[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's ya opinion on this guy /tv/, a genius or an overrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 275x183
What's ya opinion on this guy /tv/, a genius or an overrated hack? Don't have much to contribute but would love to get a discussion going.
>>
>>68828244
Just another overrated jew.
>>
He's pretty funny but Tim Heidecker is the greatest comedian of all time.
>>
>>68828244

Decent at doing voices. Really thought a lot of himself and his "high art" of playing elaborate pranks and mind games. I think he was hiding a lack of talent with the antics.

What I don't get is why guys like Tony Danza say he was a pain to work with, and then later act like they were in on it and thought it was funny.
>>
>>68828244
Great bassist.
>>
Comedy has the shortest shelf life of any form of entertainment. It's hard to give a fair assessment when anything over 20 years old seems dated as fuck.
>>
>>68828244
Genius. On a cursory glance some of it can seem dated but he was really revolutionary and being on like that, seemingly 24/7 is a staggering performance in itself.
>>
The stuff he did with wrestling was pure genius.
>>
>>68829072

What was genius about it exactly? He kept kayfabe and drew heat like all wrestlers do. Taking the act to Letterman is nothing different than most wrestling talk show appearances.
>>
>>68829157
Not that anon but he was preternaturally gifted at it as few professional wrestlers are.
>>
>>68828244
genius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGQJOGcm7x0&list=PLtv48R7Edfz0rxdLCMflrT9rDyxAdAQHv
This album is fucking great. It was put together from tapes Andy made with his tape recorder. It captures pranks, comedy bits, and real conversations.
>>
>>68828987
This, by today's standards this guy is nothing special because lolrandum comics are everywhere now, but when he was contemporary few people in the mainstream was doing anything remotely like it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.