it on you.
>>
>>68834090

He's a good actor but the directing of actors in general this season was not very good. The times when Daredevil is panting or trying to seem conflicted are really bad.

>UNGUNGHH HUGNNNGHH
>>
>>68834090
>hating on based Cox

He's top tier casting
>>
>>68834215
I like him a lot but I did laugh at the end of season 2 when he was doing that grunt after you know who "dies". Like you said its probably more the directors fault.
>>
File: 1359093826855.gif (971 KB, 490x327) Image search: [Google]
1359093826855.gif
971 KB, 490x327
>start watching
>awesome Punisher, great scenes with him and Daredevil and conflicting ideologies
>all of a sudden annoying Elektra calling Daredevil from interesting plot lines and making him help her do... something?
>all of a sudden Ninjas
>black sky
>hole in the ground
>vampires
>coffin
>stick saves elektra only to decide to kill her the next day
>elektra tries to kill stick only to protect him a minute later
>fucking blacksmith, a man with 0 set up or motivation, becomes important for a whole minute
>nobu is magic
>daredevil refuses to kill ninjas even though they are FUCKING NINJAS like seriously its not like a ninja trained from birth to kill is going to turn his life around, go back to school, and become a doctor
>end of the world for some reason?
>daredevil wont kill but is cool if others kill for him
>elektra dead but not really

This was so fucking retarded. It went from a solid 8/10 to a 2/10 really really fast
>>
>>68834259

Yeah he did that during his first fight with the punisher and I believe another moment. I guess part of it is that he's still acting blind so he's kinda looking off to the side and not down or away like a person with normal sight probably would. It's just an awkward combination.
>>
What are the odds Daredevil could appear in Infinity War? Dont get me wrong, Im fine if the entire Netflix material doesnt connect. But frankly Matt would be a nice way to tie the two without much hassle. Hell you could at least reference him in Spider Man
>>
If they had focused on Punisher and stretched it out a bit. Maybe have Matt represent punisher and try to prove him innocent, it would have worked better. It was just too much shit and it was starting to all blur together by the end of the series.
>>
I dropped it at episode 5
>>
>>68834288

I agree with about half of what you said but I think you're trivializing the arc of elektra, stick, and matt

Daredevil only started to be ok with the killing when he started to suspect that there was something supernatural going on. Before that he almost let Elektra get killed to save some random mook.

The whole ninja thing in general was really lame though I agree.
>>
>>68834348

I doubt appearances will ever happen. They'll probably casually throw a reference to him somewhere down the line though.

Like someone researching something will mention the Devil of Hell's Kitchen or he'll inadvertently leak info to Shield or something like that. Not Infinity War though. That Spiderman movie is a more likely candidate.
>>
>>68834418
But theres more Frank fun to be had anon!
>>
>>68834445
>yfw Peter gets super upset when someone mistakes him for Daredevil
>>
>>68834451
yeah, I'm also looking forward to a series or maybe a netflix movie
>>
File: ddsm.jpg (451 KB, 1778x2700) Image search: [Google]
ddsm.jpg
451 KB, 1778x2700
>>68834348
If anyone from a Netflix show connects with the MCU it would be him or Luke Cage. I'd love some Spidey and DD action but it doesn't seem very likely. Maybe a cameo at most. Maybe in the standalone Spider-Man movie?
>>
>>68834418

I would finish it just to close out Punisher's story which is kinda interwoven cleverly with the rest of the show to keep you interested through all the ninja bullshit. Based fatman fisk comes back and is way more kingpin than last season.

That part when he eats a nice dinner in front of the dying dude, keeping him alive as long as possible without allowing him to get surgery. Cold as fuck.
>>
>>68834439

I'm with you on that. The whole season's arc needed Elektra/Stick to make Matt start being not so rigid on his no-kill policy. The ninja stuff just needed more fleshing out. They introduce all this background info into ongoing never ending battles but then zero payoff.

It was like a cliffhanger getting introduced into the middle of a season but keeping you along for the ride expecting payoff since the Punisher stuff was what kept most around.
>>
I know a lot of people liked her this season but Karen was just god awful to me. She was boring as sin and didn't have much motivation to do anything. Her monologue at the end of the season is by far the worst thing in the MCU and made me feel second hand embarrassment. Her character really brought down the Punisher arc for me.
>>
File: punisher-crossover.jpg (350 KB, 652x652) Image search: [Google]
punisher-crossover.jpg
350 KB, 652x652
>>68834484
>>68834494
>>68834445
>>68834348
Spiderman + Daredevil + Punisher are a top tier team. A movie with all three would be fucking godly
>>
>>68834571
The problem with Karen now is trying to find ways to make her relevant now. Before it was the corporate shit, now its a forced reporter angle and pointless melodrama. And I say this as someone who kinda likes Karen. But what they should do in season 3 is introduce Bullseye and have him kill Karen Elektra style
>>
>>68834570

Oh most definitely. I wish there was more stick and flashbacks, I liked those a lot in the last couple eps. Loli elektra was pretty good. The ninjas would have been way better if they weren't just random thugs and actually were all really deadly kinda like lesser Nobu's.

Nobu was an ok character and I would have been way more interested in him if he wasn't just there to look cool.
>>
>>68834571
I honestly feel like she was originally supposed to have a different character arc but got budged out by Frank and Elektra. She's more interesting in the comics. They should have done something like >>68833864
>>
>>68834090
Cox is fucking awesome
>>
>dat punisher prison fight scene
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.