[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anyone watch this? I already like it more than the walking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: ftwd.jpg (52 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
ftwd.jpg
52 KB, 400x600
does anyone watch this?

I already like it more than the walking turd desu senpai, and it seems like it's only revving up from here
>>
I'm keeping an interested eye on it. Don't really care about soccer mom and her turnip faced boyfriend.

Strand's pretty bad ass for now, but I feel like the rug will get pulled out from him soon.

Salvadoran Murder Barber and Heroin Junkie are obviously the most equipped to survive.
>>
File: sad dubs man.jpg (15 KB, 402x262) Image search: [Google]
sad dubs man.jpg
15 KB, 402x262
>>68829999
>tfw you get your first quads but nobody checks them
>>
The two leads cannot act for shit. Like truly awful stuff. And their characters are about as interesting as a brick.

The daughter is pinnacle qt.

Son is alright. Best actor and character of the group.

Cannot stand black guy. He keeps going on and on with this edgy loner nonsense but still keeps the rest of the group on his boat because reasons.

Latino chick is apparently a character.

Mysterious elderly latino guy is pretty cool. He's either ex-military or ex-cartel. With his age, i'd say former Columbian cartel enforcer.

Whiny latino son brings back memories of Lori with how much of a bitch he is.

The story is going nowhere, although i'm happy to see it might leave the states.

I'm still waiting for that hot as fuck asian doctor from the first season to show up.
>>
>>68830322
Murder Barber dude fought in the El Salvador Civil war.
>>
>>68830411

Oh well that makes sense.
>>
Yes, this season 2 will be better than cucking dead's season 2, I also like the fact that we don't know what's going to happen.
>>
>this is as worse as it'll get
>immediately gets worse

stupid asian.
>>
>>68830322
Mysterious Elderly Latino dude is from El Salvador and was a torture interrogator during the civil war, but they didn't say if he was on the government or the rebel side.

Strand's strength is clearly manipulating people to do things for him, but that requires having people around to manipulate. I almost feel like they're going to pull the "servant playing master" and that it's not really his boat and that's why he's trying to ditch people.
>>
>>68830550
Why the fuck was she so attached to that kid? Even the webisodes don't really explain it.
>>
Team Murder Barber all the way.
>>
File: new rick.jpg (75 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
new rick.jpg
75 KB, 800x450
>>68830322
agree somewhat with this except for strand

>madison
retarded, weak (backs out of her deal with ex wife when she was the one that initially proposed that ex wife kills her if she gets bit, what a bitch), doesn't want kids to go on a supply run because she's an idiot

>travis
only solid thing he's done is beat the shit out of that soldier and repair the boat, but when he got sultry at grandpa spic for teaching christ about the shotgun because "you know how i feel about guns" he was almost completely fucked forever in my eyes. In the fucking zombie apocalypse, you srs nigger?

>nick
based as shit, young dillane is a great actor, only scummy thing he did was snipe that dude's morphine but he paid for it and adapted. If he relapses again I'm gonna be sad but he's my favorite so far. Chill as fuck and is usually logical

>strand
most logical and competent person of the bunch. My one gripe is that we still don't know why he tolerates the family but not anyone else, I want an explanation for that. Based as shit when he cut that asian loose, he wasn't going to take shit from his guests

>old latin guy
he was supposed to be likeable, but he did too many retarded things for me to like him totally.
>starts shooting at a horde of dozens of zombies from 50+ meters with a fucking handgun
>tortures that soldier
Even though it worked out in the end, he had no idea it would like it did. If the military hadn't left when they did, what did that dumbass think would happen? They're just gonna not look for a missing soldier?
>thinks that army overtaking a fucking 3rd world latin american country and just snatchin up people and murdering them is analogous to the fucking united states
>leads the horde of zombies to the compound, killing dozens of innocent soldiers, a doctor, and patients who were just trying to help
that was an A+ dumbass and dick move, no matter the motivation
>refuses to let Ophelia ask for LIFE SAVING MEDS because "muh family muh debt"
>>
>>68830622
they mentioned he was the bad guy in the stories
>>
>>68830850
The Salvadoran Civil War lasted 12 years and featured roving murder gangs and torture of civilians on both sides. There weren't really any "good guys"
>>
File: based bros.jpg (64 KB, 650x400) Image search: [Google]
based bros.jpg
64 KB, 650x400
>>68830845
>opelia
literal non character, but based nick's gonna fug her

