[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can the meme end? My Week With Mariyln budget $10million gross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11
File: 1461711845238.jpg (205 KB, 773x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461711845238.jpg
205 KB, 773x1024
can the meme end?

My Week With Mariyln
budget $10million gross $35 million
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
budget $13 million gross $33.4 million
This Is the End
$32 million budget gross $132 milliom
The Bling Ring
$8 million budget $19.1 million gross
Noah
$125 million gross $362.6 million
Regressiom
Budget $20 million Gross $17.7 million
Colonia
budget undisclosed gross $2.3 million
Upcoming
The Circle
Beauty and the Beast

Seem pretty good to me, Emma hasn't bombed anything, low budget indie films that don't gross a ton doesn't equate bombing like The Huntsman. Regression and Colonia were chose bc of the directors and the latter wasnt even distributed outside of Europe bc its a german made film.

TLDR she'll be fine
>>
>>68824211
your waifu is shit
>>
my boy red cliff is where its at he only makes the finest and purest of kino
>>
>hey guise look at these movies where she wasn't even the star

>they did great!

>this is the end! the movie she walked off of because she is an unprofessional cunt!

So Emma had already filmed a scene last week at “James Franco’s party” and was coming back Wednesday and Thursday to film another scene with Channing Tatum, Danny McBride, Seth Rogan, Franco and Jay Baruchel.

The scene was as raunchy as it could be. Seth, Franco and Kay are kneeling on the ground with a few “cannibals” over them (that’s me) waiting to eat them as McBride comes out of an RV as our “king” with Channing Tatum on a leash in only a thong.

Emma knew he was going to be in a thong and everyone knows he used to be a stripper. So things were starting to get raunchy. Emma steps on set and looks at the scene and all of us in it and kind of has a freak out moment. Before we started to film she stormed off set with her publicist and Seth was saying what happened what’s wrong with Emma? Then she came back and filmed about 3 minutes of the scene.

During the scene Channing decided to do some of his breakdancing in front of her but alas he was in nothing but a thong.

So Emma storms off set. Everyone’s like WTF where is she going? She walks all the way down the street. So we wrapped the night 5 minutes later.

Came back last night and found out she quit because she the scene was too raunchy and she was really pissed that Channing was drinking while filming. He was obviously smoking weed as well.

But who can blame her right? She has a good image to uphold. But her quitting made last night filled with Emma jokes.

The ground was wet and muddy and Channing said we were stepping in Emma’s tears
>>
File: 1233475.gif (916 KB, 216x221) Image search: [Google]
1233475.gif
916 KB, 216x221
>>68824237
bravo thanks for your great input
>>
>>68824260

In the middle of Mila’s interview James said the following:

JAMES FRANCO: So a funny thing happened on this movie I’m doing down here in New Orleans that made me think of you. The movie is a comedy, but it’s kind of an outrageous one, and this actress—I won’t say who, but she had a smaller role in the film—walked off the movie in the middle of a scene.

MILA KUNIS: This is Seth [Rogen]’s movie that you’re talking about?

JAMES FRANCO: Yeah. I’ll admit that the scene we were doing was pretty crazy. There’s not any nudity, but it is pretty outrageous. It’s not as if the scene wasn’t in the script, though. In any case, I didn’t see any of this go down, but I guess she basically went up to the directors, Seth and Evan [Goldberg], and said, "I don’t think I can do this." She, by the way, didn’t have to do anything crazy in the scene. But what was going on around her was, I guess, too extreme for her. So Seth was like, "Well, what can we do to fix it?" And she said, "There’s nothing you can do to fix it. It’s just everything." And he said, “Well, let’s just shoot it and I promise you can come to the editing room, and, if you don’t like what we’ve cut together, then we will not put it in the movie.” And she said, "No, that’s still not good. I just can’t do this. I can’t be here." And he said, "Do you want to leave?" And she said, "Yeah, I’ve got to leave."

MILA KUNIS: What?

