[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prometheus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 620x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 620x310
what went wrong?
>>
Nothing, get in here!

>>68827189
>>
Ridley Scott is a senile old cuck
>>
>>68827586
Daemon lindefaggot
>>
Overly contrived plotting. In an attempt to distance itself from, but totally not really, Alien, it became a mess. Especially the creature BS at the end. Demystifying the Engineers. Stupid characters making stupid decisions.
>>
>>68827586
People need to be walked through movies nowadays instead of trying to interpret things. They also don't like waiting for an explanation at a later time. Attention spans are shit, so that's why we can't have anything nice.
RIP Prometheus.
>>
>>68827827
Convoluted doesn't equal intelligent
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Why did Prometheus rip off the robot's head?
>>
>>68827901
Never said it did, though I also didn't think the movie was extremely complex. It actually was pretty straight forward. Things that were left open were meant to be summed up at a later point.
>>
Nothing, /tv/ bitches about everything.
>>
>>68828036
Truth. I hate this board at times because everyone seems to be quite full of themselves, like they're some kind of film/tv connoisseur. Too many people that cant enjoy shit.
>>
>>68828132
Exactly this, I wish people just enjoyed every film and television series, it's only entertainment after all you know?
>>
>>68827586

Nothing except the random interracial relationship with no real reason for existing.
>>
>>68828253
>Nothing except the random interracial relationship with no real reason for existing
who cares?
>>
>>68828320

I don't know. It seemed pretty random and nothing led up to it nor was anything said afterwards. It seemed like Ridley had to fill a quota or something.
>>
>>68828132
Everything is shit, you gay faggot, and you're worse than the people who celebrate that by bashing it, an enjoyable pass time, because you enter next level solipsism by trying to make yourself superior to those who enjoy that primitive joy. "Look at me: I'm so fucking enlightened; I enjoy thing. Not like you, cynical and ugly, who just hate everything and empty the world of its beauty". Go pick some flowers, you fucking bender.
>>
>>68828445
Or maybe it was a lighter moment in the movie where a few people, who have been away from their lives for quite some time, needed to just fuck? It wasn't necessary, yet I think it gave a more human side to Therons character.
>>
>>68828492
Wow, you must have a shit life. I sympathize.
Kek you get so upset over the idea that people need to appreciate shit a little more, especially on some shitty message board. Your priorities are fucked, as is your empty skull.
>>
>>68828492
>Look at me, i'm an edgy 14 year old who thinks my opinion matters, when in all reality my life is insignificant.
>>
The premise if the movie was really solid, but I think it could have used one more good script revision before filming.

More than a few major plot points depended on a crew of trained scientists and astronauts being unobservant morons (like wannabe Tom Hardy not noticing David OBVIOUSLY dip his finger in his drink right in front of him) and the B story was spinning it's wheels most of the time.

I'll also agree that it spent half its time trying to distance itself from Alien and the other half trying to draw connections.
>>
>>68828728
Lots of edgy 14 year olds on 4chan.
>>
>>68827586
Charlize was blacked by the black guy who was black.
>>
>>68828763
>I'll also agree that it spent half its time trying to distance itself from Alien and the other half trying to draw connections
I think that's where a lot of people got confused. He touted this movie being a separate entity from the Alien franchise, yet still made it a semi-alien movie.
>I think it could have used one more good script revision before filming.
This for sure. I thought the deleted scenes should've stayed in the movie.
Maybe we'll get a directors cut, since Scott loves bringing those out at a later time?
>>
>>68828841
Yet, Noomi Rapaces character gets literally impregnated by alien seed and nobody fucking cares.
But he's black, so you know.....
>>
>>68827920

>hubris clobbered by nemesis

Literally.

>>68827586

Probably your IQ and your education.

Prometheus was highly enjoyable.
>>
>>68828638
>>68828728
Your responses do nothing but demonstrate my point of an over eagerness to appear superior. Gg, faggots.
>>
>>68827827
the fuck are you talking about, theres nothing to interpret, it just has shitty fucking writing and pointless character motivations, lots of fucking plot holes and a few good ideas that got ruined along the way
>>
File: alienfu.jpg (89 KB, 1600x667) Image search: [Google]
alienfu.jpg
89 KB, 1600x667
I still fap to that c-section scene, it was delicious
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.