[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just realized I've never seen Alien 3 or 4. I guess I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Alien-3-e-4.png (636 KB, 801x566) Image search: [Google]
Alien-3-e-4.png
636 KB, 801x566
I just realized I've never seen Alien 3 or 4.

I guess I've subconsciously avoided seeing them due to always hearing how much they apparently suck.

Are they worth watching at all?
>>
>>68818763
no, just stop before its too late
>>
3 is great in the assembly cut version

4 is always shit
>>
File: robert de niro laughing.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
robert de niro laughing.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Watch them both and make up your own fucking mind.

3 is great, but Resurrection is a quippy Whedon mess.
>>
I've never seen 3, but I've seen 4.

It's terrible, but I would still recommend it. It's fun in a terrible b-movie sort of way. Brad Dourif is great in it. There's also a creepy looking alien thing at the end that's like a cross between a xenomorph and a human.
>>
>>68818763
They are different.

Watch 3 if you like thriller sci-fi in a prison complex, only one alien, sad stuff, little girl dying.

Watch 4 if you like B-movie Doom-2 style fun, with a lot of aliens, assholish Ripley, assholish other characters, but mostly a lot of aliens, killing and fire.

(Basically, 3 is a B version of 1; 4 is a B version of 2)
>>
>>68818874
To continue on that, while I recognize that 3 probably had some more artistic intgrity, it was a snorefest for me. 4, on the other hand, young me liked, but it's pretty much a thing of its time and generally "lol for kids".
>>
You're already expecting them to be shit so you might find that they're better than you thought.

What's the worst that could happen?
>>
File: call[1].jpg_1338521987.png (188 KB, 736x320) Image search: [Google]
call[1].jpg_1338521987.png
188 KB, 736x320
If you're a winona ryder fan then 4 is worth it. She's painfully cute in that movie.

Beyond that though it's pretty dull.
>>
3 is a worthy failure and a proper ending to the series. Resurrection is a confused cash-grab. Both are reasonably well-made.
>>
3 is a good attempt. 4 is Whedon fucking up hard
>>
File: alien-isolation-wallpaper.jpg (186 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
alien-isolation-wallpaper.jpg
186 KB, 1280x720
How does Alien Isolation live up to the movies?
>>
4 is a real oddity.
It completely fails to capture the mood, style, atmosphere and themes of the first movie. BUT it has some very effective scenes in it
>>
>>68818763

3 is the last good one, even in its theatrical cut superior to everything that followed.
>>
+1 for the Assembly Cut of Alien 3.
>>
3 is good. 4 is weird and bad but not quite as bad as its rep. It's a Joss Whedon script directed by someone who didn't get the joke.
>>
>>68819064
not well, considering the Alien is borderline comical.
Great atmosphere and designs, tho
>>
>>68819124
Jean-Pierre Jeunet is a fine director. He made really great movies, but his style just didnt really work for alien, except maybe a few scenes here and there
>>
>>68819175
>great atmosphere/designs

So... It delivers as a proper Alien game then?
>>
>>68819282
>the Alien is borderline comical
until you meet the alien, yes
>>
>>68819397
I don't remember it being very comical. Are you playing on easy mode?
>>
>>68819064
I'd say it's the best pure Alien game (I also suggest Alien vs Predator arcade and Aliens vs Predator 2 on pc). It's good, real fucking good for what was probably supposed to be a throw away cash-in indie horror, but it's still only a video game. Does it "live up" to the first 2 movies? Fuck no. But it was a better experience than the first AvP movie, and I didn't actively regret playing (watching) it like I did with Alien Resurrection.

>>68818874
Holy shit, I'm not sure if that analogy is something you've heard before or something you made up on the spot, but fuck what a spot on comment.
>>
>>68819506
Made up on spot. Thinking about it, you could say that they realized that they have two alternate "faces" of their franchise and fandom (the 1-alien thriller and the many-aliens shoot'em'up), thus delivered two films that continued both styles, although never being as good as the originals.
>>
>>68819444
has nothing to do with difficulty, although the AI gets very predictable
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.