JAMES FRANCO: Yeah, so she left. But what I’m really leading to is that my experience working with you has, in many ways, been the opposite of that.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/mila-kunis
>>
Time to go nude
>>
>>68824260
you had that pasta ready huh? she did star in them...she starred opposite eddie redmayne and kisses him in mariyln, starred in perks, starred in noah, starred opposite daniel bruhl in colonia, starred opposite ethan hawke in regression, is leading in the tom hanks film and is leading in beauty and the beast

but epic bread, considering youre that serious about a seth rogan 'comedy'. and she actually did rape jokes
>>
>>68824326
Emma said seeing Radcliffe in equus made her respect nudity and that it was brave. Also indicated she wouldnt take her kit off soon but its part of her job. So I think shes open to it if its done well. She obviously wont be in beauty and the beast but she wants more adult type roles, bet she will get the one in the next five six years and we will see her stark.
>>
>>68824302
who gives a shit, she was really funny in the part she was in, and was fine with the rape joke.

you really basing an actresses merit on a seth rogan james franco extraordinaire?
>>
>>68824302
Tatum was apparently not sober. She was probably getting annoyed by their antics if its true. Emma did film multiple scenes otherwise, that particular one was likely added on and not discussed prior to filming.
>>
>>68824260
>The ground was wet and muddy and Channing said we were stepping in Emma’s tears
Ayyyy
>>
File: emmaad.jpg (110 KB, 700x906) Image search: [Google]
emmaad.jpg
110 KB, 700x906
>>68824260
>>68824211
She's been a stupid sheltered hypocrite on more than one occasion.

remember when she talked shit about females using their image and sex appeal to sell things?
>>
>>68824260
>Channing said they were stepping in Emmas tears
TOP FUCKING KEK 10/10 BANTZ WATSON BTFO
>>
File: 1460837204330.jpg (33 KB, 600x513) Image search: [Google]
1460837204330.jpg
33 KB, 600x513
Is there anything more pathetic than Emmacucks?

Bitch ruined Harry Potter for me.
>>
>>68825253
this, she peaked in philosophers stone
>>
>>68825184
That reminds me when she said how stupid she thought of celebs selling perfume.
>>
>>68825253
nope she was good in all of them except goblet bc it was terrible. She was really good in 6 7 and 8
>>
>>68825253
god this fucking disgusting coal burner.
>>
>>68825405
Do you have reading comprehension? She meant their own personal fragrance. Theres a difference between Emma Watsons cunt mist and Lancome being advertised by Emma Watson

>>68825184
Didnt talk shit, Emmas been a model for over a decade.
>>
>>68825253
refugees =/= migrants = terrorists
>>
>>68825447
She dates white guys and chinks.. being from paris
>>
>>68825253
If she welcomes them all to her multiple mansions then the rest of us don't have to bother, thanks Emma!
>>
>>68825532
she was probably upset there was a terrorist attack
>>
File: 1453047239711.jpg (356 KB, 700x1060) Image search: [Google]
1453047239711.jpg
356 KB, 700x1060
>>68825409
She didn't portray her character correctly (which was partly the director's fault, but also her own vanity).

And she's a grade A smug, self important, hypocritical bitch irl.
>>
>>68825566
>implying its her fault that the middle east is shit on purpose
>implying your world leaders even give more of a shit than she or you or me
>>
>>68825627
>>implying its her fault that the middle east is shit on purpose
Nobody implied this
>>implying your world leaders even give more of a shit than she or you or me
I don't even understand what the point of this statement is
>>
>>68825598
youre a cherry picking faggot. theres loads of pictures of her being nice to people. shes always rushing at airports, would you want to sign stuff after being on a flight and trying to still get to your destination?

And no she was perfect as hermione. Deathly hallows part 1 was character driven and she did great
>>
>>68825727
the point is why are you getting mad about a tweet which is relatively harmless bc its basically just about not being hostile, when the climate is engineered to be hostile by those in power. its purposefully shit, so why are you blaming an actress
>>
>>68825761
>Deathly hallows part 1 was character driven and she did great

