[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman V Superman: A Recut Version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (20 KB, 289x509) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20 KB, 289x509
If Batman V Superman had a 90 minute running time mainly focused on the Batman storyline, do you think it would have gotten way better reviews?

What I mean is imagine if the movie never had any first person encounters with Superman and rather it was almost entierely told from the perspective of Bruce/Batman?

We would still get the party scenes with him being invited by Lex, bumping into Clark Kent, still secretly getting the downstairs Justice League information which Wonder Woman steals, him acting classy when he finds WW looking at a spear etc.

Lex's scenes would be reduced, possibly cutting out the Senator completely, and we wouldn't get any of the bullet side plot or Lois being a reporter in the desert at beginning.

This would make the film only focus on the main core: Batman fighting Superman with the Lex Doomsday and Wonder Woman side plot.
>>
>>68821276
Yes this could work. Cape movies in general can't abstain from showing every point of view, apparently just following the hero on his search for the truth is too confusing, you have to literally see the bad guy do all the scheming before it makes sense.
>>
If it wasn't as laughable while taking itself as dead seriously, it would have gotten better reviews/reception.

Marvel movies get away with being laughable because they have the character laugh at how laughable some shit.
>>
>>68821387
Yeah especially Martha being kidnapped and Lex's speech on rooftops definitely would have to remain in the movie to better understand his motivations.
>>
>>68821438
Yeah I got myself laughing at how Spiderman talks in Civil War cos it sounds cheesy yet like you said the Marvel films never take themself so seriously and this works by having entertaining action along with the quips.

But yeah BvS had none of this as it was just a political serious drama.
>>
>>68821276
>If Batman V Superman had a 90 minute running time mainly focused on the Batman storyline, do you think it would have gotten way better reviews?
Probably?

It's easily the strongest portion of the movie.
>>
>>68821860
This.
Sucked that we had to wait over 40 minutes to see Bats in his batmobile.
>>
>>68821567
I love how this had nothing to do with BvS
>>
>>68821276
Should've been a solo Batman film with the ending being the Zod fight. It would lead directly to the third movie
>>
I want to see more city destruction
>>
>>68821567
A movie taking itself seriously isn't necessarily bad.

A movie taking itself seriously when it surrounds characters who dress like clowns and punch other people that dress like clowns and CGI monsters (that look like clowns) can't work without some level of self-awareness.
>>
>>68822239
watch MoS
Supes goes all super"hero" on random city dwellers
>>
>>68821276
It was a Batman film, everyone else was just sprinkled in there.
The title was there for the marketing.
>>
>>68822040
You have nothing to do with BvS
>>
>>68821276
It would make it better yeah. The more you cut away the better the movie gets. The ultimate editions will be 0 minutes long.
>>
>>68821276
nah people will find excuses to hate on this MOVIE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.