>alicia
top qt, but also kinda dumb with the radio. Plus that stupid typical teen shit with breaking all the stuff in the rich house and being angsty with her mom (who deserves it, but it's still hard to watch)

>Chris
fuck this little faggot, complete pussy and also a total retard. Was all big and bad with the tied up zombie like a stupid kid and then immediately shit his pants when Josh's dad was suddenly alive. At least he had the sack to kill him, but I still can't forgive the fucking "we're protesting dad it's important im making a difference!!!" in combination with the refusal to leave his mom's body despite zombies fucking being on top of them

dont think i missed anyone, but I also think it's fucking retarded that they didn't immediately teach everyone to fish and have people fishing at all times
>>
>>68829999
checked

I'm enjoying it a lot more than the first season and I I think the ocean setting is really interesting for a zombie drama.

The movie "Waterworld" with Kevin Costner used to be one of my favorite movies as a kid, and I feel a lot of nostalgia watching this season.

It's just a really comfy show, but I think people don't value comfiness as much as they should with shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

I watch it snuggled up sometimes with a bowl shhh and just enjoy myself, no criticism required.
>>
>>68831059
Nigga what
>>
Opening up on the walkers with the pistol was pretty stupid and out of character for Murder Barber, but his mentality of "don't trust anyone but family when SHTF" makes sense because SHTF in some horrific ways in El Salvador.
>>
>>68831117
what?
>>
>>68830845
Strand's thing is that he's a manipulator and knows that he needs people around to do shit for him (like fix the boat) but he doesn't want to have TOO MANY people around.
>>
>>68831294
yeah that's what i figured. It seemed like he really wanted Nick and then basically accepted that he'd have to tolerate the rest of his baggage if he wants to keep him

imagine being strand and having to put up with madison's bullshit while the entire time you just want to throw her dumbass overboard
>>
File: literally me.jpg (46 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
literally me.jpg
46 KB, 1050x1050
>we want the 4chan audience

i liked this kid more than most of the current cast desu senpai
>>
>>68830913
So salvadorans are known to be dumb asses
>>
>>68831521
I was holding out for a long time that he would show up again.
>>
I watch mainly for her.
>>
>>68831294
I think Strand is playing at something. He obviously needs them for something. Maybe it's just to fix the boat, etc. But I think he's got something up his sleeve and will double cross them once they reach Baja.

>>68830845
Old Latin man is the only interesting character, and most of the others can't act. It's also a little slow, but I think it could be ramping up.
>>
>>68830670
She owed him her life because he gave her the seat he had been saving for his mom.
>>
>>68831521
>fat
>acne
>manlet
>not white
>edgy

Yep that's 99% of /pol/ desu
>>
>>68831599
>implying he's not hitting the gym and learning martial arts so he can return in season 4 as a shredded zombie killing machine
>>
File: based billionare nigga.jpg (44 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
based billionare nigga.jpg
44 KB, 800x600
>>68831663
>liking grandpa spic and not nick or based billionare nigga
>>
>>68830322
The sad part is both of the leads are great in plenty of other stuff. But they both come across as fucking awful in this.
>>
>>68831663
I think it's not really Strand's boat but belongs to whoever he was trying to call on the satphone, and that's why he can't show up in Baja with a bunch of stragglers.
>>
the last couple of episodes have been pretty good.
>go somewhere new
>something happens
>they leave
If they keep that up it should be interesting.
>>
>>68831808
That's because they're the "moral dilemma" chorus and it's they're job to argue about what's right and wrong in the given situation so they don't do as much or get real character development.
>>
>>68830322
Travis is Bully from Once were Warriors. That cunt actually can act, but can't polish a turd
>>
>>68831974
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TJ_LlGilLo
>>
>>68831799
Strand is okay, probably the next closest to being an interesting character. Jes black, so he'll probably die soon though. Nick is insufferable. The goofy as fuck faces he makes and his delivery. Oh my fuck. His face is really punchable too.
>>
File: screenshot_24-04-2016 21.09.28.png (210 KB, 606x293) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_24-04-2016 21.09.28.png
210 KB, 606x293
>>68830145
(You)

>>68830845
based nick
>>
Daniel didn't want Ophilia asking the others for medicine because he doesn't want anyone having anymore leverage over him than they already do.