Yeah, it was character driven, and she and the directors completely ruined the characters, who acted nothing like in the book. They certainly haven't fucking danced in the tent when Ron was gone.
>>
File: sadfrog11.jpg (20 KB, 241x228) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog11.jpg
20 KB, 241x228
>>68825487
>Theres a difference between Emma Watsons cunt mist and Lancome being advertised by Emma Watson
>Emma Watsons cunt mist
w-where can I find this
>>
>>68825924
>They certainly haven't fucking danced in the tent when Ron was gone.
Yes they did
>>
>>68824211
hey there genius, those are production budgets only, they dont include the marketing budgets

add at least another $10m to all of them at a minimum for marketing

also GROSS at the box office doesnt mean dick, its the NET

oh well, what should i expect. emma-fags are delusional retards at best
>>
>>68826049
>Yes they did

Ok now you're just trolling.
>>
>>68825924
ok youre one of those people. listen films and books are different for a reason. they were great films.

nobody is talking about adaptions bc its impossible to adapt several hundreds of pages to a 2 hour movie. they will always be different and should be judged as such

the trio did exceptional near the end imho and they were true to their characters. i dont see what you think was out of place, they acted as they should have
>>
>>68826146
Noah probably had a marketing budget in excess of $75 million or more
>>
>>68826146
except not, most of them were not marketed bc they were smaller films thats the point. this is the end and noah were the only big budget. perks didnt have a 10 million marketing budget either thats absurd
>>
who cares desu
>>
>>68826242
it absolutely did. there were television and print ads everywhere when it came out and it flopped hard

less than $20million for marketing is small these days
>>
>>68826049
>>68826159
The director and Radcliffe and Watson admitted harry and Hermione had more than just friendship and would have or could have easily dome something intimate bc they wanted it, but Hermione knows she loves Ron.

This actually is the scene that made JK go back on her shipping ans admit Harry and Hermione were better suited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFe0OR-Vaww
>>
>>68826177
>they were true to their characters

No they weren't.

>they acted as they should have

In the book, Hermione is reluctant to take the dragon out out of Gringotts. Yet in the movie she is the one that suggests the idea. Ron was turned completely upside-down, from defending Hermione to siding with Snape against her. They fucked up the characters completely and made Hermione a Mary-Sue. And it was easily possible to do a better adaptation in regards to characters. All they needed to do was make the characters act like they did in the book, instead of giving all their actions and lines to Hermione.

But you probably haven't read the books in 10 years and wouldn't know the difference anyway. Pleb.
>>
>>68826377
>This actually is the scene that made JK go back on her shipping ans admit Harry and Hermione were better suited.

The media twisted Rowling's words, she never said that. It's just that the directors were filthy H/Hr shippers and changed the characters to suit them, like some 12 year old girl writing her first fanfiction.
>>
>>68826341
>flopped hard
Filmed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the film was released on September 21, 2012, to positive critical response and commercial success, earning $33.4 million to a budget of $13 million.

Nobody except you has said it flopped. Its considered a success on a relatively small budget
>>
>>68826441
lol shills

do you really think they kept all $33million of the box office GROSS? how did the theaters and distributors get paid?

they probably brought back less than half of the box office gross, do the math kid

and when you are done with that, see >>68824237
>>
>>68826389
Stop talking about the books this is /tv/

Do you really not comprehend why film is different and HAS to be different than a novel.

The films were great. youre just triggered, so good for you. They were true to their characters throughout the series. Hermione has faults and readily admits to them and she is helped out by Ron and Harry and co just as much as anyone else, it just so happens she knows what shes talking about bc shes supposed to.
>>
>hasn't and will probably never show her tits
>>
>>68826572
Even without reading the books, Hermione was a clear Mary-Sue in the movies, which ruined them and certain characters. You don't need to read the books to realize it, but knowing canon material makes you realize just how much they fucked it up.
>>
File: 1461032481760.gif (823 KB, 245x352) Image search: [Google]
1461032481760.gif
823 KB, 245x352
>>68826589
Theres a good chance imho, shes never stated she wouldnt or doesnt want to. quite the opposite.
>>
>>68826589
That's because she's as flat as an ironing board.
>>
>>68826665
Shes not a mary sue any more than Harry. shes disliked by Snape, and slytherin co. She gets btfo by the troll in 1 and saved by ron and harry. btfo by the basilisk but survives bc she knew was she was doing and madame pompfrey, three she plays a vital role as much as harry, 4 didnt matter, 5 outsmarts umbridge like in the novels but is saved with harry by the centaurs, 5 is saved in the ministry after trying to fight like her peers, 6 cant even make living death potion, 7 is btfo by bellatrix and saved by dobby
>>
>>68826703
See >>68826675 no she isnt she just doesn't push up her tits all the time, god tier nipples too

