[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Spiers really kill those POWs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: german fucking shits.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
german fucking shits.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
Did Spiers really kill those POWs?
>>
Seems like he did, we see him go and talk to the Germans and give them cigarettes then we hear the shooting and some of the rumours later include the detail that he gave them cigarettes before shooting them.

Then there's also Malarkeys reaction of shock.
>>
File: 1459446244977.jpg (32 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1459446244977.jpg
32 KB, 640x640
>>68827061
I don't remember if that bit was true. I did remember reading a quote about him that basically said he was so hardcore he would probably be tried as a war criminal if he did that shit today.
>tfw running through that German held town to get the attack back on track really happened
>Germans too stunned to shoot at him
>>
Yes, they talk about it in the book Beyond Band of Brothers.
>>
>>68828199
>Then runs back
>>
Probably. He might've lost a good mate in the previous battle.
>>
yes and it seemed most of the higher ups knew about it too, but they lost so many officers during normandy keeping the ones they had became priority over punishing a war criminal and losing one.
>>
>>68827061
yea he did. i think because in the first couple days of D-Day, allies did not have the resources to keep POWs.
>>
File: bhe4tgy54.jpg (113 KB, 250x274) Image search: [Google]
bhe4tgy54.jpg
113 KB, 250x274
>>68828199
>this stallion gives you the fucking of a life time and back
>offers you a smoke

What do?
>>
>>68828557
Do you think he was justified?
>>
>>68828566
Tell him no thank you, smoking is for self medicating faggot babbies
>>
>>68828889
What is this website other than self medicating for autism?
>>
>>68828566
Tell him, "Smokes are for jokes bud! Trash the ash bro!!"
>>
>>68828942
Speak for yourself lmao, I-I'm not autistic
>>
>>68828610
No. I mean, just not taking prisoners is one thing, but executing them after someone else has already accepted their surrender is pretty fucked.
>>
>>68829048
i wonder what happened to the nazy prisoners that were captured early on
>>
>>68827061
Yes, but all the staff that would have charged and arrested him were dead at that point so he got away with it. He later shot a non-com who disobeyed his orders and repeatedly led his men forward into friendly artillery. Don't know if he faced any disciplinary action for that one.
>>
>>68829274
they were relocated to rather nice prison camps
>>
>>68827061

Never happened.

That was one of those bullshit "my buddy in Charlie company knows some guy at H.Q. that was told a guy in Alpha heard some automatic fire somewhere near the P.O.W. collection point, and when he went to investigate, he saw somebody that looked like LT Speirs walking away from some dead Germans" kind of things...
>>
>>68830804
how many years did they serve? lifetime or a few. because lets be honest better be dead than never be free again
>>
>>68828610
No, but war is shit, m8
>>
>>68827061

YES.
>>
>>68831671
Most of the PoWs held by the western Allies were released within a few years, generally after being used as forced labor to help with reconstruction in Europe, some were kept in less than sufficient conditions.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.