[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could one man be so based? What is your favorite Harryhausen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: rayandskelly.jpg (32 KB, 595x325) Image search: [Google]
rayandskelly.jpg
32 KB, 595x325
How could one man be so based?
What is your favorite Harryhausen kino /tv/?
>>
I fucking love him too
>>
Its always Jason and the Argonauts.
>>
>>68831834
The one with those spooky skeletons
>>
>>68831834
While it's not technically Harryhausen, weren't the guys who did Dragonslayer basically the disciples who trained at his feet?
>>
File: poster_ClashoftheTitans.jpg (214 KB, 673x1024) Image search: [Google]
poster_ClashoftheTitans.jpg
214 KB, 673x1024
Clash of the Titans' Medusa scene is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7W-oPhY48

>>68833915
Industrial Light and Magic worked on Dragonslayer, though I don't know if the special effects crew in ILM had connections with Harryhausen.
>>
>>68834037
>Clash of the Titans' Medusa scene is great
Oh hell yeah, it was.

I always like stop-action for monster effects. It gives them a weird, unnatural vibe that can work really well under the right conditions.
>>
>>68834037
I cracked my very first corny joke while watching that scene. I was twelve and when Perseus came out of the temple with Medusa's head, I said, "All right! Now let's get Kraken!"

I was so proud of myself.
>>
>>68834037
Clash of titans was shit but dat medusa scene is fucking suspensful as fuck

That; hal 9000 singing daisy and quints death in jaws were the few scened that captured the imagination of this 7-9 year old anon
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 316x400
https://youtu.be/U9kmjW73-v4

He'll outlast CGI.
>>
>>68835231
Nice find! Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>68835231
Damn, that elephant looked GREAT.
>>
Met him when I was 9, absolute gentleman and overall great guy.
>>
>>68835827
Oh wow! I've seen a couple of interviews with him and he always came a cross as a class act. Glad you got that honor.
>>
>>68835827
I am so jealous man, I always wanted to meet him
One of the main reasons why I love movies
>>
>>68835827
very jelly. The most I can boast is meeting the director of The Raid: Redemption.
>>
>>68835929
It was pretty cool. I was at a Horror Convention in DC in '99 and was standing outside a room where Christopher Lee was talking. Harryhausen stood behind me and my dad tapped my shoulder to look behind me. The man was so willing to just chat with me for a moment. So much feels and nostalgia.
>>
>>68836072
That's pure awesome. Good on your dad, too.
>>
File: ray harryhausen.gif (3 MB, 460x335) Image search: [Google]
ray harryhausen.gif
3 MB, 460x335
>>68831834
Clash of the titans was always on TBS or TNT whenever I stayed home from school.
>>
>>68836310
One of my favorite comfy movies.
>>
Met him a few times at monster conventions in Pasadena, and the annual tribute at the Egyptian theater in Hollywood. (I met Ray Bradbury at one of these, as they were friends. Dope as fuck.)

I coincidentally now live on the street he grew up on.
The guy gave me a love for monsters unlike any other. Mysterious Island still kicks ass.
>>
>>68837426
Man, Bradbury. Really miss that guy.
>>
>>68837528
He was in a wheelchair and on an oxygen tank, but still let me shake his hand and gush at him for a few minutes. Super cool dude. NEVER missed the Harryhausen tribute. I went 8 years in a row and he was always there.
>>
>>68837528
And there I was languishing in the cultural wasteland of the Deep South. I really envy you.
>>
>>68837898
for
>>68837756

Also, I'm off to bed, Been great talking with you!
>>
When you consider how labour intensive stop motion is his output is really impressive.
Did he ever do an entirely stop motion film?
>>
>>68837939
He did a few animated shorts that I know of.
They showed The Tortoise And The Hare years ago at one of the tributes.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.