32B, shes got bigger tits than the other emmas
>>
>>68826439
"I wrote the Hermione/Ron relationship as a form of wish fulfillment. That's how it was conceived, really," Rowling says in the interview. "For reasons that have very little to do with literature and far more to do with me clinging to the plot as I first imagined it, Hermione ended up with Ron."

"I know, I'm sorry," she adds. "I can hear the rage and fury it might cause some fans, but if I'm absolutely honest, distance has given me perspective on that. It was a choice I made for very personal reasons, not for reasons of credibility. Am I breaking people's hearts by saying this? I hope not."

And what did the fictional Mrs. Weasley have to say about all this? She agrees!

"I think there are fans out there who know that too and who wonder whether Ron would have really been able to make her happy," Watson says in the interview.

Sounds like they both agree that it was wrong
>>
File: ginny at the beach.jpg (105 KB, 634x782) Image search: [Google]
ginny at the beach.jpg
105 KB, 634x782
Hermione/Ron would have ended in spousal abuse. Not sure which would be the perpetrator though

What is the /tv/ consensus on Ginny?
>>
>>68826439
the books dont even have much romance between ron and hermione. its an afterthought. at least the films showed things as they actually would have been, harry and hermione would have had some feelings for eachother, going through everything and in that moment could have kisses. they were arguably better suited in the books and definitely better suited in the movies not only bcthe actors had better chemistry but their characters ended up having it too, it translated on screen well.
>>
>>68826389
Gambon was best dumbledore. Hes supposed to be weird, ecclectic and humble. Harris was only the latter.

Gambon personified Dumbledore on screen greatly in Azkaban and Half Blood Prince.

But when you hire a Shakespearean actor you let him domthe acting, you dont have him read the books and lines verbatim.
>>
>>68827112
Rowling said that R/Hr wasn't perfect. There was nothing about Harry in there, and Emma isn't an authority on anything relating to the books.

>Hermione/Ron would have ended in spousal abuse. Not sure which would be the perpetrator though

Seeing that Hermione attacks Ron much more than he attacks her, and in physical ways as well, I'd say it would be her.

>the books dont even have much romance between ron and hermione.

They had a lot of moments where they both showed interest in each other, all the way back to book 1. Harry, in contrast, doesn't care much about Hermione and doesn't really enjoys her company. It was very clear and only complete retards could think otherwise. This article is full of examples (and there were even better examples published after it was written): http://www.hp-lexicon.org/essays/essay-hh-suited.html

It didn't "translate to screen well" - they just completely changed their relationship, which wasn't very close in the book.
>>
File: dumbledore is calm.gif (515 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
dumbledore is calm.gif
515 KB, 500x398
>>68827407
>Gambon was best dumbledore. Hes supposed to be weird, ecclectic and humble

I don't see where "child beater" fits into that.
>>
>>68827451
goblet is the exception bc goblet was terrible, script wise.

And after he says that he goes youre absolutely certain? hes playing the concern of an old irish guy. they sometimes raise their voices, but he actually cares anout harry when hes at the pensive and such. but like i said in 3 and 6 he nails it
>>
>>68827421
films can change things. they were best friends and friends for a reason, in all the films harry shows he cares about Hermione. so building off their friendship is fine bc it did fit the films since they were the two main characters.

i dont really care who is with who i just think their relationship was well done in the movies
>>
>>68827523
It's very noticeable in the books that Dumbledore is only enraged in very rare moments - maybe like two times in the whole series. Usually he's stoic and eccentric, so it's a huge OOC moment. There was also a part in OotP where Dumbledore is pissed and says "don't you all have exams to study for?!", which he never would have done in the book. He generally made him a grumpy, broody asshole.