It's paranoid and irrational, but it fits his background experiences.
>>
>>68831692
>She owed him her life because he gave her the seat he had been saving for his mom.
so? she could have sat in the seat she paid for, not following?
>>
>>68831974
>>68832008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkBK0lIeMQU

take note /tv/ this is what happens to filthy pedos
>>
>>68831692
Cunt that was Delta Airlines she owed for selling her the ticket.
>>
>>68829999

I have the exact opposite opinion.

TWD is genius.

FTWD is the smelly turd the genius shit out, flushed down the toilet, and somehow it ended up smeared across people's TVs.
>>
Haven't watched the last episode but I saw the one before last. Was kind of disappointed.
>take my children
>ok
>girl killed herself because
>ok
>take boy
>ok
>no don't take my brother
>ok
>leaves
What the fuck.
>>
>>68832544
Girl didn't kill herself, she just found the pills Nick had uncovered in front of her, doubt she knew what she was taking.
>>
Just answer me one question. Is it the same director of the other seasons??
>>
>>68832544
one of based nick's lower moments
>>
>>68829999
so when are they doing the cross over? how far is Rick from the west coast? haven't seen that shit in years.
>>
>>68832987
Rick's in Georgia and comatose in a hospital during all this shit.
>>
>>68832987
They have said they wont do a crossover.

There was a rumour floating around the female lead was Ricks sister. If true thats fucking lazy
>>
>>68833022
oh so it'll only cover the outbreak
>>
>>68833106
Yeah, this all about the confusion and collapse during the early outbreak.
>>
>>68833054
>the female lead
who? I've seen every episode btw
>>
The crew in the walking dead have been operating under the principle that more people in the group means better protection from zombies and they are finally realizing that having a large group just means more attention from people and a bigger target on their heads. Strand wants to keep a small group because he sees this.
>>
>>68833473
retarded blonde mom
>>
>>68830845
to me they all are mass murderer,, for that reason i cannot sympathizes with them
to rick need at least 4 season to became a really fuck up person,, but them,, only has been few weeks,
>>
>>68834370
yeah I was pretty pissed with how nonchalantly they led a fucking horde of zombies into the fucking military HOSPITAL

i blame faggot grandpa for that mostly, but they all went with it

based nick is absolved though, but I bet Strand would've done the same thing
>>
>>68833720
Fuck she is retarded too
>>
File: gets.jpg (6 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
gets.jpg
6 KB, 286x176
>>68829999
Show is mediocre at best though
>>
>>68829999
It feels rushed and went completely the wrong direction. It should have been a slow build up to the apocalypse, not something that happens in a matter of weeks. At this point it just feels like a less comic book-ish version of The Walking Dead.

It does, however, does build legitimate suspense which is something The Walking Dead has lacked since its early seasons. I can care for the characters again because they're not costume wearing superheroes and seem like genuine people. The sets in the show are also pretty good.
>>
>>68831652
I just want to stare at her lips all day
>>
>>68836071
this senpai. Although I don't think it would have been very entertaining with the slow build up, then it would've just been episodes full of family drama with a cast of retarded characters with like one or two cool scenes in the episode

i agree about the second thing too, and honestly I'm okay with this just being a less stupid walking dead. It really does feel like survival rather than Rick and co do something absolutely cuh ray zee and one of their hilarious sidekicks maybe get hinted at dying maybe
>>
>>68830322
Latino Dad was military in El Salvador...he tortured prisoners. This was mentioned in the first season.
>>
Pilot had 10m viewers, last ep has 5.8, looks like GoT will tank this show into oblivion.
>>
It could've worked if they had written and cast a few likable characters. i stopped watching the second I realized that I didn't care whether or not any of those shits lived or died.
>>
File: nick.jpg (45 KB, 634x357) Image search: [Google]
nick.jpg
45 KB, 634x357
>>68836998
>not watching to see based Nick go full Rick mode
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.