>>68827607
But I'm not talking about how they made them in the movies, I'm talking about how they were in the books and how they changed that in the movies. I wouldn't care about their relationship if it was an original movie, but the movies just give pleb "fans" the wrong idea about many things.
>>
>>68827421
They show harry and rons slight annoyance in the first one and third one. theres no reason for harry to be nasty to her especially after what ends up happening, because they are all actually friends
>>
Emma Watson > Emma Stone > Emma Roberts
>>
>>68827667
he says that infront of Umbridge bc hes pissed at everything happening. hes sort of being tongue and cheek there. hes tongue and cheek a lot

Theres no wrong idea to it, they cared about eachother in a brother sister manner, or even a mother son manner compared to how hermione acts. if anything it shows what the books missed out on they would have had strong feeling either way bc of their childhood
>>
>>68827707
I didn't say Harry had to be nasty to her (though he had some serious nasty moments in OotP), he just wasn't that close to her. For instance, when Ron was gone in DH, he barely even spoke to Hermione for weeks, to the point that Hermione brought a racist portrait for company. The movie made it seem like he was totally ok with Ron gone, while in the boo he was crushed because of it.

Generally, Harry was much closer to Ron than to Hermione, and all those Harry/Hermione scenes in the movies are completely fanfiction.

>>68827817
>hes sort of being tongue and cheek there

No, he isn't. Watch the scene again. He's completely pissed and grumby.
>>
>>
>>68827198

British as fuck.
>>
>>68827867
i think the deathly hallows was handled very well, you cant do the books verbatim and it makes more sense that they would be talkimg trying to figure out the hallows or else people would have felt the movie was even more filler than it actually was. being away from hogwarts allowed the characters to be in the forefront. so you arent going to have hary and hermione ignore eachother especially when they both feel vulnerable and helpless

of course hes pissed and grumpy the entire point of the film is an orwellian style ministry. since umbridge is trying to outclass him hes mad sure, but saying dont you all have studying to do! has two meanings, one of course the students do have studying to do and two its a slight stick to umbridge basically akin to calling her a bitch and dropping the mic.

these films are extremely british especially yates' hes not just making him grumpy for no reason
>>
>>68827867
Theres no fan fiction. the films are different from the books you dont have to get so mad that they are bc its purposefully done that way.

Sure i was mad how they left things out but generally in telling the story and having it connect to the audience and making you care about the characters, they did it well
>>
>>68828161
Basically its less an accompaniment to the books and moreso a portrayal of them on film.
>>
>>68827867
Everyone knows Harry and Ron are bros, bros go through stuff and shake it off, their relationship was strong in the films, they are clearly best friends
>>
>>68828161
>the films are different from the books you dont have to get so mad that they are bc its purposefully done that way.

I'm not getting mad. We're talking about how the movies and their characters are different from canon, and I'm simply giving examples.

>>68828077
See, you're just ignoring the characters and their characteristics as they were presented in the books. You think "it makes sense that he's mad", but no, it doesn't make sense, because that's out of character, and it's simply one example of how Gambon changed the character.

>so you arent going to have hary and hermione ignore eachother

Except that's what they mostly did, for the simple fact that *Harry doesn't really enjoy Hermione's company*, which is clear in the books because you read his thoughts, but of course the movies changed their relationship so to moviefags it seems to "make sense".
>>
>>68828351
Films allows things to be different, i respect that. i wasnt put off by it' especially in ootp when the school is a mess

>Except that's what they mostly did, for the simple fact that *Harry doesn't really enjoy Hermione's company*, which is clear in the books because you read his thoughts, but of course the movies changed their relationship so to moviefags it seems to "make sense".
its not about making sense to the books its about making a better movie and showcasing the characters.
>>
>>68828584
And because of that its one of the best parts of the series, because its realistic in terms of the actors and the characters we've seen on the screen. Hermione helps out a lot. theres no reason for Harry to not be thoughful and care about her as much as she has done for him. He feels responsible for throwing his friends in the thick of it and doesnt want her or anyone to be depressed or feel like they have a burden
>>
>>68828709
But they are depressed and do have a burden, which is why it upsets him and adds more to Harrys character bc he values friendship
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.